2019 Playoffs. 1st round

1 hour ago, Mr Wild said:

So I have been trying to figure out how to get us a home game....

On ESPN, if us and Pats are tied record.... I can not get us to move above them. This is based on 

2nd Seed - New England
AFC East Champ (Wins tie break over Buffalo based on best win percentage in common games.)

Does anyone know how we get a home game?

I could spin half a dozen scenarios so I’ll keep it simple. 1 and 2 bye , 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5 

Assuming the Putz take the crown

To get a home playoff game a top seed would have to lose to a lower seed.  (One obviously lower than Buffalo). 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

STOP IT! Dammit! 

We’re the Bills. We’re not worthy! (I just gotta keep saying it!) Cuz HOLY CRAP! We’re Good!!

STOP IT! Dammit!

Most Bills fans can’t stop.   
it’s in our DNA 

17 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know why, but Seattle just feels like the team to me in the NFC. I don't trust Jimmy G., the Packers are weak in a lot of areas and Rodgers is great, but it's worth wondering if he can put them on his back and make it happen. The Saints, strangely enough considering I have thought they were SB bound for the past two years, just don't feel right to me. The darkhorse, I think, is the Vikings. Their run game could be a real asset in the playoffs- more so in the AFC where there will be outside games in January, but still. 

I am with you. At the moment if I had to predict and NFCCG with a gun at my head I am going Minnesota @ Seattle. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

as noted IF the Bills win against the Ravens then it IS a lock.  

If there really are 17 flu ridden Pats then Houston has a chance to upset NE*** 

KC at home has a chance to upset NE*** 

that means the AFCE crown is up for grabs week 16 and close out a win against the JETS 

Only if a load of other results go for us. What I am more interested in is even if we lost to Baltimore then in what scenarios does a win at Pittsburgh in week 15 clinch? Cos those are the scenarios I want to root for. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Has to be Steelers. That all but eliminates the Browns from finishing ahead of us and means if we beat the Steelers the following week then they are out too. 

thought so. For some reason the Browns still worry me b/c they beat us and could very well finish 10-6. 

but if we win in Pittsburg it doesn't matter. 10 wins will get us in regardless. 

Edited by Tesla03

On 10/14/2019 at 10:07 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Where in the hell did the beat NFC teams shtick come from anyways?

I think it was a year or few ago, someone posted that losing the NFC games was advantageous or something like that, thus the running joke... IMO it was funny maybe the first 500 times.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:09 AM, Real McCoy said:

To many focused on a WC. The Pat's schedule is just about to get tougher. I'm still thinking division at 13-3

This is where my head is. We are still very much in the hunt for Division Champ. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Cynthia Freuland’s model has the Bills playoff chances up to 18% with that win in Dallas

up to?  Or up 18%?  As in was 70% now 88%?

or just making fun of CF and her joke projections?

ha

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Only if a load of other results go for us. What I am more interested in is even if we lost to Baltimore then in what scenarios does a win at Pittsburgh in week 15 clinch? Cos those are the scenarios I want to root for. 

If we lose to Baltimore I think a win vs PITTSBURGH clinches a playoff spot under the following scenarios this week.  This scenario assumes we lose the rest of the games as a worst case resulting in us having a 10-6 record and 7-5 in conference.

there are 5 teams that can catch us,but two have to have a better record and tiebreakers.

the teams are 

Pittsburgh

cleveland

oakland

tennesee

indianapolis

Pittsburgh beats Cleveland.  This Eliminates Cleveland with 7 losses.

Tennessee beats Indianapolis.  This give so indy 6 losses and 6 losses in conference and we beat them on that tiebreaker.  Eliminated. But Tennessee still has 5 losses.

Oakland loses.  This gives them 6 losses. Not eliminated yet.

No now it gets trickier.

oakland and Tennessee play each other the week we play Pittsburgh.

if Oakland wins, the. Tennessee has has 6 losses and we would win with head to head over Tennessee and pisstburgh.we still could end up 6th seed,  but we are in.

If Tennessee wins, Oakland has 7 losses and they can’t catch us.

i think the only way it could be delayed is if either Tennessee/Indy tie of Tennessee/Oakland tie.

I also didn’t check to see if Houston or kc collapse and another team takes the division.  So I would say root for Houston and kc,  but there may be scenarios where things can get complicated.

So I think rooting for is the way to go.

pittsburgh over Cleveland

tennessee over Indy

KC over Oakland.

houston over new england*

Edited by bmacdona
  • Like (+1) 2

On 10/14/2019 at 8:47 AM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I know it is early. (maybe too early) but ...   The Buffalo Bills hold at minimum, a 1 game lead for the WC. 

NFL

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

ESPN page will be activated (post) week 10 also known as week 11 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

ESPN standings 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

Adding in the NYT 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

Added CBS 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Can you update the main page with current week rooting interests.  I'm too lazy to hunt through this.  I've seen where we should be rooting for Cleveland to beat Pittsburg, but I would think it should be the other way around as we can still play and beat Pitt.  However, if Cleveland loses just one more game, they are pretty much done so...

The AFC South is the tough one for me.  Do we want one team to just run away with it or them to keep beating each other up? 

21 minutes ago, bmacdona said:

If we lose to Baltimore I think a win vs PITTSBURGH clinches a playoff spot under the following scenarios this week.  This scenario assumes we lose the rest of the games as a worst case resulting in us having a 10-6 record and 7-5 in conference.

there are 5 teams that can catch us,but two have to have a better record and tiebreakers.

the teams are 

Pittsburgh

cleveland

oakland

tennesee

indianapolis

Pittsburgh beats Cleveland.  This Eliminates Cleveland with 7 losses.

Tennessee beats Indianapolis.  This give so indy 6 losses and 6 losses in conference and we beat them on that tiebreaker.  Eliminated. But Tennessee still has 5 losses.

Oakland loses.  This gives them 6 losses. Not eliminated yet.

No now it gets trickier.

oakland and Tennessee play each other the week we play Pittsburgh.

if Oakland wins, the. Tennessee has has 6 losses and we would win with head to head over Tennessee and pisstburgh.we still could end up 6th seed,  but we are in.

If Tennessee wins, Oakland has 7 losses and they can’t catch us.

i think the only way it could be delayed is if either Tennessee/Indy tie of Tennessee/Oakland tie.

I also didn’t check to see if Houston or kc collapse and another team takes the division.  So I would say root for Houston and kc,  but there may be scenarios where things can get complicated.

So I think rooting for is the way to go.

pittsburgh over Cleveland

tennessee over Indy

KC over Oakland.

houston over new england*

How is Cleveland eliminated with 7 wins?  We could still go 9-7 and they'd have the tie-breaker over us?

Personally, I think I'd rather see Oakland win that division as I don't want to play the Wildcard game in KC.  Ultimately, I want out playoff path to go through the AFC South, then the Pats, then home against the 6 seed ?

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

STOP IT! Dammit! 

We’re the Bills. We’re not worthy! (I just gotta keep saying it!) Cuz HOLY CRAP! We’re Good!!

STOP IT! Dammit!

If you want, I can post links to some very Billsy losses and Pats Super-Bowl wins.  I'll sober you up real quick.

You want some of that Stevie endzone drop?  Maybe some McKelvin fumble?  I can keep it recent with some Hausch misses. 

I got you

• Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How is Cleveland eliminated with 7 wins?  We could still go 9-7 and they'd have the tie-breaker over us?

Personally, I think I'd rather see Oakland win that division as I don't want to play the Wildcard game in KC.  Ultimately, I want out playoff path to go through the AFC South, then the Pats, then home against the 6 seed ?

I was just responding to what would need to happen this week to ensure we clinch a playoff spot assuming we beat Pittsburgh.  That would be our 10th win.

Ideally I would want the scenario that gives us home field.  But figuring out what could clinch a playoff birth with a win in week 15 is a game I like playing.  It’s much better than figuring out what needs to happen to clinch something week 17 assuming we win out

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. Obviously.  (Not meant to be rude) 

I had said that a lot of marbles have to fall into place.  

If would think the Bills can clinch in 2 weeks with a win over Pitt after a Ravens loss.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Cynthia Freuland’s model has the Bills playoff chances up to 18% with that win in Dallas

lol.  She hasn’t had Buffalo winning a game in months!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

as noted IF the Bills win against the Ravens then it IS a lock.  

If there really are 17 flu ridden Pats then Houston has a chance to upset NE*** 

KC at home has a chance to upset NE*** 

that means the AFCE crown is up for grabs week 16 and close out a win against the JETS 

Why is no one talking about the possibility of Brady missing the game

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

Can you update the main page with current week rooting interests.  I'm too lazy to hunt through this.  I've seen where we should be rooting for Cleveland to beat Pittsburg, but I would think it should be the other way around as we can still play and beat Pitt.  However, if Cleveland loses just one more game, they are pretty much done so...

The AFC South is the tough one for me.  Do we want one team to just run away with it or them to keep beating each other up? 

Most people reenter the thread who here they last let off.  

I added a link to week 13 here and the OP 

11 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Why is no one talking about the possibility of Brady missing the game

when does Tom ever miss a game??

Tom spits in the eye of the Flu.  

he’s so pumped full of PED’s the flu runs away 

I mentioned it before. The 17 are probably most of the PS squad.  

we 13 rooting interest v

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2019/11/27/20985274/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-13

Tennessee Titans (6-5) over Indianapolis Colts (6-5)
Sunday, December 1, 1:00 PM Eastern

Buffalo’s head-to-head win over the Titans really comes into play here if Tennessee is the top Wild Card team from the AFC South.

Kansas City Chiefs (7-4) over Oakland Raiders (6-5)
Sunday, December 1, 4:25 PM Eastern

Unlike in other spots where we want to even out records, in this case we want the Chiefs to run away with the division at the expense of the Wild Card Raiders. Making it as difficult as possible for Oakland to make the postseason will help Buffalo clinch.

Cleveland Browns (5-6) over Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5)

The AFC North rivals evening out their records at six losses apiece would help Buffalo clinch a Wild Card spot earlier rather than later.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Houston Texans (7-4) over New England Patriots (10-1)
Sunday, December 1, 8:20 PM Eastern

Technically, you should root for the Patriots this week because the Texans are locked in an AFC South fight and could end up as the Wild Card in direct competition with Buffalo and because the Patriots have a tiebreaker stranglehold on the Bills, Buffalo’s chances of winning the AFC East are almost zero. If you are a normal WNY human, you should root for the Texans and the chance at a Bills’ division crown plus you don’t want New England to have home-field advantage in the playoffs. Our rooting interest post typically is only concerned with making the playoffs, but we have limits.

San Francisco 49ers over Baltimore Ravens (8-2)

The best match-up of the week can go one of two ways. If you think the Patriots are going to keep winning and secure the AFC East, you should root for Baltimore to win here so they get home-field advantage over New England. If you think Buffalo has a shot of winning the AFC East, go with a Ravens loss so Buffalo can pass them for that same home-field advantage. For now, we are just worried about “making the playoffs”, which means we should root for the NFC team over the AFC team, but it’s not likely to make much of a difference for Buffalo.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:28 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

"The unofficial official playoff tracker"???? :blink:

Who the hell started this desperate attempt for a...

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost