Which AFC Team Is The Biggest Challenge To Threaten Buffalo for a Playoff Spot?

Which AFC Team Is The Biggest Challenge To Threaten Buffalo for a Playoff Spot?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC Team Is The Biggest Challenge To Threaten Buffalo for a Playoff Spot?

• Oakland Raiders
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • San Diego Chargers
    • NY Jets
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • Houston Texans
    • Denver Broncos
    • Pittsburgh Steelers

The good news for the Bills is that the Bills is that the AFC has not been good over the past first quarter of the season.  

But the bad is news is that the AFC is bad!  Meaning that it will be plausible for one of the 2-4 AFC team to make a run at a wildcard spot.  

Take a team like The Browns.  They have looked awful, but given the talent on the team and a fairly weak second half schedule, they have a shot at getting back in the race.  

Same with the Jets - who looked to be a much better team with a healthy Darnold at the helm.  After next weeks game vs New England, they have the same schedule the Bills do and could end up stacking wins.  

Which team do you see as the most dangerous to go on a run and threaten the Bills for a playoff spot?

I added most of the AFC Teams outside of Miami and Cincinnati who are out of it.

I am also assuming that NE and KC are going to win the division.  Of course, it’s no guarantee but right now it looks to happen. 

Edited by Phil The Thrill

I'm banking on Baltimore taking the AFC North leaving us to fight it out with non division winner between  Houston/Colts and most likely Raiders. With our schedule, a good team should waltz into the playoffs. 

Let's see if we can help ourselves and let the chips fall where they may.

15 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

The good news for the Bills is that the Bills is that the AFC has not been good over the past first quarter of the season.  

But the bad is news is that the AFC is bad!  Meaning that it will be plausible for one of the 2-4 AFC team to make a run at a wildcard spot.  

Take a team like The Browns.  They have looked awful, but given the talent on the team and a fairly weak second half schedule, they have a shot at getting back in the race.  

Same with the Jets - who looked to be a much better team with a healthy Darnold at the helm.  After next weeks game vs New England, they have the same schedule the Bills do and could end up stacking wins.  

Which team do you see as the most dangerous to go on a run and threaten the Bills for a playoff spot?

I added most of the AFC Teams outside of Miami and Cincinnati who are out of it.

I am also assuming that NE and KC are going to win the division.  Of course, it’s no guarantee but right now it looks to happen. 

Phil, you have Baltimore Ravens listed twice.

My feelings remain nearly unchanged: The wild card spots appear poised to come down to Buffalo, AFC South #2 (my guess is Indy wins the division so this is Houston), and Cleveland in my opinion. I had recently given the Chargers an outside chance at making a run...I think I might replace them with the Raiders at this point but ultimately I think it's the first three I mentioned fighting it out.

21 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Indy are likely to finish 2nd behind Houston.

And I still think the Chargers will finish 2nd behind KC.

AFC North looks like a cripple fight.

So yeah, Indy or LAC.

I still think that people might be sleeping on Cleveland.  They are just 2-4 and aside front the Bills and Nee England, they have a relatively easy schedule.  

Of course, they will need to overcome a really bad offensive line, but just like Allen, you have to think the turnovers for Mayfield will slow down at some point.  It will be really hard but they could push for 10-6 or 9-7 and be in contention for the division.

15 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

The Bills

This is true.  The Bills are in a really good position.  Perhaps they will be their own worst enemy

Yes, to those who said Buffalo  I feel Buffalo is their own biggest obstacle and not any other team, to make the playoffs, like if they do not learn from their mistakes. Play smart and aggressive  for 4 quarters, but no hero ball. No timidity aftergetting the lead, but no fooling around throwing the football up for grabs when you are twisting and turning, running backwards,  or laying on the ground, and when 2 others are nearby. Be smart and focus on progressions and finding the target most open, and moving the chains slowly if need be. Do not fall in love with your arm, but your brain. Do not look at schedules, scoreboards, standings and own press clippings. Then great things will happen.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

This is the proper answer. If we don't become "Billsy" we should cruise to the playoffs. Btw if I ever called into 1 Bill's live I'd always use that term just to irritate JM. ?

Actually, it’s not. One could say that about virtually any team and end the discussion. It’s a troll answer and this poster should not be encouraged on the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Actually, it’s not. One could say that about virtually any team and end the discussion. It’s a troll answer and this poster should not be encouraged on the board. 

The Bills control their own destiny in what appears to be the weakest that the AFC conference has ever been of recent memory.  Several posters have also said "Bills".  It's not a troll answer, it makes more sense than any of the teams listed.  Hell, why don't you go after the OP for including KC or NE?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

There actually are many fans who feel the same way.  I don’t think it will be easy but I think the Bills are in a great position.  Nothing is given though 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jobot said:

The Bills control their own destiny in what appears to be the weakest that the AFC conference has ever been of recent memory.  Several posters have also said "Bills".  It's not a troll answer, it makes more sense than any of the teams listed.  Hell, why don't you go after the OP for including KC or NE?

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

There actually are many fans who feel the same way.  I don’t think it will be easy but I think the Bills are in a great position.  Nothing is given though 

While I empathize with FANS who may feel some level of BBFS, that poster is a troll and not a fan ( I have it blocked fwiw, your mileage may vary) that only posts statements critical of the Bills, their players and their organization. As for actual fans of the team, they need to realize that as difficult as most of the seasons were from 2000 thru 2016 were, they are the past. Most everyone in a key position with the team has been replaced. Those seasons have zero impact on the current team, Head Coach, players, and FO. Some fans may be gun shy, and I get it, but let it go. Any team in the league is potentially it’s own worst enemy. It’s a circular argument intended to take a legitimate thread in a completely different direction. Believe what you will, but this Bills organization is doing a lot of things ( refreshingly ) right and some optimism is warranted because they’ve earned it. As an aside to Jobot- obviously NE and KC are favored to win divisions and will likely claim playoff spots.