How da hell does this happen in America?

13 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Fixed.

How are those poor people at the NYT supposed to feed their families if you are unwilling to pay for their services? Typical liberal. You want something for nothing, making others pay for your "free" stuff.

• Haha (+1) 2

Incredibly sad story.

It really should be normal to recognize and support the police for the tough work that most of them do

while also acknowledging there are serious problems in the system, and sometimes there are just bad officers in the ranks.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Clearly?  And you know this how? 

Police choosing to shoot perceived threats is known, is trained, is policy and holds up in court over and over again...numerous other similar incidents have police testifying in court that they have been following their training....

I will take it for granted they have not perjured themselves.....

Edited by TH3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Fixed again.  You're right.  I am a good liberal putting the NYT's employee's children ahead of mine! ? My little angels can take one for the team!

Getting better. Now cough up 97.5 percent of your income to the government so that they can redistribute it properly.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Incredibly sad story.

It really should be normal to recognize and support the police for the tough work that most of them do

while also acknowledging there are serious problems in the system, and sometimes there are just bad officers in the ranks.

Qualified immunity needs to be completely abolished.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I agree that this sound horrible and make absolutely no sense.  However, I'm going to wait for more facts to trickle out before making a decision.  Sometimes these things sound horrible at first like a kid getting shot in the back running away from the police with his hands up turns out to be a totally different once the investigation was done.

Not saying whose fault it was or pre judging anything til I get more info.  Quaint I know, but it's just how I roll in the era of social disinformation media..

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I agree that this sound horrible and make absolutely no sense.  However, I'm going to wait for more facts to trickle out before making a decision.  Sometimes these things sound horrible at first like a kid getting shot in the back running away from the police with his hands up turns out to be a totally different once the investigation was done.

Not saying whose fault it was or pre judging anything til I get more info.  Quaint I know, but it's just how I roll in the era of social disinformation media..

Hard to imagine how this could be justified in anyway, but who knows? 

So much for your home is your castle. Surprised the cop hasn’t been arrested yet. Well, not surprised, really. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

Police choosing to shoot perceived threats is known, is trained, is policy and holds up in court over and over again...numerous other similar incidents have police testifying in court that they have been following their training....

I will take it for granted they have not perjured themselves.....

Do you know for a fact they are trained to shoot perceived threats?  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Do you know for a fact they are trained to shoot perceived threats?  

Yes - That is exactly what the Fort Worth police department stated regarding this incident.....they would not lie correct? 

That is also what numerous police departments and officers have testified to...

Police also shoot to kill - not to wound - but you knew that right? 

Got a point somewhere? 

Edited by TH3

15 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Yes - That is exactly what the Fort Worth police department stated regarding this incident.....they would not lie correct? 

Police also shoot to kill - not to wound - but you knew that right? 

Got a point somewhere? 

No you said the police department trains to shoot at PERCEIVED threats.   Got a manual that states that?  

They shoot to kill?  Say it ain't so!   Unfortunately they suck at it.  The range I went to in Oakland was where the OPD trained and the range master said they are the worst shots.  

28 minutes ago, ALF said:

Cities will get sued big time until police have the right training when this happens. When they fail  proper training they have to be fired.

All the training in the world cannot prevent these things from happening.  No one knows exactly how they will react in a situation such as this.  

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

No you said the police department trains to shoot at PERCEIVED threats.   Got a manual that states that?  

They shoot to kill?  Say it ain't so!   Unfortunately they suck at it.  The range I went to in Oakland was where the OPD trained and the range master said they are the worst shots.  

Dude - I will repeat: I am assuming that Police Departments are repeating what they train and officers are testifying what they are trained to....

My point - which I actually have: The similar incidents over the last several years have been acquitted because the officers perceived a threat  - so they shot because the perciev ed they or the public was in danger.

This Fort Worth officer was either trained to do exactly what he did - or he was trained poorly, given a gun and sent out in public and took an innocent life... 

On 10/13/2019 at 9:39 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/us/fort-worth-texas-shooting-jefferson.html

There has to be more to the story.  And you wonder why people don't trust cops.

Shut your doors folks... Pray your neighbors aren't busy bodies... Holy Moly!

Is there anyplace safe from the jackboot gov't thugs?

There has to be more to the story?  Huh?  Even if there is.  Huh?  I wonder what the video game was?  First person shooter?  So many questions...

What a horrible story. The officer should answer criminally as the law provides. 

On the other hand, some would consider it good news that  the resistance is fighting back against the  "jack booted govt thugs" in a consistent, methodical fashion at the rate of about 1 per week killed. I just sampled a few. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-officer-shot-parking-garage-maryland-search-suspect/story?id=66261022

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/11/us/female-police-officer-killed/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fduckduckgo.com%2F

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/08/14/6-philadelphia-police-officers-shot-in-philadelphias-nicetown-tioga-section-officials-say/

I don't know how a person who is a cop would ever trust, well, anyone who isn't a cop. 

*just in case my sarcasm was not clear, I think that Law enforcement officers across the country are under assault from politicians, members of the media and certainly from bad people in general. For every police officer who $%#@s something up there are tens of thousands doing a job most people simply could not do.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd