2019 Playoffs. 1st round

52 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think the Bills will and a few other teams too.

unless wink wink the SHIELD -and All on have an agreement that he must retire immediately after he plays in the SB. 

BUFFALO just needs to position themselves to not play the Putz in the 2nd playoff game.  

Let somebody else get first crack.  

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Until we beat NE we'll be the 5 seed all year...

Yeah, I’d be all about the division had we beaten the Pats. That’s why no one is counting on taking the division. The Pats could have an epic collapse and we take the division. Otherwise, we’re on the outside looking in. We failed our first chance to prove being a series division contender. 

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

But we are ruining our draft position winning these meaningless games!

The Buffalo sports battle cry of the 21st century. Looking forward to those days being over (for the Bills AND Sabres...and Bandits :) ).

Pay particular attention to what's going on with the Raiders and the Chiefs in the West. They both have difficult schedules over the next 3 weeks and may collapse. If at least one does, there's a not entirely unlikely chance that the Bills finish their home stand at 7-1 and with a FOUR game lead over the next closest wild card competitor.

I know, I know..."one game at a time, Kay!" ***** you. Let me have my moment of joy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Who needs to win to help the Bills ??    (winners in bold)

Miami               @Buffalo

New England   @New York (NYJ)

Baltimore         @Seattle

Kansas City     @Denver

Oakland           @Green Bay

here is where I waver ....

Houston           @Indianapolis          Since the Colts are in the hunt for a WC  I have to go with the Texans 

to be all inclusive  --  Three 2-4's and an 0-6 

LA Chargers    @Tennessee         I think the Chargers have the better shot at a win but ....  

Jacksonville    @Cincinnati          I think Cincy may finally get a win this week.

https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/26909/kelce-on-mahomes-his-knee-didnt-even-look-like-a-knee

Kelce on Mahomes: 'His knee didn't even look like a knee'

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2858637-patrick-mahomes-injury-could-redefine-the-2019-nfl-season.amp.html

The 3-2 Oakland Raiders and the Patriots will await the Chiefs after their week off. 

The Raiders may be the biggest beneficiary of Mahomes' unfortunate luck. A win against the Packers on Sunday would have Jon Gruden and Co. nipping at the Chiefs' heels. Imagine that after all of the dysfunction the organization endured this preseason. Once the Raiders get past the Packers, Houston Texans and Detroit Lions, a relatively easy run begins with the Chargers, Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets and Chiefs, if Mahomes hasn't returned. 

The Chargers have far more to overcome after a disappointing 2-4 start. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Will Tannehill as starter be enough to keep the Chargers on the down slide?

Depends which version of Ryan appears? The one that Mel Kiper grew swarmy of pre-draft, or the sad sack that guru Gase ran into the ground? He needs to quick take lessons from Fitzy about how to bottle magic up for 3 or so straight games at the cost of later implosions. ;)

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 2

On 10/18/2019 at 9:31 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Depends which version of Ryan appears? The one that Mel Kiper grew swarmy of pre-draft, or the sad sack that guru Gase ran into the ground? He needs to quick take lessons from Fitzy about how to bottle magic up for 3 or so straight games at the cost of later implosions. ;)

So true.  Fitz is the X factor.  

USA TODAY says crown NE***

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4015517002

► Buffalo Bills, a tough team off to a 4-1 start who gave the Patriots a dogfight in Week 4 ... and a group that doesn't have much firepower on offense and a young quarterback prone to boneheaded decisions who would have virtually no shot at decoding New England in the playoffs.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/14/2019 at 12:07 PM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Where in the hell did the beat NFC teams shtick come from anyways?

Someone was convinced that beating NFC team's hurt Theo playoff chances because it hurt in the conference record tiebreaker.  It's a classic.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Someone was convinced that beating NFC team's hurt Theo playoff chances because it hurt in the conference record tiebreaker.  It's a classic.

it’s silly but whatever floats their boat.  ?

The in conference games actually count for tie breaking way before afc vs nfc 

So I believe 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/10/20/20924087/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-remain-second-in-conference-first-in-wild-card

AFC Playoff Standings

1. New England Patriots (6-0)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (5-2, head-to-head win over BAL)
3. Baltimore Ravens (5-2, head-to-head loss to KC)
4. Indianapolis Colts (4-2)
5. Buffalo Bills (5-1)
6. Houston Texans (4-3) 
———————————
7. Oakland Raiders (3-3)
8. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4, head-to-head win over TEN)
9. Tennessee Titans (3-4, head-to-head loss to JAX)