2019 Playoffs. 1st round

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’m not certain what the reason is, but a 3 way tie at 10-6 with the Texans , Bills, and Titans including a Titans sweep of HOU knocks the Bills out in my scenarios on playoff machine( ESPN). It doesn’t give explanations that I know of, and I haven’t reviewed tiebreaking procedures to figure it out. Seems to be one of the few situations the Bills could miss out in. Edit: this is factoring in a Bills loss to PIT 

Tenn would win the division over Houston due to beating them twice.  Houston would get the wildcard against Buffalo because of a better conference record.

I think the Steelers and Raiders would both get the wildcard over us at 10-6 also, unless the bills 10th win is against the steelers.  

Bills have tiebreakers over Tenn & Indy.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I was just going to post that now Dalton is back in he can do us a favor again this year haha.

He already did...He has knocked out a resurgent NY Jets team who were dreaming of a post season after 3 straight *dominating* victories.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Adam727 said:

Tenn would win the division over Houston due to beating them twice.  Houston would get the wildcard against Buffalo because of a better conference record.

I think the Steelers and Raiders would both get the wildcard over us at 10-6 also, unless the bills 10th win is against the steelers.  

Bills have tiebreakers over Tenn & Indy.  

to be redundant.  
I think Houston is the better team.

They may split the matchups but take the division.  

Re Steelers- beat them flat out and Bobs your uncle 

There are a couple worst case scenario's where a 3 game slide has us needing a win and some help to make the playoffs in week 17. Would love to beat the Ravens this week to eliminate any such scenario. 

I have a pretty good feeling about the Pittsburgh game though. I think the switch to prime time actually helps both our offense and defense. Pittsburgh plays like five prime time games a year so I don't see them getting a motivation bump like our guys will. When the game was scheduled for the early 1pm kick off I saw potential for it to be like the Browns game. One we let slip away.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

There are a couple worst case scenario's where a 3 game slide has us needing a win and some help to make the playoffs in week 17. Would love to beat the Ravens this week to eliminate any such scenario. 

I have a pretty good feeling about the Pittsburgh game though. I think the switch to prime time actually helps both our offense and defense. Pittsburgh plays like five prime time games a year so I don't see them getting a motivation bump like our guys will. When the game was scheduled for the early 1pm kick off I saw potential for it to be like the Browns game. One we let slip away.

I think both teams will be motivated regardless of the time slot. The prime time thing will just mean a more raucous crowd and tougher sledding for the Bills if anything. It would be great to beat the Ravens, but I actually think the scenario you described needing the week 17 win is a fairly realistic one. They may or may not need help based on the outcomes of games in weeks 14-16. That mostly hinges on the Titans and Raiders. Steelers are well coached , play good defense and can win with a “ caretaker” at QB. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Crap.  I thought this was the other way around... 

The Chiefs are playing in New England.   I should have known better.  The Putz always get these types of match ups on their turf.  

yep.  Mahomes gonna have a lot of derrrrpppp moments.

On 12/3/2019 at 11:25 AM, RiotAct said:

yep.  Mahomes gonna have a lot of derrrrpppp moments.

eh Maybe.   

The Pats defense may be good.  I just don't buy that they are the best.  JMO

On 12/3/2019 at 11:34 AM, Jamie Nails said:

So, do we want the titans or raiders this weekend? I’m thinking, without running scenarios, we want the titans. We have the tie breaker and they have a tough last three games. 

Do you want separation or a close race? Pick your poison I guess

Shady's AFC guesses   (On games I don't deem important to have a real impact I'm just going with who I want to won for no particular reason) 

Thursday, December 5    
MATCHUP
HOME team NAT TV
Dallas Chicago FOX/NFL
Sunday, December 8    
MATCHUP

Baltimore Buffalo CBS
Kansas City New England CBS
Denver Houston CBS
Indianapolis Tampa Bay CBS
Los Angeles Chargers Jacksonville FOX
Tennessee Oakland CBS
Pittsburgh Arizona CBS
Miami New York JETS CBS
Cincinnati Cleveland CBS

Carolina Atlanta FOX
Washington Green Bay FOX
Detroit Minnesota FOX
San Francisco New Orleans FOX
Seattle Los Angeles Rams NBC

Monday, December 9    
New York Giants Philadelphia ESPN
Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Crap.  I thought this was the other way around... 

The Chiefs are playing in New England.   I should have known better.  The Putz always get these types of match ups on their turf.  

Not really. it's the same formula that sent them to Watson's house, where they pooped their pants two days ago. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/12/03/nfl-playoff-picture-heading-into-week-14/#3b12fd996b48

Buffalo Bills: As one of the most-surprising teams in the NFL, the 9-3 Bills can clinch a spot in the postseason with a win over the Ravens as well as losses by the Texans, Raiders and Colts.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

You call it a "formula"  I call it Pats**** favoritism 

You're joking right? The rotation is completely set for all teams indefinitely far into the future. You can figure out the Bills 2035 opponents and where each game is, except for 2 of them, and even then you'd know if those games are home/away

40 minutes ago, arcane said:

You're joking right? The rotation is completely set for all teams indefinitely far into the future. You can figure out the Bills 2035 opponents and where each game is, except for 2 of them, and even then you'd know if those games are home/away

yes, they rotate divisions and have a formula.

BUT each owner does get to appeal the schedule and have it altered 

Ralph Wilson did it often saying a night game was a burden to his teams fan base.  

the opponents are set.  Not where they play.

How many years did Buffalo face the Patriots after a BYE?

the formula is supposed to account for it yet 7 out of 10 times it happened.  

the formula is supposed to keep a team on a 3 game road trip yet it happens. 

nothing is perfect 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

yes, they rotate divisions and have a formula.

BUT each owner does get to appeal the schedule and have it altered 

Ralph Wilson did it often saying a night game was a burden to his teams fan base.  

the opponents are set.  Not where they play.

How many years did Buffalo face the Patriots after a BYE?

the formula is supposed to account for it yet 7 out of 10 times it happened.  

the formula is supposed to keep a team on a 3 game road trip yet it happens. 

nothing is perfect 

You were referring to the benefit of the Pats getting a home game against the Chiefs. But if that game had been on the road, the TEXANS game would have been at home, which could have been painted just as difficult. This isn't a schedule advantage. They have to face the 1 seed from the two AFC divisions we don't face, two presumably great teams, one at home, one on the road, every season. We do the same, but split them between 2nd, 3rd, or 4th ranked teams in their division. You weren't talking about bye weeks, and are ignoring the fact that there's no way NE would want to waste a bye week before a team they can historically beat in their sleep over one they could actually use preparation for.

15 minutes ago, arcane said:

You were referring to the benefit of the Pats getting a home game against the Chiefs. But if that game had been on the road, the TEXANS game would have been at home, which could have been painted just as difficult. This isn't a schedule advantage. They have to face the 1 seed from the two AFC divisions we don't face, two presumably great teams, one at home, one on the road, every season. We do the same, but split them between 2nd, 3rd, or 4th ranked teams in their division. You weren't talking about bye weeks, and are ignoring the fact that there's no way NE would want to waste a bye week before a team they can historically beat in their sleep over one they could actually use preparation for.

yea I did mention that. 

it just seems to me that the Pats end up with the more beneficial draw.  

coincidence?  Maybe or .... 

Start at 2:20 

Power Rankings - Wild card contenders to fear

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/power-rankings-wild-card-contenders-234230294.html

Tank Williams and Chris Simms rank the top NFL teams competing for Wild Card spots that could cause damage in the playoffs

I think Tank is a little high on the Titans