2019 Playoffs. 1st round

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Houston Texans (7-4) over New England Patriots (10-1)
Sunday, December 1, 8:20 PM Eastern

Technically, you should root for the Patriots this week because the Texans are locked in an AFC South fight and could end up as the Wild Card in direct competition with Buffalo and because the Patriots have a tiebreaker stranglehold on the Bills, Buffalo’s chances of winning the AFC East are almost zero. If you are a normal WNY human, you should root for the Texans and the chance at a Bills’ division crown plus you don’t want New England to have home-field advantage in the playoffs. Our rooting interest post typically is only concerned with making the playoffs, but we have limits.

San Francisco 49ers over Baltimore Ravens (8-2)
Sunday, December 1, 1:00 PM Eastern

The best match-up of the week can go one of two ways. If you think the Patriots are going to keep winning and secure the AFC East, you should root for Baltimore to win here so they get home-field advantage over New England. If you think Buffalo has a shot of winning the AFC East, go with a Ravens loss so Buffalo can pass them for that same home-field advantage. For now, we are just worried about “making the playoffs”, which means we should root for the NFC team over the AFC team, but it’s not likely to make much of a difference for Buffalo.

Sorry, I blacked out in a fit of rage after you said I should technically root for the Pats.  Now I have to figure out how I ended up naked in the middle of this field 

**yes, I got your point.  I actually read the whole thing. Where’s my prize?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Sorry, I blacked out in a fit of rage after you said I should technically root for the Pats.  Now I have to figure out how I ended up naked in the middle of this field 

**yes, I got your point.  I actually read the whole thing. Where’s my prize?

technically the writer of that article is confused ? 

lol ? 

13 hours ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

At 13-3, if the Bills win the AFCE, they will have the #1 seed with a tie breaker over the Ravens.

that would be correct.  
13-3 would surely do that. 

I have to lean with Tenny over Indy these back and forth games just muddle the picture.  

teams have 2 trends.  Play spoiler or evaluate talent.   If both happens it’s a bonus. 

Pulling for the Steelers just because of the hype the Browns got all last post season 

let's pump the breaks folks 

patriots aren't dropping the division. we have never beat Brady in Foxboro, and even if they lose today the Chiefs aren't beating them next week 

we just need to focus on getting our 10th win and locking up the wildcard 

Edited by Tesla03
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tesla03 said:

patriots aren't dropping the division. we have never beat Brady in Foxboro, and even if they lose today the Chiefs aren't beating them next week 

That’s what the team needs to do. Fans don’t need to pump the brakes. Division might be a long shot , but fans can dream a little. 

6 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

"How dare you people dream big?"

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Jamie Nails said:

One more win and we're in. It's basically as easy as that. We need a little help with a win next week. Let's suppose we lose to Baltimore, a win against Pitts the following and we clinch. 

Just not sure the Bills are winning at PIT. I’d feel more confident if that was at home. Tough venue and a pretty good D. 

9 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

donʻt todays losses have an impact on us?

Of course. Mathematically maybe not huge but in reality it may not be the better outcome. 

10 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

donʻt todays losses have an impact on us?

Yes they do! :)

Bills are now 4 games away from clinching the playoffs next Sunday:

1. Chiefs beat Raiders today

2. Pats beat Texans tonight

3. Titans beat Raiders next Sunday

4. Bills beat Ravens next Sunday

Wait just a goshdurn minute here. This is all wrong. Cynthia Froeundlinedijrr says the Bills only have like a .00007% chance to make the playoffs. And her mathematical process is INFALLIBLE, people! She is a friggin' genius, obviously. 

I kid. Last time I saw one of her playoff prediction bullsh*t things she had the Chargers with like a 10% better chance of making the playoffs than the Bills. It's mind-boggling on an astronomical level why anyone would pay her for the drivel she comes up with. I probably feel that way about most of these yappidy-yapping toolbags. Dont bother to turn on the TV until 1 PM and sometimes can't even listen to the commentary. All of 'em have an agenda and part of that agenda likely states, "Do all you can to discredit the Bills. They're a small market team and really, who cares that they're 9-3? Dedicate tons of time to talking about how all their victories came over inferior opponents and don't forget to make endless excuses for why Dallas let the Bills win." I just want all of them to feast on a fat turd sammich. 

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

imagine the bills having 3 games left to play with a wildcard spot clinched..  id start game planning for the potential #3 and #4 seeds right then and there

1 hour ago, KayAdams said:

For clarity... the Bills are 1 to 2 wins away from the clinch and as noted can do so if they beat the Ravens. 

It begins if beat the Ravens then worry about the rest.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost