Something fishy in Texans-Chiefs game on a pass interferce call

syhuang

3 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

It was called in a game that has an impact on the Patriots' ability to hold home field advantage through the playoffs. Unfair advantage: Pat*****...

We knew Brady had a speaker in his helmet that didn’t turn off. Who knew he had a microphone to talk to refs around the league? He’s got his own little Red Zone Communication Center in a helmet! This is worse than I feared!!!

31 minutes ago, Augie said:

We knew Brady had a speaker in his helmet that didn’t turn off. Who knew he had a microphone to talk to refs around the league? He’s got his own little Red Zone Communication Center in a helmet! This is worse than I feared!!!

That would be the Kraft to Riveron hotline

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oooooh, thoughtful!

Belicheat has gotta stay one step ahead of the shoeshine; two steps across the county line, in the words of Paul Simon. Clear and blatant cheating won't work anymore. He's gotta be creative to pull this sheeee-ite off, year after year; decade after decade.

Very interesting...and I fully agree that this is how these fouls WELL AWAY from the action should be handled.....BUT, I've NEVER seen it handled this way before. I have seen fouls well away from the play called, and enforced, many, MANY times over the years.

Is this a new rule adjustment for this year?

I might be in the minority here,  but it looked like Kelce got under the left armpit of the DB and then went to the ground on his own after the DB got spun around a bit. I definitely didn't see where the DB pulled him down. 

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

I think that despite the unfairness of the outcome, the officials got it right according to the rules.

Lol

The whole point of the rule book is to eliminate unfairness. 

NFL officiating is plagued by a lack of common sense. ..

....and probably corruption.

3 hours ago, syhuang said:

For this bold statement above, my understanding is that only when the end result is a turnover, the play gets auto-reviewed. In this case, it didn't end up as a turnover so there is no auto-review.

Also, from the original article: "PFT has learned that replay review definitely was not involved in this decision", auto review didn't kick in for this particular play.

I don't want to rag on you and certainly it has improved over the years, but since when is PFT a definitive source for what goes on in the league?

38 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Very interesting...and I fully agree that this is how these fouls WELL AWAY from the action should be handled.....BUT, I've NEVER seen it handled this way before. I have seen fouls well away from the play called, and enforced, many, MANY times over the years.

Is this a new rule adjustment for this year?

When was the flag thrown?  It seems to me that also matters.

4 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

It's been fairly apparent this year that via their ear pieces, officials on the field are receiving input from someone off the field. It's happened on multiple potential "game changing" calls that were not under review or challenged (e.g. kick catch interference in the Steelers game last night). The normal routine is the officials huddle to "discuss" it, but it's obvious they're waiting on input that's communicated to them from somewhere.

Side note, I'm 100% fine with this, but feel the league should be more transparent about it.

Odd timing since sports gambling is legal this year, wouldn’t you say? ?

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

and the lions were hosed tonight.  Just like the jets were almost hosed yesterday.  It’s just too obvious.  

pathetic.

The game tonight really demonstrates the total control of a game, including a reversal of its outcome, a single official can have with just 2 key plays.  

If NFL refs haven't been bought off before, they will be at some point in the future.  The reward is too great for everyone involved not to engage in a little good old American greed/fraud.

• Thank you (+1) 1