Which AFC Team Is The Biggest Challenge To Threaten Buffalo for a Playoff Spot?

Which AFC Team Is The Biggest Challenge To Threaten Buffalo for a Playoff Spot?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC Team Is The Biggest Challenge To Threaten Buffalo for a Playoff Spot?

• Oakland Raiders
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • San Diego Chargers
    • NY Jets
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • Houston Texans
    • Denver Broncos
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Pats* are the #1 team Buffalo still needs focus on.  I for one have not given up hope for a Division Title.

Bills need to keep winning and put pressure on NE every week!

The Pats remain in the way. Defeating them once and for all opens up the door to the promised land. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The Pats remain in the way. Defeating them once and for all opens up the door to the promised land. 

If you polled the players I'm sure the are not worrying about Wildcard Tie-breaker scenarios at this stage of the season.

Nor should they.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

If you polled the players I'm sure the are not worrying about Wildcard Tie-breaker scenarios at this stage of the season.

Nor should they.

Heck no. They should be more concerned about themselves and winning their own ball games week to week, and taking care of their side of the street. The rest of that stuff is dealt with later. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It’s also a good thing that defeating them isn’t required for the Bills to make the playoffs this year. 

True, but speaking of looking ahead, I cannot wait for the Bills to finally beat them. It would be more satisfying for the Bills and the fans.

New England

KC

Houston 

Baltimore 

are the 4 division winners. Buffalo will be likely the 5th seed worse the 6th seed. Think Indy are the most likely 2nd wildcard with Oakland and the Chargers (talent even though the record sucks) as the next two most likely. 

I feel the WC winners will be the Bills and Either the Texans or colts.  Whichever team finishes second in their division.  

i feel the biggest threats are the chargers, browns and steelers (due to an improved D)

the ravens should win the north.  Chiefs west.  

• Like (+1) 1

Ordinarily I would say the Bills reverting to past form, finding new heartbreaking ways to lose, would be the biggest threat to them making the playoffs.

However this team really feels different.  They are playing really tough, smart, disciplined football 95% of the time, which is good enough to win almost every time.  All four of their wins were games that previous Bills teams would have found a way to lose.  All of them.  Instead they kept their heads on straight, backed each other up, and did their jobs, mostly.  As much as it's good that Bills fans Bill-ieve I think what's going on is that the PLAYERS Bill-ieve.  For the first time since the 1999 season, I think the team goes out on the field each week, expecting to win, whatever it takes.  And why wouldn't they, with that defense.  Whoo.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

^^ run on sentence.

There is also a problem with capitalization. 

I’m surprised there is not a little more Raider love (though I’m NO Gruden fan). I get the Texans getting the 2nd most votes so far, but I just saw how awful they have been at forcing 3 and outs. THAT makes me feel a little better. 

The Bills will be the #5 seed ... They'll have a better record than the #4 team and beat them in the wild card round (Texans)

I think the Colts will be the 6 seed and could beat the 3 seed  (Chiefs again)

Colts will get crushed by the patriots ...

Bills will beat the Texans on the road and then beat the Ravens and patriots, both on the road to make the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Realist said:

Until the Bills are no longer in control of their own destiny, their biggest challenge is themselves. 

The same can be said about any team and that’s not what the thread is about. Every team needs to win their own games or they are entirely dependent upon what other teams do , so.....

On 10/14/2019 at 12:04 PM, SydneyBillsFan said:

Indy are likely to finish 2nd behind Houston.

And I still think the Chargers will finish 2nd behind KC.

AFC North looks like a cripple fight.

So yeah, Indy or LAC.

WTF?? The Chargers have won a single game since week one.  They have GB and KC twice.  

On 10/14/2019 at 12:04 PM, SydneyBillsFan said:

Indy are likely to finish 2nd behind Houston.

And I still think the Chargers will finish 2nd behind KC.

AFC North looks like a cripple fight.

So yeah, Indy or LAC.

Chargers aren't going to finish with more than 9 wins...they find ways to lose way too frequently. Rivers might be a HOF QB but he doesn't do enough at the end of the day

Colts and then Texans ..

I don't believe in Baltimore. Lamar had a great Week 1 and 2 but his play has fallen off a cliff since.. They're defense is mediocre at Best.

If we don't win the division , I'd love to be playing Bal Wildcard weekend, I see us winning by 10+ points