2019 Playoffs. 1st round

26 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

KC win week 17 and we get Houston in the WC.

Houston loss week 17 and we get Houston in the WC.

KC loss and Houston win week 17 and we get KC in the WC.

I think these are the only scenarios that remain?

yup

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

Hou is definitely our best matchup. Their strength is passing, our defense is great at pass defense.

Josh struggles the most when under pressure, HOU has one of the lowest pressure rates in the league. Gotta feel pretty good if/when this is who we draw.

I think Vegas will make the line BUF +3. Not bad considering home teams get 3. 

Almost certainly Bills @ Houston at this point.  Would be a surprise if KC loses and Houston wins in W17, since KC is playing a "run for the bus" opponent in the Chargers while Houston faces a Titans squad who need a win to get in (or a Pittsburgh loss, but I would presume the Ravens will be resting everyone).

If the Bills were smart they would be preparing for their likely first round matchup against the Texans(with some lesser prep work for the Chiefs) and not waste time really doing much for the Jets game since its going to be backups and it honestly doesn't matter to their playoff seeding.

This would pretty much give us 2 weeks worth of preparation against an opponent and almost like having a first round bye, which could give us an advantage come that game.

Edited by matter2003

12 minutes ago, eball said:

Almost certainly Bills @ Houston at this point.  Would be a surprise if KC loses and Houston wins in W17, since KC is playing a "run for the bus" opponent in the Chargers while Houston faces a Titans squad who need a win to get in (or a Pittsburgh loss, but I would presume the Ravens will be resting everyone).

Houston plays at home against Tennessee next week.  

will Houston rest starters?

the Ravens play the Steelers.  
will Balt rest starters?

both resting teams will determine who backs into the last WC.  

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

If the Bills were smart they would be preparing for their likely first round matchup against the Texans(with some lesser prep work for the Chiefs) and not waste time really doing much for the Jets game since its going to be backups and it honestly doesn't matter to their playoff seeding.

This would pretty much give us 2 weeks worth of preparation against an opponent and almost like having a first round bye, which could give us an advantage come that game.

while true.  I think McDermott will want to play to go out with a win and not the first 2 game losing streak of the season. 

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Houston is probably doing the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

It would be great if we could get a clue as to which seeds will play what day for travel purposes. I’m driving ftom

Austin to Houston- no problem there, but I have several friends planning to fly in and they need to book that. It seems like the 5th seed is usually the Saturday game. That would be ideal 

Edited by SF Bills Fan

If I was Houston I'd want to play starters. I'd believe in myself to get to the AFCCG, and then KC coming out of the other playoff tree is definitely a possibility - and week 17 decides whether that game is in Houston or KC.

Edited by arcane

2 hours ago, Mr Info said:

This is what I have seen for Raiders to make playoffs & Browns game has no impact:

Raiders beat Broncos

Texans beat Titans

Ravens beat Steelers

Colts beat Jags

That's by no means improbable. If the Raiders make the playoffs I might just vomit in my mouth.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Houston away is a coin toss. The big matchup everyone is going to talk about is the Bills top flight defense vs. Watson and the Houston offense. But the real question will be can the Bills offense move the ball on Houston's defense? I like our odds. 

Me too.

They're like a load of half-digested baby foot peas.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Me too.

They're like a load of half-digested baby foot peas.

The Texans defense is subpar and their offense while really good I think could be stopped by the Bills quality defense. I would give the Bills a slight edge in the matchup but I downgrade it to a coin toss due to the fact that it will be an away game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

The Texans defense is subpar and their offense while really good I think could be stopped by the Bills quality defense. I would give the Bills a slight edge in the matchup but I downgrade it to a coin toss due to the fact that it will be an away game. 

The Bills have played better on the road this year however—going into Foxboro they were 6-1, IIRC.