In The Hunt W L T DIV CONF
Steelers 4 4 0 1-1 4-2
Raiders 4 4 0 1-1 2-2
Jaguars 4 5 0 1-2 4-3
Titans 4 5 0 0-2 2-4
Chargers 4 5 0 0-1 2-4

ESPN page will be activated (post) week 10 /  week 11 games

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

All those teams "in the hunt" have some serious flaws.

Steelers - backup QB

Raiders- Zay Jones

Jags - Doug Marrone

Titans - Ryan Tannehill

Chargers - Not sure who shows up

The Bills stability is noteworthy. Nothing crazy, no drama. Just football

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Oh boy that Steelers Bills game has some serious potential to be a deciding factor as to how gets the wild card. 

We really need to have this 3 next games so we are in prime position to get it.

No reason the Steelers shouldn't lose this week against the Rams. Take care of business against the Stains this week and then ya got a full three game lead and tiebreaker.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Steelers - backup QB

Raiders- Zay Jones

Jags - Doug Marrone

Titans - Ryan Tannehill

That is very true.  

Even so the Steelers do not have a tough remaining schedule 3 of 8 will be against winning teams

REMAINING OPPONENTS: vs. Rams (5-3), at Browns (2-6), at Bengals (0-8), vs. Browns (2-6), at Cardinals (3-5-1), vs. Bills (6-2), at Jets (1-7), at Ravens (6-2)

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

32 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

No reason the Steelers shouldn't lose this week against the Rams. Take care of business against the Stains this week and then ya got a full three game lead and tiebreaker.

I sure hope so. But then again, the LAC had no reason to beat GB and it happened.

But you are right, Bills need to take care of their own business so we don´t have to worry about other teams records. 

Week 10 rooting interests  This by no means says they will win. 

@Cleveland vs Buffalo
Los Angeles (LAC) vs @Oakland
Baltimore vs @Cincinnati
@Tennessee vs Kansas City
@Indianapolis vs Miami
New York (NYG) vs @New York (NYJ)
Los Angeles (LAR) vs @Pittsburgh

I just do not know who to choose between the Chargers and Raiders.  

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Week 10 rooting interests  This by no means says they will win. 

@Cleveland vs Buffalo
Los Angeles (LAC) vs @Oakland
Baltimore vs @Cincinnati
@Tennessee vs Kansas City
@Indianapolis vs Miami
New York (NYG) vs @New York (NYJ)
Los Angeles (LAR) vs @Pittsburgh

I just do not know who to choose between the Chargers and Raiders.  

I disagree with rooting for Tennessee.  Kansas City is going to win that division and that doesn't impact the Bills.  Give the Titans another loss and keep knocking them down that "In The Hunt" column. As for Chargers/Raiders.  Rooting for the Chargers is probably the play right now because LA has 4 conference losses and Oakland only has 2.  However, I think the Chargers are the better football team so I could support burying them and getting them all the way out of contention.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If anyone cares about the NFC 

@Chicago vs Detroit
@Dallas vs Minnesota
@Green Bay vs Carolina
@New Orleans vs Atlanta
@San Francisco vs Seattle
@Tampa Bay vs Arizona

Philly v. Dallas is shaping up to be good down the stretch with it looking like the loser of that misses out.  Packers v. Vikings is also looking good.  The NFC Deathmatch division is going to leave out a very good team potentially and watching the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams duke it out will be good entertainment and the Cardinals are a scary matchup for a lot of teams.  The NFC South is the Saints to lose.

The WC situation in the NFC is a beast.

Wild Card    W    L    T    DIV    CONF
Seahawks    7    2    0    2-0    4-1
Vikings    6    3    0    1-2    5-2
In The Hunt    W    L    T    DIV    CONF
Rams    5    3    0    0-2    3-3
Panthers    5    3    0    1-1    2-3
Eagles    5    4    0    1-1    3-4
Lions    3    4    1    0-2    2-2-1
Cardinals    3    5    1    0-2    2-4-1
Bears    3    5    0    1-1    2-3

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I disagree with rooting for Tennessee.  Kansas City is going to win that division and that doesn't impact the Bills.  Give the Titans another loss and keep knocking them down that "In The Hunt" column. As for Chargers/Raiders.  Rooting for the Chargers is probably the play right now because LA has 4 conference losses and Oakland only has 2.  However, I think the Chargers are the better football team so I could support burying them and getting them all the way out of contention.

100% we are rooting for the Chargers. The conference loss difference with the Raiders is part of the reason, but the difference in schedule difficulty is the other. The Chargers still need to play the Chiefs twice and also the Vikings. I understand the concern for a second-half resurgence, but the Chargers are probably way too inconsistent to finish 5-1 or 6-0.

Yes, we are also rooting for the Chiefs over the Titans.

You have to assume that the Pats, Chiefs, Ravens, and Texans are making the playoffs. That leaves the Bills, Steelers, Colts, Raiders, Chargers, Titans, and Jags as the realistic competitors for those final 2 playoff spots. If the Raiders and Steelers lose Sunday and the Bills win, then the Bills will have a 3 game playoff cushion with 7 games left.

Edited by KayAdams

53 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Yeah, I was torn on which to choose on them as well as the Raiders.  I was soured on A Lynn by his parting shots and attitude. 

My rationalization is the Div / Conf records.   

Titans 4 5 0 0-2 2-4

48 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Philly v. Dallas is shaping up to be good down the stretch with it looking like the loser of that misses out.  Packers v. Vikings is also looking good.  The NFC Deathmatch division is going to leave out a very good team potentially and watching the 49ers, Seahawks and Rams duke it out will be good entertainment and the Cardinals are a scary matchup for a lot of teams.  The NFC South is the Saints to lose.

I am very interested in this game.      @Green Bay    vs    Carolina

Who is for real and who is the pretender?   

The same goes for these two matchups.  Which teams are the pretender?  

@Dallas    vs    Minnesota
@San Francisco    vs    Seattle

Seattle isn't what they used to be and I'm waiting for the 49ers to play real competition. 

Sure they 9ers crushed the Panthers.  But was it a fluke? 

@Tampa Bay (2-6), @Cincinnati (0-8), Steelers (4-4), Browns (2-6, @Rams  (5-3)(what a drop off), @Redskins (1-8), @Cards  (3-5) and a narrow victory .

39 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

100% we are rooting for the Chargers. The conference loss difference with the Raiders is part of the reason, but the difference in schedule difficulty is the other. The Chargers still need to play the Chiefs twice and also the Vikings. I understand the concern for a second-half resurgence, but the Chargers are probably way too inconsistent to finish 5-1 or 6-0.

Yes, we are also rooting for the Chiefs over the Titans.

You have to assume that the Pats, Chiefs, Ravens, and Texans are making the playoffs. That leaves the Bills, Steelers, Colts, Raiders, Chargers, Titans, and Jags as the realistic competitors for those final 2 playoff spots. If the Raiders and Steelers lose Sunday and the Bills win, then the Bills will have a 3 game playoff cushion with 7 games left.

One week at a  time. 

I want to assume that the Pats crumble and lose another 2 or 3 games.  We would all love that 

I just read this 

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2019/REG16

In week 16, three of five possible match ups currently listed as TBD will be scheduled for Saturday on NFL Network: Houston at Tampa Bay, Buffalo at New England, Detroit at Denver, Oakland at LA Chargers, and San Francisco at LA Rams. Start times and Saturday games for week 16 will be announced no later than following week 10, with the non-Saturday games to be played on Sunday.

Nice Job CBS 

As of today   https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

AFC tiebreakers:

• Houston is ahead of Kansas City based on head to head (1-0).
  • Pittsburgh is ahead of Oakland based on conference record (4-2 to the Raiders' 2-2).
  • Jacksonville is ahead of Tennessee in the AFC South based on head to head (1-0).
  • Jacksonville is ahead of the L.A. Chargers based on conference record (4-3 to the Chargers' 2-4).
  • Tennessee is ahead of the L.A. Chargers based on head to head (1-0).
  • Miami is ahead of the N.Y. Jets in the AFC East based on head to head (1-0).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

SEED TEAM DIVISION RECORD
1  New England  East 8-1
2  Baltimore  North 7-2
3  Houston  South 6-3
4  Kansas City  West 6-4
5  Buffalo  East 6-3
6  Pittsburgh  North 5-4

AFC tiebreakers:

• Pittsburgh and Oakland are ahead of Indianapolis based on head-to-head sweep (2-0).
  • Pittsburgh is ahead of Oakland based on conference record (4-2 to the Raiders' 3-2).
  • Denver is ahead of Cleveland based on head to head (1-0).
  • Miami is ahead of the N.Y. Jets based on head to head (1-0).

NFC tiebreakers:

• Green Bay is ahead of New Orleans based on conference record (4-1 to the Saints' 5-2).
  • Dallas is ahead of Philadelphia in the NFC East based on head to head (1-0).
  • The L.A. Rams are ahead of Philadelphia and Carolina based on conference record (Rams' 3-3 to the Eagles' 3-4 and the Panthers' 2-4).
  • Philadelphia is ahead of Carolina based on conference record (Eagles' 3-4 to the Panthers' 2-4).

Stop the DOOM and GLOOM the Bills still have the #5 seed.  

The LOSS to the Browns was not devastating. 

The Chiefs LOST to Ryan Tannehill 

the  (then) 1-7 Falcons TROMPED on the 7-1 Saints

Steelers beat the Rams . not that impressive as the Rams are not what they used to be.  What happened to the Wonder Kid Head Coach? 

The ESPN playoff machine s/b up tomorrow (after tonight's last game of week 10) 

The remaining schedule for the teams in the hunt 

Buffalo 6-3
WEEK 11 @MIAMI
WEEK 12 DENVER
WEEK 13 @DALLAS
WEEK 14 BALTIMORE
WEEK 15 @PITTSBURGH
WEEK 16 NE Patriots
WEEK 17 N.Y. JETS
Steelers 5-4
WEEK 11 @CLEVELAND
WEEK 12 @CINCINNATI
WEEK 13 CLEVELAND
WEEK 14 @ARIZONA
WEEK 15 BUFFALO
WEEK 16 @N.Y. JETS
WEEK 17 @BALTIMORE
Oakland 5-4
WEEK 11 CINCINNATI
WEEK 12 @N.Y. JETS
WEEK 13 @KANSAS CITY
WEEK 14 TENNESSEE
WEEK 15 JACKSONVILLE
WEEK 16 @CHARGERS
WEEK 17 @DENVER
Colts 5-4
WEEK 11 JACKSONVILLE
WEEK 12 @HOUSTON
WEEK 13 TENNESSEE
WEEK 14 @TAMPA BAY
WEEK 15 @NEW ORLEANS
WEEK 16 CAROLINA
WEEK 17 @JACKSONVILLE
Titans 5-5
WEEK 11 BYE
WEEK 12 JACKSONVILLE
WEEK 13 @INDIANAPOLIS
WEEK 14 @OAKLAND
WEEK 15 HOUSTON
WEEK 16 NEW ORLEANS
WEEK 17 @HOUSTON
Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

On 11/5/2019 at 6:17 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

Steelers - backup QB

Raiders- Zay Jones

Jags - Doug Marrone

Titans - Ryan Tannehill

Rudolph is playing better than Allen

Jones might be benched

Marrone is a better coach than McDermott

Tannehill sucks

Rivers is done