2019 Playoffs. 1st round

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

It sure is.   Even more so when you are protecting the WC instead of chasing it. 

The NYTimes Win % will fluctuate wildly as each of the next 6 to 8 weeks pass.  

So I try not to worry about those fluctuations as long as my guesses work out 

The homer in me thinks a Thanksgiving day Win is possible for Buffalo 

I am not counting Baltimore or Dallas a loss quite yet.  Those games are winnable.  We got to get these next two though.  A loss to the phins Sunday would be devastating.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

It sure is.   Even more so when you are protecting the WC instead of chasing it. 

The NYTimes Win % will fluctuate wildly as each of the next 6 to 8 weeks pass.  

So I try not to worry about those fluctuations as long as my guesses work out 

The homer in me thinks a Thanksgiving day Win is possible for Buffalo 

Dallas has been a mystery so it isn't too crazy of a thought though I'd feel better about it if it wasn't on turkey day.

The only thing I know for certain is how I have all of the games predicted in the playoff machine right now will NOT be how it looks after week 17.

Hopefully all the surprises work in Buffalo's favor though. :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, uticaclub said:

You just admitted that you haven’t watched a lot but are saying that a guy that coached in the AFC Championship isn’t better than a guy that’s struggles mightily against teams with winning records  

I live in Orlando and Jax is our local team- I see plenty of Jax and I know they are not coached well. He has one good season where he caught lightning in a bottle.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I live in Orlando and Jax is our local team- I see plenty of Jax and I know they are not coached well. He has one good season where he caught lightning in a bottle.

Isn't Coughlin calling all the shot anyway?

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

I am not counting Baltimore or Dallas a loss quite yet.  Those games are winnable.  We got to get these next two though.  A loss to the phins Sunday would be devastating.  

1 hour ago, Metal Man said:

Dallas has been a mystery so it isn't too crazy of a thought though I'd feel better about it if it wasn't on turkey day.

The only thing I know for certain is how I have all of the games predicted in the playoff machine right now will NOT be how it looks after week 17.

Hopefully all the surprises work in Buffalo's favor though. :thumbsup:

I'd LOVE for the Bills to CRUSH the Ravens to make up for the game I attended opening week last year.  Not a LJ fan, but they are winning so I can't say too much against him. 

The Steelers have Rudolph and he's not a LOCK to win a game either. 

Week 17 ... Will the JETS players care?  Is Gase that much of a motivator?   

• Like (+1) 1

I see the Bills finishing 9-7 at best. Their offense is not good enough to win against good defenses. I see Allen regressing a lot in th second half of the season. If they lose to Miami, I am having doubts the playoffs are going to happen. I think it's going to be Pittsburgh and either Jacksonville or Oakland in that last spot. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

I see the Bills finishing 9-7 at best. Their offense is not good enough to win against good defenses. I see Allen regressing a lot in th second half of the season. If they lose to Miami, I am having doubts the playoffs are going to happen. I think it's going to be Pittsburgh and either Jacksonville or Oakland in that last spot. 

what should we do if we miss the playoffs after starting 6-2? surely some changes have to be made to the staff. monumental collapse with one of the easiest remaining schedules in franchise history. 

Oakland and Pittsburg have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way I see scenarios where the Bills and Pitt both finish at 10-6 with Pitt winning based on the head to head game.  Oakland it's hard to find losses besides the Chiefs game definitely in play for one of the wildcard spots imo

3 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Oakland and Pittsburg have a very favorable schedule the rest of the way I see scenarios where the Bills and Pitt both finish at 10-6 with Pitt winning based on the head to head game.  Oakland it's hard to find losses besides the Chiefs game definitely in play for one of the wildcard spots imo

I’m not sure what to think of Pittsburgh and I think the Raiders will lose to the Chargers keeping them a game behind Buffalo 

13 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I’m not sure what to think of Pittsburgh and I think the Raiders will lose to the Chargers keeping them a game behind Buffalo 

Loss by pitt tonight certainly helps and if connor is done (shoulder may be an issue for awhile) then that helps even more.  As for oakland lets hope the good Rivers shows up for that one because that end schedule looks very favoring for the Raiders

Edited by ILBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

The Steelers chances just dropped significantly with the loss.  

49%

To make it easier for my lazy butt

NFL

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

ESPN page will be activated (post) week 10 also known as week 11 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

ESPN standings 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

NYT 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html

CBS 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

For reference Bills at 56%. Lets see how high or low it changes after Sunday’s game 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The next 4 in the chase 

Oakland 5-4
WEEK 11 CINCINNATI

Colts 5-4
WEEK 11

JACKSONVILLE

Tenny has a bye week. 

Jags can beat the Colts, especially with Foles back.  

Cinci without Dalton has basically given up. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

just spent waaaaaay too much time cranking numbers on that ESPN machine...

As long as we win our favored games, and beat the Steelers... we are in

my $$ says we end up facing off first round against the Chiefs or Chargers

you had me up to Chargers.  

8 percent.  Not 80 

Save the $$$$.  
Unless you like giving it away. 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

just spent waaaaaay too much time cranking numbers on that ESPN machine...

As long as we win our favored games, and beat the Steelers... we are in

my $$ says we end up facing off first round against the Chiefs or Chargers

Chargers????  Rotflcopter!!!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1