2019 Playoffs. 1st round

7 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

The NFL playoff format needs to change, the NFL should adopt the NBA you are seeded based on your record. 

I’ll go for that as long as it benefits the Bills ?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

The NFL playoff format needs to change, the NFL should adopt the NBA you are seeded based on your record. 

I have a off the wall idea 

Conference winners should get a playoff spot.  BUT 

They are seeded by record as a WC and not guaranteed a home game.

The only snag what happens if 3 teams have a better record than a div winner.   the lowest of the W/L record still loses out 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/10/24/20930694/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-8-2019

AFC Playoff picture: Buffalo Bills rooting interests, Week 8 2019

As we enter Week 8, here are the rooting interests for the Bills around the league. Some are more important than others, and they are indexed near the top of our list and descend to the less important contests.

35 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2019/10/25/shaquille-oneal-sister-ayesha-harrison-jex-dies-tnt-tribute/2453294001/

AFC Playoff picture: Buffalo Bills rooting interests, Week 8 2019

As we enter Week 8, here are the rooting interests for the Bills around the league. Some are more important than others, and they are indexed near the top of our list and descend to the less important contests.

Shaq's sister dies at 40?

Methinks that link isn't what you thought it was

• Haha (+1) 2

At 5-1, I'm not terribly worried.  Take care of business and we'll be fine.  Beat Philly and Buffalo needs to have four more wins in the last 9 games to have a very good chance at a wild car berth. Five wins in the last 9 games and a wild card berth is almost guaranteed.  Frankly, this year, even a 9-7 record leaves Buffalo in good shape.  I'm looking for bigger fish to fry, however.  I'm hoping New England falters a bit in the second half and Buffalo comes to life on offense.  We've got one more crack at New England, in New England.  I'm not writing that game off as a loss just yet.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Rooting interests this week:

Broncos over Colts

Bucs over Titans

Jets over Jags

Bears over Chargers

Browns over Pats*

Raiders over Texans

Packers over Chiefs 

Steelers over Dolphins (screw the fish) 

and most importantly...

Bills over Eagles!!!

If ya really wanna screw the fish in the big picture, then you'd want them to win. Derail the tank.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TigerJ said:

At 5-1, I'm not terribly worried.  Take care of business and we'll be fine.  Beat Philly and Buffalo needs to have four more wins in the last 9 games to have a very good chance at a wild car berth. Five wins in the last 9 games and a wild card berth is almost guaranteed.  Frankly, this year, even a 9-7 record leaves Buffalo in good shape.  I'm looking for bigger fish to fry, however.  I'm hoping New England falters a bit in the second half and Buffalo comes to life on offense.  We've got one more crack at New England, in New England.  I'm not writing that game off as a loss just yet.

I agree with catching and surpassing NE. A couple things need to be seen. Can the Bills maintain their current status as a team that finds a way to win? Will the weather and long season impact Brady this year like it appeared to last year? Will the fact that NE has not been able to generate the same running attack this year come into play later in the season? 

People want to crown NE division champ because of their history. I see a team that’s one loss away from it spiraling. I hope that’s not something I say about Buffalo in January. 

Doom and Gloomers

Your beloved Buffalo Bills are still in control of the 5th seed aka #1 WC spot. 

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

The Colts very narrow victory yesterday propelled them into the #2 seed and the KC loss dropped them to the 4th seed.  

The Texans with a win dropped to the 6th seed. 

(I guess losing to an NFC team DID help the Bills :) :)  :D:D:D)

ESPN Way too early playoff picture   https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27943032/way-too-early-2019-nfl-playoff-picture-afc-nfc-standings-week-8

5. Buffalo Bills (5-2)

The Bills have played the way many thought they would this season, powered by a strong defense. They have mostly survived with a below-average offense, though. So when their defense encountered a bad matchup, as it did Sunday in a 31-13 loss to the Eagles, they couldn't count on their offense to make up the difference. The Bills are averaging 18.1 offensive points per game, No. 24 in the NFL. Tellingly, they're the only team with a winning record ranked in the bottom half of offensive scoring. Can that formula hold up in a wild-card race?