2019 Playoffs. 1st round

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Titans are playing lights out and I see them winning that division. No one wants to play them in the playoffs(aside from Baltimore obviously) and they’re firing on all cylinders. Each phase is on point.

they are playing good.  There is no doubt.  

Buffalo went on a 6 game win streak and people in the media said

No one wants to play them !!!

Then in the final game of the season to clinch a playoff spot the Bills lost to the Steelers backups.  

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Who's rooting for the JETS tonight?? 

I am !!! 

They will get destroyed. Gase is a clueless buffoon. The Ravens could play this game wearing wedding dresses and barefoot and they will still kick the Jets asses.  I took the Ravens minus 14.5 in my office pool. Darnold will be seeing ghosts again tonight.

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

They will get destroyed. Gase is a clueless buffoon. The Ravens could play this game wearing wedding dresses and barefoot and they will still kick the Jets asses.  I took the Ravens minus 14.5 in my office pool. Darnold will be seeing ghosts again tonight.

LOL

Rooting interests NEVER had anything to do with logic.  

Maybe Lamar will be seeing ghosts of people trying to take out his legs!! 

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

LOL

Rooting interests NEVER had anything to do with logic.  

Maybe Lamar will be seeing ghosts of people trying to take out his legs!! 

Speaking of rooting interests for Sunday afternoon games that concern the Bills.

Texans-Titans - Houston. Tennessee gets to 7 losses then they can't catch Buffalo.

Cards-Browns - Arizona. Eliminate Cleveland from catching Buffalo

Jaguars-Raiders- Jacksonville. Same reason as the Browns.

Saints-Colts- New Orleans- Ditto above.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Speaking of rooting interests for Sunday afternoon games that concern the Bills.

Texans-Titans - Houston. Tennessee gets to 7 losses then they can't catch Buffalo.

Cards-Browns - Arizona. Eliminate Cleveland from catching Buffalo

Jaguars-Raiders- Jacksonville. Same reason as the Browns.

Saints-Colts- New Orleans- Ditto above.

All only matters if the Bills lose out.  

Only really important game is Bengals Beat NE, Once Buffalo Beats Pittsburgh the Sunday Game against NE will be for the Division Lead and the 2 seed

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

All only matters if the Bills lose out.  

Only really important game is Bengals Beat NE, Once Buffalo Beats Pittsburgh the Sunday Game against NE will be for the Division Lead and the 2 seed

True but I wouldn't mind help from the scoreboard. I do think the Bills will clinch on their own though.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/12/12/21010861/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-rooting-interests-week-15

Before we look at the games on this week’s schedule, here’s a look at the current AFC playoff picture. The Cincinnati Bengals, Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets, and Los Angeles Chargers have been eliminated from the playoff race.

Buffalo Bills (9-4) over Pittsburgh Steelers (8-5)

Houston Texans (8-5) over Tennessee Titans (8-5)

Arizona Cardinals over Cleveland Browns (6-7)

Jacksonville Jaguars (4-9) over Oakland Raiders (6-7)

New Orleans Saints over Indianapolis Colts (6-7)

Cincinnati Bengals (1-12) over New England Patriots (10-3)

Denver Broncos (3-8) over Kansas City Chiefs (9-4)
If the Bills want that path to the first-round bye, they need another Kansas City loss or two.

New York Jets (5-8) over Baltimore Ravens (11-2)
Another way for Buffalo to secure a first-round bye or even home-field advantage would be for the Ravens to lose out, going 11-5

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/12/14/21020451/afc-playoff-picture-buffalo-bills-cant-earn-home-field-advantage-throughout-playoffs

At best, Buffalo can match Baltimore at 12-4 but the Ravens’ head-to-head win is the first tiebreaker in the seeding.

Even in a three-way tie with the Kansas City Chiefs at 12-4 (which would remove the head-to-head tiebreaker), Buffalo wouldn’t finish ahead of the Chiefs thanks to Kansas City’s superior conference record.

The Ravens would take the 2 seed and Buffalo would host a Wild Card game. 

For the Bills to get a first-round bye, they’ll need to win one more game than the Chiefs down the stretch while also passing the New England Patriots.

Kansas City plays the Denver Broncos, Chicago Bears, and Los Angeles Chargers over the final three weeks.

New England plays the Cincinnati Bengals and Miami Dolphins in addition to their Week 16 game against Buffalo.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Win and keep hold of the 5th seed.  

Lose and end up as the 6th seed 

are they at risk of missing out?

Some risk, if you think they can’t beat the Jets at home. What sets this team apart from many previous editions is they’ve stacked wins all season. That gives them a decent chance to get in even if the worst case scenario somehow occurs and they finish 9-7. I think they’ll at least have 10 wins and make the postseason. I’d give them a good chance to win a road WC game, as they won't be facing a bad defensive matchup. 

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The 5th seed s/b the better option IMO. 

The difference would be KC or

Houston / Tennessee   

the latter 2 seem the better matchup.  

I’d prefer KC/ HOU. McD knows Reid better than anyone, and they lose in the playoffs at home. This is not last years Chiefs .HOU defensive personnel isn’t a bad matchup.   Tannehill is a different player with TEN talent around him, and that offense is on fire right now. Don’t want to face the hot team. Anyway, TEN has a pretty tough road to the playoffs as they have to sweep HOU or beat the Saints. Their surest path is to win out , as they get bumped in several other scenarios. Could be a case of catching fire too late for them. I don’t think the current version of the Titans would be a good matchup for the Bills at all. 

13 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Should I be rooting for Houston or TN???

Part of me thinks traveling to Hou for the wild card would be easier than TN

HOU. Definitely want TEN out of there, and I think Texans can bounce Bills out in certain scenarios. Best if Titans lose