How da hell does this happen in America?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/us/fort-worth-texas-shooting-jefferson.html

There has to be more to the story.  And you wonder why people don't trust cops.

Shut your doors folks... Pray your neighbors aren't busy bodies... Holy Moly!

Is there anyplace safe from the jackboot gov't thugs?

There has to be more to the story?  Huh?  Even if there is.  Huh?  I wonder what the video game was?  First person shooter?  So many questions...

18 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Couldn't tell you, I can't read the article.

But if people don't want to get shot, they should erect paywalls around there property, 'cause ain't nothin' getting through that *****.

I love you long time GI... 5 dolla I make you holla! No sucky sucky:

https://www.nola.com/news/article_f24d0c70-edd3-11e9-a0f5-578ef42032ac.amp.html

You can THANK me for my service later.

?

Clear your cache GI...

15 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

After unlatching a fence door and walking into the back yard, a white male officer saw Ms. Jefferson, who is black.

What does the color of their skin have to do with it?  

Do they commit a disproportionate amount of crime vs. other races?

Somebody has to have the numbers on this.

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Couldn't tell you, I can't read the article.

But if people don't want to get shot, they should erect paywalls around their property, 'cause ain't nothin' getting through that *****.

I thought walls were immoral and do not work? 

NYT. Tear down this wall!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wonder if she heard somebody sneaking around back, thought the cop was a bad guy (he never identified himself)... She had her weapon... And you know the rest.  Some good that (packing heat in own home) did her, now one is afraid to even have the weapon in their own castle

What's stopping a bad guy from identifying themselves as police.  Gee... Great.  Ain't this swell.  Heck, maybe the officier heard them playing video games... Was it a first person shooter?

Welcome to 2019 America.  What a cluster *****.

Moral of story:  Don't be a busy body neighbor and if you are... Get your lazy ass up and investigate yourself... Don't call the Keystone Cops:

d9c49ce000c3a33fd4daa5a4a76cd3ae.png

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

11 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/us/fort-worth-texas-shooting-jefferson.html

There has to be more to the story.  And you wonder why people don't trust cops.

Shut your doors folks... Pray your neighbors aren't busy bodies... Holy Moly!

Is there anyplace safe from the jackboot gov't thugs?

There has to be more to the story?  Huh?  Even if there is.  Huh?  I wonder what the video game was?  First person shooter?  So many questions...

I am old enough to have been picked up by the cops for goofing off in the 70's and pulled over for various traffic stuff over the next 30 years....back in the day when we were goofing around the cops would drive by flash their lights - let you know to cut it out and move on....when you got pulled over in the 80's the cops were generally friendly about the whole affair - somewhere over the last 25 years the deescalating strategy turned 180 degrees - now even a white dude in his 50's driving a dad car gets a cop in his face for doing 51 in a 35....

The Cop who shot this nice young lady was - I understand - very young - poorly trained, given a gun and a license to kill - or maybe he was trained to do exactly what he did.....

23 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I am old enough to have been picked up by the cops for goofing off in the 70's and pulled over for various traffic stuff over the next 30 years....back in the day when we were goofing around the cops would drive by flash their lights - let you know to cut it out and move on....when you got pulled over in the 80's the cops were generally friendly about the whole affair - somewhere over the last 25 years the deescalating strategy turned 180 degrees - now even a white dude in his 50's driving a dad car gets a cop in his face for doing 51 in a 35....

The Cop who shot this nice young lady was - I understand - very young - poorly trained, given a gun and a license to kill - or maybe he was trained to do exactly what he did.....

Agree +1.  Is it the proliferation of firearms?

Now... Everyone has a piece.

Notice Keystone Kop Lou Costello above is holding a truncheon, not a .38. 

Hey... Beating me with a stick is better than plugging me with bullet.  But, let's think of the poor civil servant first!  They are the most important... More so than the people they serve. Big government gone mad. /smh

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, ALF said:

If she were playing a video game , she might have had the controller still in her hand. They show police having shoot , don't shoot drills they need those more often.

I got to watch these sessions while on accounting secondment with the police.

for one grizzled detective they gave him the scenario of a drunk homeless man who keeps approaching, despite clear warnings, and breaks a booze bottle and now has a weapon of sharp glass and keeps approaching 

eventually he hollered “stop right there mofo or you are going to taste all the lead in my gun”

much to the amusement of most watching

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

These cops are so terrified about guns they just shoot at anything. Getting rid of guns would make the cops chill out a bit 

Getting rid of guns??  What exactly are you proposing?  And will the criminals who will have guns chill out?  

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

maybe he was trained to do exactly what he did.....

Please explain this comment.