How da hell does this happen in America?

19 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Dude - I will repeat: I am assuming that Police Departments are repeating what they train and officers are testifying what they are trained to....

So in the matter of 5 hours you've gone from they are clearly trained to shoot on a PERCEIVED threat to you're assuming they've been trained to shoot on a PERCEIVED threat.  

Thank you.  My work is done here. 

5 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Some of you guys have your heads up your asses. Mistakes are sometimes made. While this is a tragedy and should be played out legally we have a country of 330 million people. Chances are we'll have a few "f" ups every day.

...certainly true.....but would you say we've "gone to hell in the hand basket" regarding once thought to be "authority figures"?......isn't this ONCE great country sinking into the throes of a "third world anarchy"?.......respect, tolerance, rule of law et al are long gone....NEVER thought in my 66 years I'd see it...pretty 'effin sad.....

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

The range I went to in Oakland was where the OPD trained and the range master said they are the worst shots. 

They don't have to have good aim to shoot in 3 shot bursts at someone less than 5 or 10 feet away.  

It's obvious to me after years and years and years of these things (it's not new) is that cops don't shoot you once in the leg so you can't get away, they fire multiple shots at a time.  And enough of them are good enough at it to hit on multiple shots.

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

FWIW, cop has resigned before he was fired. He's getting a dishonorable discharge and info is turned over to the DA for possible prosecution. Why do the cops always sweep everything under the rug?

I think one reason is they all know that they could fug up on the job any day and shoot someone by mistake.  They don't want to go to jail for a mistake and they are all in it together. So when one shoots someone they all cover for him/her because next time it could be them.

ExiledInIllinois may back me up on this, but its like if you're in a boat and some other boater is in trouble, you help them because next time it could be you.  

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

I think one reason is they all know that they could fug up on the job any day and shoot someone by mistake.  They don't want to go to jail for a mistake and they are all in it together. So when one shoots someone they all cover for him/her because next time it could be them.

ExiledInIllinois may back me up on this, but its like if you're in a boat and some other boater is in trouble, you help them because next time it could be you.  

I'm a boater and I've come to the assistance of other people numerous times. Every single time it was because someone did something foolish. I think the last time was me heading right for another boat that didn't see the idiot in the water. I made him veer off and then I stood guard until his boat showed up. When I chastised them for tubing in a busy channel they said they were there because of the wakes from  all the boats.

Eric's knowledge of boats, if he ever had any, has been wiped from all of the diesel fumes he's lunched on over the years. Anyway never rely on him. He changes his mind more often than an Asian Carp wiggles its tail.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

After unlatching a fence door and walking into the back yard, a white male officer saw Ms. Jefferson, who is black.

What does the color of their skin have to do with it?  

Because this is what gets people riled up and into a fervor. Do you think in a million years they would would mention the color of the officer if he wasnt caucasian or Ms. Jefferson was?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I agree that this sound horrible and make absolutely no sense.  However, I'm going to wait for more facts to trickle out before making a decision.

Don't forget to wear your white sheet and MAGA hat while you wait, you racist.  [/#BlackLivesMatter]

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I<snip>

Per the United States Coast Guard:

What is a Good Samaritan Vessel? A private vessel that renders voluntary aid without compensation to a person or vessel who is injured or in danger. Good Samaritans are expected to exercise reasonable care to avoid negligent conduct that worsens the position of the victims and to avoid reckless and wanton conduct in performing the rescue.

Is there a duty to assist?

• For centuries, sailors have voluntarily assisted others in distress. This maritime rescue doctrine encourages seafarers to go to the aid of life and property in distress.

• Good Samaritan vessels are usually the first to arrive on scene, and are often critical in saving lives, especially in Alaska with its vast coastline and limited SAR facilities.

• Federal statute, 46 USC 2304 requires a master to render assistance if the master can do so without serious danger to master's vessel or individuals on board.

12 hours ago, TH3 said:

Police choosing to shoot perceived threats is known, is trained, is policy and holds up in court over and over again...numerous other similar incidents have police testifying in court that they have been following their training....

I will take it for granted they have not perjured themselves.....

So if he was trained to shoot a perceived threat please explain why he’s been charged with murder. 

Get my point now?  

Still more lack of common sense

British holidaymakers 'traumatised' after arrest at US border

A British couple say they have been detained in the US after accidentally crossing the border from Canada.

David Connors, 30, and his wife Eileen, 24, say they are being held in Pennsylvania with their three-month-old baby and are "traumatised".

They say were driving with relatives on 3 October when, to avoid an animal, they veered onto a small road.

A police officer then pulled them over, told them they were in the US state of Washington and arrested them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50050467

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

Still more lack of common sense

British holidaymakers 'traumatised' after arrest at US border

A British couple say they have been detained in the US after accidentally crossing the border from Canada.

David Connors, 30, and his wife Eileen, 24, say they are being held in Pennsylvania with their three-month-old baby and are "traumatised".

They say were driving with relatives on 3 October when, to avoid an animal, they veered onto a small road.

A police officer then pulled them over, told them they were in the US state of Washington and arrested them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50050467

I am guessing there is more to this story than what is being mentioned in the article.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, KRC said:

I am guessing there is more to this story than what is being mentioned in the article.

Kind of like my future brother in-law many

many years ago. He totaled his Mustang and said he swerved to avoid hitting a cat. Even as a kid I didn’t believe him.  So they swerved to avoid an animal and ended up on a small road?  Um yeah....ok. ?

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, KRC said:

No, I think it's pretty clear it's an advance copy of the defense lawyer's summation before the jury.

British.

Possum. 

Swerved. 

Small road. 

Trauma. 

The British are obviously the next disenfranchised people on the list. 

FREE THE BRITS

FREE THE BRITS

FREE THE BRITS 

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, I think it's pretty clear it's an advance copy of the defense lawyer's summation before the jury.

British.

Possum. 

Swerved. 

Small road. 

Trauma. 

The British are obviously the next disenfranchised people on the list. 

FREE THE BRITS

FREE THE BRITS

FREE THE BRITS 

#badteethmatter

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Some of you guys have your heads up your asses. Mistakes are sometimes made. While this is a tragedy and should be played out legally we have a country of 330 million people. Chances are we'll have a few "f" ups every day.

Good point, how many times has this happened this month where everyone went home safe?