If Dougie were so great he'd still be in Buffalo

Tannehill doesn't suck, he's just not "great" 

Honesty - Zay Jones has little to do with the Raiders success or failures

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

LOL to the bold. 

If Dougie were so great he'd still be in Buffalo

Tannehill doesn't suck, he's just not "great" 

Honesty - Zay Jones has little to do with the Raiders success or failures

Marrone quit the Bills. No one knows what really happened.

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Marrone quit the Bills. No one knows what really happened.

Marrone was an idiot with his High Tempo Offense for a ROOKIE QB.   Where is that High Tempo Offense now?  did he abandon it?  

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/33849/bills-playoff-road-more-treacherous-after-loss-at-browns

After entering the week as a clear front-runner for one of the AFC's two wild-card spots, the Bills' loss makes things interesting as the Colts, Raiders and Jaguars are now all within a game of Buffalo. The Bills play the Dolphins and Broncos in their next two games before facing a tough stretch against the Cowboys, Ravens and Patriots in a four-week span.

A road to the playoffs still exists but it just got a lot more treacherous.

for those interested in the NFC

NFC      
SEED TEAM DIVISION RECORD
1  San Francisco  West 8-1
2  Green Bay  North 8-2
3  New Orleans  South 7-2
4  Dallas  East 5-4
5  Seattle  West 8-2
6  Minnesota  North 7-3

STILL ALIVE    
7  Los Angeles  West 5-4
8  Philadelphia  East 5-4
9  Carolina  South 5-4

NFC tiebreakers:

• Dallas is ahead of Philadelphia in the NFC East based on head to head (1-0).
  • The L.A. Rams are ahead of Philadelphia and Carolina based on conference record (Rams' 3-3 to the Eagles' 3-4 and the Panthers' 2-4).
  • Philadelphia is ahead of Carolina based on conference record (Eagles' 3-4 to the Panthers' 2-4).

AFC 

1  New England  East 8-1
2  Baltimore  North 7-2
3  Houston  South 6-3
4  Kansas City  West 6-4
5  Buffalo  East 6-3
6  Pittsburgh  North 5-4

STILL ALIVE    
7 Oakland West 5-4
8 Indy East 5-4
9 Tenny South 5-4

AFC tiebreakers:

• Pittsburgh and Oakland are ahead of Indianapolis based on head-to-head sweep (2-0).
  • Pittsburgh is ahead of Oakland based on conference record (4-2 to the Raiders' 3-2).
  • Denver is ahead of Cleveland based on head to head (1-0).
  • Miami is ahead of the N.Y. Jets based on head to head (1-0).
Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

At a first stab I have us in at 9-7 as the 6th seed (only remaining wins v Jets, Dolphins and Broncos) but that does rely on predicting a choke job by Oakland at Mile High in week 17 (which I can kind of see as a possibility) and squeezes us in on the "record in common games" tiebreaker. That scenario has Pittsburgh in at 10-6 in the 5th seed but there are plenty of 50-50 games left on their schedule and I probably gave them too many of them. That said, this season might be the finest coaching job of Mike Tomlin's career. All those folks who have argued he isn't a top 10 coach and is just a rah-rah guy might want to look at how he has taken a team shorn of its three offensive stars (including their future HoF QB) and started 0-3 and turned the ship around.

I have the 6th seed Bills at the 3rd seed Texans in the wildcard round and the 5th seed Steelers at the 4th seed Chiefs. Ravens #1 and Patriots #2.

For completeness my NFC seeds are: Green Bay #1; Seattle #2; New Orleans #3; Dallas #4; Minnesota #5; San Francisco #6.

If you get the Bills to 10-6 with a win against the Steelers (I'd say the most winnable of the other remaining games) then it is almost impossible that they miss out. If you get them to 10-6 by beating Dallas then you still need the Oakland final day choke job or else they can miss out on Conference record.

I tried my best to put honest picks (my Pick-em sucks this season so... grain of salt) and not the usual make someone lose out scenario. 

At one point the Raiders had the 5th seed but dropped back to the 6th and The Ravens get had the #1 seed, because I gave the Pats 1 more loss. AND not against Buffalo. 

Cravens Projected 14-2

Putrids Projected 14-2

Houston Projected 11-5

Chefs  Projected 11-5 

Buffalo Projected 10-6 

Faders Projected 9-7 

IF the Steelers win against CLE this week then they get the 6th seed 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

I was running through several scenarios.  It’s plausible you get an NFC team go 11-5 and miss the playoffs.  

I ran several with my interest being KC, but Buffalo really has got to find a way to 10 to get in.  The way the schedule works out for Cleveland, Pittsburg and Oakland ....I think it takes 10.  

Also, I tend to think the AFC south cannibalizes itself, but if JAX or Indy got on a roll, in division games, that would add one more threat.

19 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I was running through several scenarios.  It’s plausible you get an NFC team go 11-5 and miss the playoffs.  

I ran several with my interest being KC, but Buffalo really has got to find a way to 10 to get in.  The way the schedule works out for Cleveland, Pittsburg and Oakland ....I think it takes 10.  

Also, I tend to think the AFC south cannibalizes itself, but if JAX or Indy got on a roll, in division games, that would add one more threat.

10 wins should be a lock.  
should be. 

If the Ravens go 13-3 they could keep the Stillers out.  

the big mystery is how good is Oakland 

On 11/11/2019 at 12:26 PM, uticaclub said:

Rudolph is playing better than Allen

Jones might be benched

Marrone is a better coach than McDermott

Tannehill sucks

Rivers is done

Marrone is not a better coach then McDermott- that is ridiculous- the rest I can not agree or disagree with because I have not watched a lot.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Marrone is not a better coach then McDermott- that is ridiculous- the rest I can not agree or disagree with because I have not watched a lot.

You just admitted that you haven’t watched a lot but are saying that a guy that coached in the AFC Championship isn’t better than a guy that’s struggles mightily against teams with winning records  

Young: College offense won't work for Lamar Jackson in the long run

ESPN Vid.  No link to post ^ 

ROOTING interests 

Buffalo vs @Miami
@Cleveland vs Pittsburgh
@Indianapolis vs Jacksonville
@Minnesota vs Denver
@Washington vs New York (NYJ)
@Baltimore vs Houston
@Oakland vs Cincinnati
New England vs @Philadelphia
Kansas City vs @Los Angeles (LAC)

Dallas vs @Detroit
New Orleans vs @Tampa Bay
@Carolina vs Atlanta
@San Francisco vs Arizona
@Los Angeles (LAR) vs Chicago

The ESPN tool is a lot of fun to mess around with.

Worst scenario I uncovered was the Bills getting to 11-5 and missing the playoffs. Wasn't that difficult really as the Steelers and Raiders have an easier path than the Bills. It basically all came down to that Bills/Steelers game in week 15. Assuming the Bills stay competitive that game is going to be a big one.

• Like (+1) 1

After just playing with the Bills' schedule, it's pretty simple. The big one is Pittsburgh. Win the ones we are supposed to win (MIA, DEN, NYJ) and lose the ones we are supposed to (DAL, NE, BAL). We lose to PIT, our playoff shot is 50/50. Beat them and it's 98%.

Of course, I think we are capable of beating Dallas or New England.... But not if we play like we did in Cleveland.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

The ESPN tool is a lot of fun to mess around with.

Worst scenario I uncovered was the Bills getting to 11-5 and missing the playoffs. Wasn't that difficult really as the Steelers and Raiders have an easier path than the Bills. It basically all came down to that Bills/Steelers game in week 15. Assuming the Bills stay competitive that game is going to be a big one.

It sure is.   Even more so when you are protecting the WC instead of chasing it. 

The NYTimes Win % will fluctuate wildly as each of the next 6 to 8 weeks pass.  

So I try not to worry about those fluctuations as long as my guesses work out 

The homer in me thinks a Thanksgiving day Win is possible for Buffalo