It sure feels like a Monday after a Bills' W...

eball

26 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

two major threats are the Browns and Chargers.  The longer they are down, the better.

The Jets are going to make a run due to their schedule, but are starting from a hole and have little margin for error.

Sure I've seen teams 0-5 and 1-5 win 11 in a row ......  

But in the AFCE , a 1-6 HOLE is near impossible to climb out of.  

8 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

nope fire up them simulators 

I was thinking more a thread  but ....

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Obvs , Division leaders  are 1st to 4th seed 

5th Seed.  Buffalo Bills

6th seed Raiders 

week 10 (post) or 11 the ESPN page will be activated 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I’m all for a thread tracking AFC performances, standings and projections. It’s finally a year where we can confidently be in the thick of things. It’s fun to look at the possibilities, even if we are getting ahead of ourselves 

I hope if they can’t win the East, they finish in the 5th seed and will travel to whatever North team comes out from that garbage...hoping the Browns! 

• Like (+1) 1

Go Bills!!! We sure kicked azs this past weekend?

Edited by Don Otreply

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’m all for a thread tracking AFC performances, standings and projections. It’s finally a year where we can confidently be in the thick of things. It’s fun to look at the possibilities, even if we are getting ahead of ourselves 

I hope if they can’t win the East, they finish in the 5th seed and will travel to whatever North team comes out from that garbage...hoping the Browns! 

Done 

The unofficial official 2019 playoff thread

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Obvs , Division leaders  are 1st to 4th seed 

5th Seed.  Buffalo Bills

6th seed Raiders 

week 10 (post) or 11 the ESPN page will be activated 

What about the Texans/Chiefs? They both looked good yesterday. 

As for the Jets, when people have said "we beat 4 bad teams" and mention the Jets I have pointed out that the Jets are a different team with vs without Darnold.

I believe yesterday's game supports that contention. 

That said, do the Cowboys have a defense?  I thought they had a pretty good D, but I haven't been watching them.

Time to throw makes a huge difference to how a QB looks.  I submit Dak Prescott yesterday as Exhibit A.  Both starting OTs out of the game, didn't have such a good day.  He actually finished with good stats - 28/40 for 70% completions, no INTs - but it kind of shows how the stat line doesn't provide much data on QB effectiveness.  Cowboys gained 398 total yards and lost.

Brought it to within a 2 point conversion, I know - but somehow, watching the game, it didn't feel that close to me.  3 long drives ending in FG, TOD, FG in the first half.

• Like (+1) 1

If we beat Miami (that game scares me a lil...screams trap) then to go 10-6 all the Bills have to do is win half their remaining games.  With a soft schedule.  That is staggering to think.  The Pats are still a powerhouse, all credit to them, but they are beatable.  While I can't say the Bills are the best in the league, I think I can say that there isn't a team out there they can't beat...NE included.  Makes for an exciting season.

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I had the Raiders at 8-8 in my pre-season forecast and that still feels about where they will end up. They will be in the running a fair way I think but not sure they eventually make it.

Regardless, the Bills are going to win 10 or 11 games. This is not going to be a year where a 10 or 11 win team misses out like the famous Patriots Matt Cassel year. If the Bills win double digits and avoiding major injuries (particularly to Josh) they will and frankly I don't care who the 6 seed is. I think it likely comes down to the Colts, the Raiders or the Chargers though (who I know are 2-4 but who still have the talent to go an win 7 or 8 in a row which frankly the Jags, Browns and Titans don't).

Yeah, the Chargers are dealing with injuries but have proven to be dangerous...their problem is they still haven't even played the Chefs.  The Brownies have talent but a hillbilly HC and regressing QB.  The Titans are toast -- they'll still beat some teams up defensively but the two-headed Mariota/Tannehill QB monster is embarrassing.  The Jags are saddled with Saint Doug.

If Buffalo can't legitimately push the Pats*** for the East they seem almost destined for that #5 slot.

• Like (+1) 1

My hope for week 17 is that we either have the WC (or division somehow) locked up so it wont matter much even if we lose. Because the Jets, with Darnold are not an easy out and I know they would LOVE to play spoilers for us in the game if they get a chance.

There's a little too much patting the Bills on the back today for my liking.  I agree they *should* win two of the next three,,,probably all three.  And yesterday people act like the Bills did something good because other teams fail.

The bottom line is that Buffalo is in great position but they barely beat the NY Jets, barely beat Cincinnati and barely beat Tennessee.   Let me see them beat Miami by 3 TD's and then beat Washington by 17+ and I'll feel better about it.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

...after looking at what happened around the AFC yesterday.  The Bills increased their lead in the AFC wild card race over the Browns, Jags, Chargers, and Titans -- they are now three games up in the loss column over all four.  The Colts and Raiders are only a game back but I'm still not "buying" the Raiders as a winning team, and we'll see what they look like the next two weeks @GB and @Houston.  The Colts are talented and well coached, and have a big game hosting Houston next week.  I realize Brissett has arguably better numbers than Josh Allen but for some reason I'm still not sold on the former as a guy who will lead a team to the playoffs.  I certainly could be wrong.

In any event, the standings certainly shifted in the Bills' favor with yesterday's results.  And no, I'm not giving up on winning the East, either.  The Pats*** do not look invincible -- at all.

I agree that things are trending positively for the Bills.  But they just need to take care of their business one week at a time.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, the Chargers are dealing with injuries but have proven to be dangerous...their problem is they still haven't even played the Chefs.  The Brownies have talent but a hillbilly HC and regressing QB.  The Titans are toast -- they'll still beat some teams up defensively but the two-headed Mariota/Tannehill QB monster is embarrassing.  The Jags are saddled with Saint Doug.

If Buffalo can't legitimately push the Pats*** for the East they seem almost destined for that #5 slot.

The problem with the Chargers is that they have an aging, immobile QB and no OL to put in front of him.  Lynn is sounding like a man with no answers - or at least, no answers he wishes to take.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The problem with the Chargers is that they have an aging, immobile QB and no OL to put in front of him.  Lynn is sounding like a man with no answers - or at least, no answers he wishes to take.

I'm a huge Rivers fan, but I think his wierd throwing motion is not aging well. He seems like he has nothing on those throws anymore.