Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

The Bill's win but I would take the Dolphins with the points.

Hey, that’s what point spreads are for. Have to tempt $$$ on both sides. 17 is huge for an NFL game. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The o/u on wins this year was just stupid Allen was the starter for all but 1 of the wins last year the team had clearly made some significant effort to improve the offense and the schedule was weak as hell.

Doesn’t matter if it was just stupid.  The reason is was set low is due to what he showed as a passer last season.  

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He had a solid D.  The offense sucked.  The offense doesn’t suck this year.  Rosens entire teams were TERRIBLE both years.  You can’t say that for allen.  Yes, the offensive cupboard was bare last season.  So were his passing results.  He pretty much stunk as a passer last season.  His running ability was everything to his production.  

Edit:  there’s 1 reason the Bills o/u wins was 7ish.  The unpredictable Josh Allen.  Everyone knew our D was legit and only got better with another year of experience and adding Ed Oliver.  Yet our win total was predicted to be very low.

The jury is still out on most of the offense in this fan's opinion.  It's better than last year but still has plenty of room for improvement.  The edges on the O line have been very poor.  WR separation, hands and winning those 50/50 balls is still pretty poor.  Our WR aren't very physical, more of the finesse type.  TEs are young and are making rookie mistakes.  We needed to see the O improve over the first 1/2 dozen games - I'm encouraged.

I agree with our D being a huge benefit, but I was talking our offense.

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Doesn’t matter if it was just stupid.  The reason is was set low is due to what he showed as a passer last season.  

The o/u was because it was Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

The crazy thing is that we could be coming out of the bye, or close after, with essentially:

-A new RB in Singletary.  He’s played two games. 

-A new WR in Foster.  He’s barely played due to inj. 

-A new WR in Duke.  He’s played 1 game. 

-A new TE in Kroft.  Hasn’t played.  

Thats crazy to think about.  We still have no idea what this offense looks like when relatively healthy.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am also going to come in for my big heaping helping of crow as someone who was upset at us taking "the wrong Josh"

I think that's clear.  What's unclear is if we're comparing a lousy McDonald's burger to a middling Burger King burger or a Five Guys burger (or possibly an Allen Burger Venture burger if we get lucky).  Lunch time.

Edited by Doc Brown