2019 Playoffs. 1st round

On 10/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, mikemac2001 said:

Root for NFC over AFC and let the rest of the AFC teams beat each other up. 

we should be able to get to 10+ wins which would get us in

The only thing I would add is root for the AFC team with the worst record of the two playing each other.

Go Bills !!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure about that. Dolphins and Eagles exposed their defense a bit and their offense is still below average(has been since McDermott took over).... Bills could easily lose any of these games, they could also win them all. 3-1 and they are sitting pretty solid. 2-2 is meh considering the schedule the rest of the way and 1-3 or 0-4 and they are *****.

What do the Dolphins Expose when they beat the Patriots time and again down in Miami?

Nothing 

I'm wondering if the Bills opened their traps and couldn't back up their words.     I'll revisit this in a few weeks, but right now  I give them a Mulligan 

Rooting interests

5-2 @Buffalo vs   1-7 Washington
5-3 Houston vs   4-4 @Jacksonville
5-3 @Kansas City vs   6-2 Minnesota
1-6 New York (NYJ) vs   0-7 @Miami
3-4 @Pittsburgh vs   5-2 Indianapolis
4-3 @Carolina vs   4-4 Tennessee
3-4 @Oakland vs   3-3-1 Detroit
2-5 Cleveland vs   2-6 @Denver
7-1 Green Bay vs   3-5 @Los Angeles (LAC)
8-0 New England vs   5-2

@Baltimore

Houston at Jax is tough - a Jax win just jumbles up the AFCS more

Jets at  Miami  -  do we care?? 

I hate rooting for NE****

(hopefully I did not make any mistakes)

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

What do the Dolphins Expose when they beat the Patriots time and again down in Miami?

Nothing 

I'm wondering if the Bills opened their traps and couldn't back up their words.     I'll revisit this in a few weeks, but right now  I give them a Mulligan 

To the bolded:  It sure seemed like they started to believe some of the press with Hyde's we are the 85 Bears talk.  

My BBFS is in full swing.  The offense hasn't looked good really all year save for maybe the Giants game and the defense just got beat down on their home field.  I know Allen has good 4th quarter stats but he really needs to take care of the ball.  The Bills are missing a game breaker on offense.  They have nobody who can take over the game and wreck an opponents game plan.  At the start of the year I was of the belief that they still have one more year of building and I am circling back around to that thinking.  Still waiting for that game where the offense doesn't need the defense to bail them out.  Hopefully we see it this weekend!

Hope I don't derail the thread because I enjoy looking at what needs to happen but for the first time in forever the Bills just need to win.  They don't need help from other teams they just need to handle their own business.  Here's hoping! :beer:

4 hours ago, section122 said:

To the bolded:  It sure seemed like they started to believe some of the press with Hyde's we are the 85 Bears talk.  

My BBFS is in full swing.  The offense hasn't looked good really all year save for maybe the Giants game and the defense just got beat down on their home field.  I know Allen has good 4th quarter stats but he really needs to take care of the ball.  The Bills are missing a game breaker on offense.  They have nobody who can take over the game and wreck an opponents game plan.  At the start of the year I was of the belief that they still have one more year of building and I am circling back around to that thinking.  Still waiting for that game where the offense doesn't need the defense to bail them out.  Hopefully we see it this weekend!

Hope I don't derail the thread because I enjoy looking at what needs to happen but for the first time in forever the Bills just need to win.  They don't need help from other teams they just need to handle their own business.  Here's hoping! :beer:

did he actually say 85 bears?

or just talk about respect?

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Still holding a two game lead on a playoff position, and sit one game ahead of the colts (6th seed).

Regarding the teams in the hunt: 

Steelers: (4-4)...if we beat them as we should, it will add to the head to head battle plus bettering out record. They have an easy schedule in the next couple weeks, playing the Browns twice, the Bengals and the fish. 

Chargers (4-5) and Raiders (4-4): These teams play next Thursday...hoping they beat the crap out of each other. In fact, they play each other twice still this year. Hopefully they split these head to head games, which will leave very little room for err the rest of the way.

Jags (4-5) and Titans (4-5): I’m not concerned about either of these teams making a real push. We had the head to head vs the titans and the Jaguars have a tough few games ahead of them (Colts, Titans, Chargers, Raiders). Again, let these teams beat the crap out of each other. 

Broncos (3-6) and Browns (2-6): With both these teams left on our scheduled, beating them as we should will effectively eliminate them from contention (at least as far as we’re concerned) 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 2

Here we go Ladies, Gents and ehem (trolls) others

Since MNF is Cowboys Giants  zzzzzz   ...   Oh sorry ... the match up put me to sleep already  ..the game has zero impact on the race.  

The 6-2 Buffalo Bills hold the 5th seed slash #1 WC spot (again / still / as expected) 

week to week the chasing teams vary 

4-4 Steelers have crept back into the hunt with the 7th seed,

4-4 Raiders have crept back into the hunt with the 8th seed,

Wait ... Not everyone climbed.  The Browns are still the 13th seed 

Playoff Predictor ...  Make your picks from week 10 out to see what can happen.    If you have some time to kill.

https://playoffpredictors.com/Football/NFL?L=EwRmoywBlv4dMIVlK55NeQZlVuEUciIuRYmmhAWZVTes1g4+hoUWwjhv9EgkUhGD3EUgA

The ESPN predictor won't be active for another week or two

51 minutes ago, BBills88 said:

I still think the playoff structure sucks. 

It is what it is.    I don't see it changing much it at all. 

Do you expect the NFL to not reward a div winner a playoff spot if 2 other teams have a better record? 

I'm all for the team with the better record has a home game 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

2 hours ago, BBills88 said:

I still think the playoff structure sucks. 

Agreed - i think 7 would be the ideal amount of teams.  Add a wild card team, and home field advantage is the only team that gets a bye week.

Adds 2 extra playoff games wildcard weekend too.  Can do either 3 games sat and sun, or 2 sat, 3 sun and 1 monday.  

Edited by dneveu

51 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Agreed - i think 7 would be the ideal amount of teams.  Add a wild card team, and home field advantage is the only team that gets a bye week.

Adds 2 extra playoff games wildcard weekend too.  Can do either 3 games sat and sun, or 2 sat, 3 sun and 1 monday.  

the top 2 will still get a bye.  

Adding WCs 3 and 4 may make things interesting though 

NFL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS - AFC

Division Leaders W L T DIV CONF
Patriots 8 1 0 4-0 6-1
Ravens 6 2 0 2-1 4-2
Texans 6 3 0 2-1 5-1
Chiefs 6 3 0 2-0 4-2

Wild Card W L T DIV CONF
Bills 6 2 0 2-1 4-1
Colts 5 3 0 2-0 4-3