2019 Playoffs. 1st round

1 hour ago, Tesla03 said:

Steelers could very well win out and finish 11-5. their schedule is a joke. 

They have to play the Browns again who just beat them. Ravens. Plus us. Throw in Rudolph playing like a scrub and I can't see them finishing better than  4-2.

I've heard people say the Browns can win it. Certainly looks more doable then the Steelers winning out, but again they have to play the Ravens. And Browns literally have no room for error sitting on 6 losses already.

1 hour ago, Tesla03 said:

lol have you seen their schedule? 

Is Rudolph suddenly going to play well? Why are you so confident they will beat the Browns in two weeks? They could very easily lose to Arizona even.

I would be much more concerned about the Steelers had the Browns not handed them a 5th loss last week. 

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

It looks like where better of being the 6th seed

You, Sir, are Under Arrest!

8B6284BB-1283-46CA-A6DB-89CB233A9FD6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

They have to play the Browns again who just beat them. Ravens. Plus us. Throw in Rudolph playing like a scrub and I can't see them finishing better than  4-2.

I've heard people say the Browns can win it. Certainly looks more doable then the Steelers winning out, but again they have to play the Ravens. And Browns literally have no room for error sitting on 6 losses already.

Is Rudolph suddenly going to play well? Why are you so confident they will beat the Browns in two weeks? They could very easily lose to Arizona even.

I would be much more concerned about the Steelers had the Browns not handed them a 5th loss last week. 

Please don’t feed the Trolls. (That’s my job!?)

• Haha (+1) 1

I guess we are all Jets fans this week. I actually think at home they can beat the Raiders. Oakland wasn't that impressive yesterday and Darnold has been playing better lately granted against crap teams. I have no hope that Pitt loses to the Bengals this week but I can see a Jets upset. Oakland is listed as a 3 point favorite so Vegas thinks it will be a close game. For this week only J.E.T.S....JETS,JETS,JETS

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Id love to know how often 10-6 teams make it to the playoffs. I feel like every year we are told 9 wins won’t do it, and every year a 9 win team gets in the playoffs. 

I think 9 might do it as the AFC is having a down year. The NFC you better get 10 at least.

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

Actually Oakland and Pittsburgh have to play 4 of their six games ON THE ROAD. 

Oakland plays 4 of the remaining six on the Road:  at Jets (3-7), at Chiefs (6-4), vs. Titans (5-5), vs. Jaguars (4-6), at Chargers (4-6), at Broncos (3-7) With a lot of AFC West Divisional games which are not gimmies.  Other than the Jets game, I don't see any easy games. 

Pittsburgh does have an easier schedule, but have injuries all around them.  at Bengals (0-10), vs. Browns (4-6), at Cardinals (3-7-1), vs. Bills (7-3), at Jets (3-7), at Ravens (8-2)  

injuries  Pittsburgh will find it it difficult to beat the Browns and Ravens (Unless Ravens have the 1st round bye and Home Field wrapped up before that game).  

I think the TItans are going to be the team to watch.

The Titans are done

Week 11 NFL playoff picture: Patriots, Ravens running away with AFC

2019 NFL playoff picture: AFC, NFC standings, seeds and outlook through Week 11

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28103715/2019-nfl-playoff-picture-afc-nfc-standings-seeds-outlook-week-11

# 5 seed. Buffalo Bills (7-3)

The Bills' win in Miami didn't do anything to change the perception that they've feasted on bad teams. Their strength of victory (.214) is by far the lowest of any team among the top six seeds in either conference. But the Bills have only two games remaining against teams with losing records: Week 12 against the Broncos and Week 17 against the Jets. Wins in those two games, and perhaps one other, might be enough to get them into the postseason. FPI is pegging their chances at 63.4%.

Next up: vs. Denver

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Here is Football Outsiders playoff Odds.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Team W-L WEI DVOA Mean Wins #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 DIV BYE WC TOT CHANGE
NE 9-1 35.7% 13.6 70.0% 26.3% 2.8% 0.5% 0.5% 0.0% 99.5% 96.3% 0.5% 100.0% 0.1%
BUF 7-3 -8.6% 9.2 0.3% 0.2% 0.0% 0.0% 38.1% 21.0% 0.5% 0.5% 59.1% 59.6% 13.2%
NYJ 3-7 -9.8% 5.9 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.1% 0.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.4% 0.4% 0.1%
MIA 2-8 -39.0% 3.7 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% -0.0%

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is Football Outsiders playoff Odds.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds

Team W-L WEI DVOA Mean Wins #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 DIV BYE WC TOT CHANGE
NE 9-1 35.7% 13.6 70.0% 26.3% 2.8% 0.5% 0.5% 0.0% 99.5% 96.3% 0.5% 100.0% 0.1%
BUF 7-3 -8.6% 9.2 0.3% 0.2% 0.0% 0.0% 38.1% 21.0% 0.5% 0.5% 59.1% 59.6% 13.2%
NYJ 3-7 -9.8% 5.9 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.1% 0.3% 0.0% 0.0% 0.4% 0.4% 0.1%
MIA 2-8 -39.0% 3.7 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% 0.0% -0.0%

59?

I'll take the odds listed at 63.4%  and 68% please and thanks

AFCE week 12 rooting interest

Favorite

Underdog
@Buffalo vs Denver
@Houston vs Indianapolis
Pittsburgh vs @Cincinnati
@Cleveland vs Miami
Oakland vs @New York (NYJ)
@New England vs Dallas
Baltimore vs @Los Angeles (LAR)
@Tennessee vs Jacksonville

KC * plays "International" against the Chargers so both get a bye week. 

#1 Cheaters

#2 Cravens

#3 Colts - Wins tie break over Kansas City based on head-to-head win percentage

#4 Chiefs  *   -  Wins tie break over Oakland based on head-to-head win percentage.

#5 Bills

#6 Houston   -  Wins tie break over Oakland based on head-to-head win percentage.

#7  Raiders

#8 Stillers   -  Wins tie break over Tennessee based on best win percentage in conference games.

#9 Titans 

IF KC loses tonight... The Raiders take control of the West

• Thank you (+1) 2

Nothing changed after this Sunday.

Key games are still DAL, BAL, PIT. We lose two of those and we are potentially in trouble. Raiders are likely 11-5 or 10-6. PIT could wind up 11-5 or 10-6. CLE could be 10-6 and own win over Bills. IND could wind up 11-5 or 10-6. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Key games are still DAL, BAL, PIT. We lose two of those and we are potentially in trouble. Raiders are likely 11-5 or 10-6. PIT could wind up 11-5 or 10-6. CLE could be 10-6 and own win over Bills. IND could wind up 11-5 or 10-6. 

This!

Cleveland beating Pitt was helpful, but they are still the most meaningful game on our schedule going forward. Should note, ESPN still has us as favorites on Thanksgiving vs. Dallas and as favorites against Pitt in Pitt. 

EDIT: Just playing with the calculator, if CLE wins out, they do not need much to make the playoffs. Baltimore is easily their toughest. Did not realize. 

Edited by Mango

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Cleveland is not ending the year on a 8 game winning streak especially with no Garrett. I think the Raiders end 10-6 at best and Pit isn't finishing the year winning 10 of it's last 11 or even winning 9 of their last 11. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Cleveland is not ending the year on a 8 game winning streak especially with no Garrett. I think the Raiders end 10-6 at best and Pit isn't finishing the year winning 10 of it's last 11 or even winning 9 of their last 11. 

If the Bills don't go 3-3 the rest of the way I doubt they make it. Its going to be Colts or Houston in the one wild card and Raiders taking the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

CLE plays CIN x2, MIA, AZ. Those are 4 easy wins. The PIT game will be big. Then they play BAL late. They are between 10-6 and 8-8 pretty easily.

PIT plays CIN, NYJ, AZ. Those should be 3 easy ones. They play BAL week 17 so BAL could have nothing to play for. Key games will be CLE and Bills games. They are between 11-5 and 9-7 quite easily.

OAK plays NYJ, DEN and that gets them 8 very easily. They win 3 of these to get to 11 - JAC, TEN, LAC, KC.