2019 Playoffs. 1st round

LETS GO RAMS!!!!!

The sad thing is IF the Ravens lose ...  They still own the AFCN and the Bills can't overtake them in the seeding. 

seems the tie breakers changes a bit since my last post 

ESPN standings https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

# 3 Houston Texans   Wins tie break over Kansas City based on head-to-head win percentage

#6    Pittsburgh    Wins tie break over Oakland based on best win percentage in conference games. Wins tie break over Indianapolis based on head-to-head sweep. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Tennessee (Indianapolis wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage)

#7    Oakland      Wins tie break over Indianapolis based on head-to-head win percentage. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Tennessee (Indianapolis wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage)

#8    Indianapolis    Wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

NYT   https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

Bills    8-3    Playoff Chances    81%

CBS https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

AFC
SEED TEAM DIVISION RECORD
1 East 10-1-0
2 North 8-2-0
3 South 7-4-0
4 West 7-4-0
5 East 8-3-0
6 North 6-5-0

AFC tiebreakers:

• Houston is ahead of Kansas City based on head to head (1-0).
  • Indianapolis is ahead of Tennessee in the AFC South based on head to head (1-0).
  • Pittsburgh and Oakland are ahead of Indianapolis based on head-to-head sweep (2-0).
  • Pittsburgh is ahead of Oakland based on conference record (5-3 to the Raiders' 4-3).
  • Jacksonville is ahead of the L.A. Chargers and the N.Y. Jets based on conference record (Jaguars' 4-5 to the Chargers' 2-6 and the Jets' 1-6).
  • The L.A. Chargers are ahead of the N.Y. Jets based on conference record (2-6 to the Jets' 1-6).

NFC tiebreakers:

• Green Bay is ahead of Minnesota in the NFC North based on head to head (1-0).
  • Chicago is ahead of Philadelphia and Carolina based on conference record (Bears' 4-4 to the Eagles' 3-5 and the Panthers' 2-6).
  • Philadelphia is ahead of Carolina based on conference record (Eagles' 3-5 to the Panthers' 2-6).
  • Detroit is ahead of Arizona based on conference record (2-5-1 to the Cardinals' 2-6-1).
  • The N.Y. Giants are ahead of Washington based on head to head (1-0).
Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

I think 9-7 makes it. But I think we’re on the outside looking in due to tie breakers if we can’t get to 10. We should be worried about the Browns. I don’t see the finishing worse than 7-9

15 hours ago, zow2 said:

Between games vs Pittsburgh, Arizona and BALTIMORE, the Browns could lose 2 of those  

Only see them losing to the ravens. But keep in mind, they dominated the ravens earlier this year. They also be Steelers who have a terrible QBs situation. Arizona has also found ways to lose all year. I think the browns beat the Steelers next week and hopefully we can get to 10 to fill out the last 2 slots 

50 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I think 9-7 makes it. But I think we’re on the outside looking in due to tie breakers if we can’t get to 10. We should be worried about the Browns. I don’t see the finishing worse than 7-9

Only see them losing to the ravens. But keep in mind, they dominated the ravens earlier this year. They also be Steelers who have a terrible QBs situation. Arizona has also found ways to lose all year. I think the browns beat the Steelers next week and hopefully we can get to 10 to fill out the last 2 slots 

Steelers ... Not a great team. They struggled against the Bengals. and IMO  Late season performances are different than early season performances. 

NYJETS ... Not a great team. The Sam HYPE is overrated IMO.  

Dallas...  Has weaknesses

NE*** ...  Has weaknesses. Tom is not much better than Josh for the season.  15 TD to 15 TD passing. 

Ravens ....  I want the Bills to crush them badly.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28149631/2019-nfl-playoff-picture-afc-nfc-standings-seeds-outlook-week-12

Kevin Seifert ESPN Staff Writer

We've reached clinching season in the NFL. If all goes well in the coming days for the Saints, they'll have secured the NFC South by this time next week and become the first division winner of the 2019 season. That's one of several upshots from an eventful Sunday in Week 12, including a pair of teams reaching 10 wins atop their respective conferences.

Let's take a closer look at the playoff picture as it stands now through Sunday night of Week 12, using ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) to inform our analysis.

5. Buffalo Bills (8-3)

The good news is that the Bills have some separation from the rest of the AFC wild-card field. They're likely going to need it as they embark on the most difficult stretch of their schedule. Only one of their eight wins has come against a team that currently has a winning record -- Week 5 against the Titans -- but four of their final five games will be against teams that are above .500 as of Sunday. That list includes three division leaders. Still, FPI is giving them an 82.3% chance to clinch a spot in the postseason, largely because they might need only one or two more wins the rest of the way.

29 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just seen on NFLN where the Colts just put Eric Ebron IR.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28160464/colts-put-eric-ebron-ir-ankle-injury

Ebron made the Pro Bowl in his first season with the Colts in 2018, catching 66 passes for 750 yards and 13 touchdowns. But his production dipped this season: He has only 31 receptions for 375 yards and three touchdowns.

Ebron, who will be a free agent at the end of the season, has 283 receptions for 3,195 yards and 27 touchdowns in a six-year career.

that could make it tougher for Indy 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Steelers ... Not a great team. They struggled against the Bengals. and IMO  Late season performances are different than early season performances. 

NYJETS ... Not a great team. The Sam HYPE is overrated IMO.  

Dallas...  Has weaknesses

NE*** ...  Has weaknesses. Tom is not much better than Josh for the season.  15 TD to 15 TD passing. 

Ravens ....  I want the Bills to crush them badly.

Steelers are struggling on offense with Rudolph being benched for their 3rd string QB Hodges...

Their defense is playing very well and is #4 right behind the Bills who are #3 in yards allowed per drive...however they are very good at turnovers(especially generating fumbles) per drive ranking #2 in the NFL.  If the Bills play turnover free football they should beat the Steelers and beat them comfortably.

8 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

LETS GO RAMS!!!!!

The sad thing is IF the Ravens lose ...  They still own the AFCN and the Bills can't overtake them in the seeding. 

seems the tie breakers changes a bit since my last post 

ESPN standings https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

# 3 Houston Texans   Wins tie break over Kansas City based on head-to-head win percentage

#6    Pittsburgh    Wins tie break over Oakland based on best win percentage in conference games. Wins tie break over Indianapolis based on head-to-head sweep. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Tennessee (Indianapolis wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage)

#7    Oakland      Wins tie break over Indianapolis based on head-to-head win percentage. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Tennessee (Indianapolis wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage)

#8    Indianapolis    Wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage.

I was actually thinking about it today and do we want Baltimore? If we beat them it will help our strength of victory and record. We can’t possibly catch them unless we think Cleveland passes them for the division title. I’m not sure that this game matters to us. Am I missing something?

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was actually thinking about it today and do we want Baltimore? If we beat them it will help our strength of victory and record. We can’t possibly catch them unless we think Cleveland passes them for the division title. I’m not sure that this game matters to us. Am I missing something?

not really, other than claiming the 2nd best record in the AFC.  

18 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Seth Walder ESPN Analytics 

After beating the Broncos today, the Bills now have an 82% chance to reach the playoffs per FPI (through 1 p.m. games).

Don't know why people pay attention to these things. That great/lucky Russell Wilson pass in the corner of the end zone a few weeks ago had a 3% chance to be caught. How so?

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

not really, other than claiming the 2nd best record in the AFC.  

My brother has a bunch of money riding on it so I’ll cheer for the Rams. I actually think it benefits the Bills though if Baltimore wins. It doesn’t help them a lot either way.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Don't know why people pay attention to these things. That great/lucky Russell Wilson pass in the corner of the end zone a few weeks ago had a 3% chance to be caught. How so?

I see nothing wrong with the 82% chance to make the playoffs.  

it ties into the NYT link. 

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My brother has a bunch of money riding on it so I’ll cheer for the Rams. I actually think it benefits the Bills though if Baltimore wins. It doesn’t help them a lot either way.

I hope it’s not $5k.    ?   ? 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I see nothing wrong with the 82% chance to make the playoffs.  

it ties into the NYT link. 

I hope it’s not $5k.    ?   ? 

He wins some handicapping pool and something else if they cover. I think it’s about $1500 to him or something like that. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

My god the Rams SUCK ... 

And NE could only score 13 points against them last Feb!!!!!!  3 by halftime!!!

11 hours ago, Rock'em Sock'em said:

We want Baltimore to lose in case Pittsburgh passes them.  It increases our odds by 1% according to NYT playoff machine.  Not significant at all.

That isn't happening.   

Week 13 match ups

AFC Rooting Interests - Red is a tossup I dunno who I want or the Bills need  .... some it just doesn't matter and or who I want to root for just because 

MATCH UP HOME TEAM NAT TV
Buffalo Dallas CBS
Cleveland Pittsburgh CBS
Tennessee Indianapolis CBS
Oakland Kansas City CBS
Los Angeles Chargers Denver CBS
New England Houston NBC
San Francisco Baltimore FOX
Philadelphia Miami FOX
Tampa Bay Jacksonville FOX
New York Jets Cincinnati CBS

Green Bay New York Giants FOX