Sunday Night Game: Steelers at Chargers NBC

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are already overshadowed by the Rams and I just don’t see that changing anytime soon. 

Part of the issue that I never see brought up as well...

The Raiders played in LA for 12 years in the 80s and 90s.  The Chargers divisional rival has a lot of fans in that town which makes it even more difficult to gain traction.  I know it isn't apples to apples but if the Jets or Dolphins moved to Buffalo I would imagine they too would have a difficult time getting a fan following.

9 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I do not think Lynn has the minerals to be a head coach and never did. Very well liked by players, sure. But nowhere near the complete vision that someone like McDermott has.

Let's see the Bills coached to a 12-4 record and playoffs before we annoint McDermott >> Lynn.

I think Lynn is a good HC who showed his first 2 years that he knows how to coach.  I don't hold his rise against him; I think Rex held him down whereas if he'd been coaching for a winner, he'd have gotten more looks long ago. 

Lynn came into a very different situation with the Chargers than McDermott with the Bills.  Right now, Lynn's problem is that he's got an aging and immobile QB and no OL to protect him.  Same OL problem makes it a challenge for the team to run.  It's not exactly the GM's fault since Okung suffered his medical problem in June, after the draft and FA; Pouncey was injured last game.  What I do think hampers Lynn is that I don't think he feels he can go into the GM's office and bang the table and say "bring in some OL talent before the trade deadline or our QB is dead."  Telasco preceded Lynn and I think hired Lynn and Lynn reports to him.

Well, it's legit tough - there aren't exactly all-pro OLmen roaming the streets and at this point in the season every team is dealing with injuries, no team is all "sure, I got a great OLman I can let you have for a baked potato and two bags of Cheetos".  Ken Whisenhunt knows something, but I don't think he's the creative "outside the box" thinker to scheme his way around their injury issues.

That was the most Chargers game ever and I called it. Fall behind by a ton, have a crazy rallying, only to lose in the end.  If they had fans, they would be so depressed.  Sadly, it sums up Rivers’ career. Just kinda falls short. Sucks because he is a really good qb.