Sunday Night Game: Steelers at Chargers NBC

15 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Chargers have been brutal this year...same story it seems every year...tons of talent but always figure out ways to lose close games or lose games they should win...

Starting out behind 17-0 and 24-0 the past 2 weeks before making a game of it doesn't help either. With the Browns and Rams one of the most disappointing teams in the league right now.

tons of disappointment to go around in L.A., what with the Dodgers, Rams and Chargers!

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a team without a fan base. Sad, really. 

The Chargers should have stayed in SD.  I doubt they'll be viable in LA anytime soon, if at all.  When the new stadium is complete, the Chargers will be overshadowed by the Rams.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

The Chargers should have stayed in SD.  I doubt they'll be viable in LA anytime soon, if at all.  When the new stadium is complete, the Chargers will be overshadowed by the Rams.

just wait until the Rams start losing a bit more, and both teams will pretty much have no “fans.”

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

rivers is a smart guy. I am confused why he thought he needed to get chunk yardage right off the bat. He could have dinked and dunked 30-40 yards easy, and still had like 30-40 seconds on the clock, depending on out of bounds. Very weird.

He had already lead a scoring drive to fill out his stat sheet down two TDs, a second one would have meant he actually cared enough to win the game?

The Chargers, AS ALWAYS, are overrated as hell, but............

their owners did the team on the field no favors by moving them out of SD. So he hangs his players out to dry by having them play 16 road games for the next 1,000 years until the new stadium is built.

And when that new stadium is finished, it will just be filled with more visiting fans, forever dooming his own team.

Apparently, SD Chargers fans took it to heart and REFUSE to make the short drive to support their former team.

LOL to the owners of the Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Chargers, AS ALWAYS, are overrated as hell, but............

their owners did the team on the field no favors by moving them out of SD. So he hangs his players out to dry by having them play 16 road games for the next 1,000 years until the new stadium is built.

And when that new stadium is finished, it will just be filled with more visiting fans, forever dooming his own team.

Apparently, SD Chargers fans took it to heart and REFUSE to make the short drive to support their former team.

LOL to the owners of the Chargers.

Of course they did.  They moved to another city, and 2 hours each way isn't that short.  Spanos is a terrible owner.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

What is Rivers doing there ? both on the INT and the holding the Steelers player while trash talking. Just walk away idiot. 

thats rivers, always talking trash.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

What terrific game management by the Chargers ? what a sense of urgency they had? and such a great game plan of just ***** heaving with what time they had left.?

And many people wanted Lynn here.

So is there anyone else out there who thinks Lynn is a good coach?

I've been saying all along that there's nothing special about him. He got handed a lot of talent, including a Hall of Fame caliber QB, and his teams have always under produced.

I'd take McDermott any day over him. McDermott took his 1st year team to the playoffs with barely any talent and Tyrod Taylor behind center.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I've been saying all along that there's nothing special about him. He got handed a lot of talent, including a Hall of Fame caliber QB, and his teams have always under produced.

I'd take McDermott any day over him. McDermott took his 1st year team to the playoffs with barely any talent and Tyrod Taylor behind center.

I do not think Lynn has the minerals to be a head coach and never did. Very well liked by players, sure. But nowhere near the complete vision that someone like McDermott has.

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

They will never be viable in LA...LA hates the Chargers...always have and always will...

Even the NFL teams they like arent viable for more than a couple years so how is one they hate going to be viable??

Unless it means they play 16 road games every year because the stadium is filled with opposing fans.

Edited by matter2003

7 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

They are already overshadowed by the Rams and I just don’t see that changing anytime soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are already overshadowed by the Rams and I just don’t see that changing anytime soon. 

It doesn't help that they are a bad team with a declining QB either. 

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

It doesn't help that they are a bad team with a declining QB either. 

In recent years they have started off slow and finished strong. They will get Derwin James back at some point and they do have some good young talent but always seem to have key injuries. I’m not sure if they will rebound this year but i do know the OL isn’t good enough to beat anyone with a good D. Their LT Russell okung was diagnosed with a blood issue and not sure if he will come back or ever play again. Feeney has been bad at G. Pouncey the C just went on IR. It’s not a good outlook there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In recent years they have started off slow and finished strong. They will get Derwin James back at some point and they do have some good young talent but always seem to have key injuries. I’m not sure if they will rebound this year but i do know the OL isn’t good enough to beat anyone with a good D. Their LT Russell okung was diagnosed with a blood issue and not sure if he will come back or ever play again. Feeney has been bad at G. Pouncey the C just went on IR. It’s not a good outlook there. 

Yes, their OL is horrendous and Rivers isn't getting any younger. I'm expecting them to win 6 games at the absolute MOST this year. They have a tough decision coming too, that decision being when to go all in on an heir apparent to Rivers. 

Edited by H2o

20 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yes, their OL is horrendous and Rivers isn't getting any younger. I'm expecting them to win 6 games at the absolute MOST this year. They have a tough decision coming too, that decision being when to go all in on an heir apparent to Rivers. 

They seem to keep putting off drafting a QB. They have to do it this year. Especially if they draft relatively high. 

7 hours ago, MJS said:

What always made me skeptical of Lynn was his meteoric rise to a “hot” head coaching candidate. Guy was a RB coach midway through the season in Buffalo.  

• Like (+1) 1