2019 Playoffs. 1st round

19 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Doesn’t one win only clinch it if it’s against the steelers?  A win against patriots or jets puts us at 10 wins, can’t Steelers and Tennessee get to 11 and knock us out?

No. Either HOU or TEN will be out , Bills in with 1 more win. 

1 hour ago, Crayola64 said:

Doesn’t one win only clinch it if it’s against the steelers?  A win against patriots or jets puts us at 10 wins, can’t Steelers and Tennessee get to 11 and knock us out?

Tennessee would win the South if they get to 11.  They play Houston twice in the next three games.  One more Buffalo win knocks whomever doesn't win the South out.  Pittsburgh can get to 11 but that would only hurt seeding.  Buffalo is in a good spot.  Win one more and they are in.  They could get in other ways but that's the easiest math.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

We can still win the division no matter what happens this coming week.  Wins against the Patriots and Jets and then the Patriots losing to Miami in week 17 gives us the division even if we lose to the Steelers based on same record and better division record. 

There are also realistic scenarios where we can clinch a wildcard by the end of week 16 even with losses both weeks.  It's pretty crazy how much has to go wrong for us not to make it in.  We lose out and the odds of making it are still over 50% right now. 

Still, let's just beat Pittsburgh and lock our place in the playoffs in. 

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Guys it is Simple. 

NOTHING else Matters. 1 Win out of 3 and they are in. I know it is uncharted territory for fans owning your own playoff destiny but the Bills do. 

also Division is still in play. But need to win out and NE drop 2 of 3. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

No. Either HOU or TEN will be out , Bills in with 1 more win

We know this BUT there are just too many fans who cannot enjoy that fact.  Some want to continue to look at doomsday scenarios

because they are "programmed" to respond that way.  Posters are even going so far to say if the Bills lose to PIT they don't deserve

the playoffs.  I can't understand that but none of us can change these people's minds.

I've ran many "plausible" scenarios where the Bills get in even losing all 3 games.  That fact makes me happy not sad!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

Are bills a lock for the 5 seed if they win this week? That would be huge. Would much rather go to Houston or Ten over KC. Assuming we don't win the division. 

The Bills are a lock for the WC seed if they win this week.

Seeding is still up in the air if things get bad 

WRT Buffalo getting the AFC East

NE has to lose to Cincinnati or Miami (or both for the Bills to get the Division 

I don't see it any other way 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Bills are a lock for the WC seed if they win this week.

Seeding is still up in the air if things get bad 

Based on messing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine I couldn't find a way for the Bills to not be locked into, at least, the 5 seed if they win this week.  The difference between the 5 and 6 seed is huge. No way I want to go on the road to KC in the WC game. Much easier path the the division round if its @Hou or @Ten

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MDH said:

Based on messing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine I couldn't find a way for the Bills to not be locked into, at least, the 5 seed if they win this week.  The difference between the 5 and 6 seed is huge. No way I want to go on the road to KC in the WC game. Much easier path the the division round if its @Hou or @Ten

There's a SLIM chance that IF Buffalo loses to the Steelers and Pats and wins against the JETS they get the 6th seed IF the Steelers win out 

BUT I'm looking at a 3 game Win streak for Buffalo   :D

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

Completely viable scenario

Week 15:

Texans over Titans

Saints over Colts

Week 16:

Saints over Titans

Week 15 or 16:

Browns lose to Cardinals and/or Ravens

Raiders lose to Jags and/or Chargers

If this all happens, we clinch a spot before the Jets game even if we lose next two weeks.  Easily could happen.   

Or we just win on Sunday and make it really simple.

Edited by jhh9327

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28255391/the-race-afc-2-seed-alive-barnwell-next-2019-nfl-playoffs-involved

The race for the AFC 2-seed is alive: Barnwell on what's next in the 2019 NFL playoffs, who's involved

7. Tennessee Titans (8-5)

Chance to make the playoffs: 50.6%
Projected playoff matchup: Out of playoffs

6. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-5)

Chance to make the playoffs: 59.7%
Projected playoff matchup: at Chiefs

5. Buffalo Bills (9-4)

Chance to make the playoffs: 95.9%
Projected playoff matchup: at Texans

2. New England Patriots (10-3)

Chance to make the playoffs: 99.9%
Projected playoff matchup: First-round bye

Even given that the Patriots have lost to the three other division leaders in the AFC, they're still in good shape to come away with a first-round bye, though not the top overall seed. They control their destiny and have a relatively easy schedule to come, as two of their three remaining games are against the Bengals and Dolphins.

The Bills arguably outplayed the Patriots when the two teams played in Week 4, but this game will be in Foxborough, where the Pats had won 21 straight games before Sunday's loss to Kansas City.

3 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

no win 1 of 3 they are in. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

no win 1 of 3 they are in. 

Correct  1 win in any of the last 3 

The preference is to get it done Sunday Night 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/nfl-playoffs-2019-buffalo-bills-path-to-playoffs-is-simple-entering-week-15.html?outputType=amp

The Buffalo Bills may have lost 24-17 to the Baltimore Ravens in Week 14, but a lot of other games worked out in their favor. In fact, Buffalo’s path to the playoffs in Week 15 is pretty simple: Defeat the Pittsburgh Steelers.

That’s it.

The Bills do not need any other help leading up to Sunday Night Football next week. If the Bills can knock off the Steelers at Heinz Field, Buffalo will make the playoffs for the second time in three seasons under Sean McDermott.

https://amp.democratandchronicle.com/amp/4379069002

ORCHARD PARK – All the Buffalo Bills needed to do Sunday afternoon was take care of their own business against Baltimore, and they would have been celebrating their entrance into the NFL playoffs Sunday night.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

can the Bills lose to the Steelers, Pats and then beat the Jets and get in?

anyone know the exact scenarios based on wins and loses to see who we would play in the playoffs?

we only have to win 1 game to get in, can even still get in if we lose out 

29 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

can the Bills lose to the Steelers, Pats and then beat the Jets and get in?

anyone know the exact scenarios based on wins and loses to see who we would play in the playoffs?

scenarios are many.  

get 10 wins and we make it.  

I’ve run the Bills lose the next 2 and win against the Jets and they make it.  

use the ESPN machine and see what you get. 

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

scenarios are many.  

get 10 wins and we make it.  

I’ve run the Bills lose the next 2 and win against the Jets and they make it.  

use the ESPN machine and see what you get. 

I think after next week it might be easier to figure out potential playoff match ups... as of now, statistically looking strong that we open up against the Texans