NFL Playoff Picture

TSNBDSC

18 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Crazy how many good teams there are in the NFC.

In the AFC, it seems pretty clear... Swap the Raiders for the Colts and I think those are your playoff teams.

The weakness of the AFC HAS to have Bills management thinking about what they could make of this season... It won't be like this every year.

Why do we feel the AFC is going to make this giant jump in coming years? 

I see so much "this year is the year" due to how weak the Conference is. 

KC and Houston have good teams with young, talented QB's.  After that you have the Bills and Jets with some talent, young QB's with potential and cap space.  NE will eventually take a step back and/or Brady retires.  At that point we can finally stop going into the season conceding the Division. 

What teams scare everyone in the future?  Miami with Tua?  Pitt with an aging Big Ben or Mason Rudolph?  Indy with Brissett?  Oakland...?  LAC with an aging Rivers?  Baltimore with Lamar Jackson?  Cinci with Dalton?  Cleveland with Baker is a team to watch but he seems to be regressing from a promising rookie year..   Tennessee?  Jacksonville?  Denver? 

Who do we all think is going to be that much better in coming years that a team like us isn't better positioned than?

I’m not opposed to making a trade, but I also don’t want to mortgage the future doing something silly when we’re building something sustainable in a Conference that doesn’t have a ton of teams that look to be elite anytime soon and a division that will eventually open up. 

Edited by SCBills