2019 Playoffs. 1st round

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If we win tonght, we clinch a wild card.  With the Titans' loss, would a win tonight clinch the #5 seed (barring winning the AFCE, of course)?

I think so. That would mean the best the Steelers could do is tie us and we would have the head to head. 

24 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

With the TN loss, the Bills are in no matter what if Tenn loses 1 more right? 

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If we win tonght, we clinch a wild card.  With the Titans' loss, would a win tonight clinch the #5 seed (barring winning the AFCE, of course)?

it clinches a WC which at the time is a the 5 seed.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

With the TN loss, the Bills are in no matter what if Tenn loses 1 more right? 

both Tenn and Raiders must lose 1 more game 

it's a weird 3 way tiebreaker where Tenn wins otherwise. this is assuming we lose out. 

Edited by Tesla03

23 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Pretty sure we would clinch the #5 seed tonight just by winning.  I don't think any of the other games mattered.

If we win tonight we definitely clinch the 5th seed. No other team would have a chance at 10 wins except the Steelers and Titans, and we'd obviously have the head to head advantage over both of them. The 5th seed would likely have us playing the Texans in the wildcard round.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Buffalo is up to 96% 

and the NE Pats have not yet clinched the division 

Strangely, tonight's game is meaningless in regards to the AFCE title.  Win or lose tonight, BUF has to win their next two, and NE has to lose to MIA.  Even if we lose tonight, the Pats don't lock up the east.

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Strangely, tonight's game is meaningless in regards to the AFCE title.  Win or lose tonight, BUF has to win their next two, and NE has to lose to MIA.  Even if we lose tonight, the Pats don't lock up the east.

Not the case. For a division title after head to head record it comes down to record against common opponents. The pats have the better record against common opponents and so we HAVE to end up with a better record with them. 

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Not the case. For a division title after head to head record it comes down to record against common opponents. The pats have the better record against common opponents and so we HAVE to end up with a better record with them. 

No, it comes down to division record.  The week 17 games would give the Bills the tiebreaker.  Bills would be 5-1, Pats 4-2.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

Pretty sure with the Raiders and Browns losses all the Bills need to get I to the playoffs is the Saints winning tomorrow vs the Colts and next week vs the Titans. 

Ot, obviously, winning any of the next three 

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

Pretty sure with the Raiders and Browns losses all the Bills need to get I to the playoffs is the Saints winning tomorrow vs the Colts and next week vs the Titans. 

Thats right. We’re looking really good!!!

5 minutes ago, MDH said:

I've thoroughly enjoyed not looking at who needs to lose to who at all. It feels good to be 95% sure the Bills are getting in no matter what other teams do.