Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I have feeling this isn’t a layup.

Fitz is starting now and is gonna try extra hard to win.  Plus besides the Patriots I’m sure the Bills are the team they’d love to get their 1st victory against 

Fitz trying extra hard likely means he throws 2+ picks, so that’s good news for us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't think it's that strange the Dolphins have a 8.4ppg and are playing one of the best defenses in the league this week and the bills are playing one of the worst defenses in the league. I wouldn't say it's easy but that's kind of the idea to put the line where it's hard to say they will hard to say they won't.

Good point.  I hope we shut them out this week.

IMO starting Fitz does in fact increase, however slightly, the chance that Miami springs an upset or keeps the game close.  With Rosen there was ZERO chance of a close game let alone an upset but Fitz has shown that he can catch fire.  It will be important for the Bills to bring their A game and let Fitz know in the 1st quarter he's in for a long day.

Now that I've gotten my worry wart side out of the way this might also be a move forced on Flores by the likelihood that Miami will be without their starting center Sunday.  As banged up and ineffective as the Dolphins O-line is the loss of the center might make it almost impossible for them to move the ball.  Throwing Rosen to the wolves might be something that Miami isn't ready to do yet.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

IMO starting Fitz does in fact increase, however slightly, the chance that Miami springs an upset or keeps the game close.  With Rosen there was ZERO chance of a close game let alone an upset but Fitz has shown that he can catch fire.  It will be important for the Bills to bring their A game and let Fitz know in the 1st quarter he's in for a long day.

Now that I've gotten my worry wart side out of the way this might also be a move forced on Flores by the likelihood that Miami will be without their starting center Sunday.  As banged up and ineffective as the Dolphins O-line is the loss of the center might make it almost impossible for them to move the ball.  Throwing Rosen to the wolves might be something that Miami isn't ready to do yet.

I've paid little attention to them... exactly how banged up are they up front? do you know off hand?

i'm with you on fitz. not super worried but his hot streaks plant a seed in the back of my mind.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I've paid little attention to them... exactly how banged up are they up front? do you know off hand?

i'm with you on fitz. not super worried but his hot streaks plant a seed in the back of my mind.

I've just heard that they were banged up and not very good when healthy except for the center who is solid.  I saw the tweet from the Miami beat writer today (it's on the pre-game thread) quoting Flores as sounding pessimistic that their center will be able to go Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

They are starting Rosen.  In any event, it does not matter.

18 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

So we gonna get Fitztragic or Fitzmagic?  I don't think it matters, because he has no weapons at WR or RB.  He throws two picks and we win going away.

Normally I worry about veteran QB's who can sit back in the pocket and go through their progressions, but that will not be the case this week. He will be running for his life and taking chances, which plays to our favor.  Rosen will enter the game in 3rd quarter. (and we will make him ineffective as well)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Sabres over Carolina in ECF

Bills over Patriots in AFC Championship 

The ultimate redemption season!!!!

Funny you bring this up. I have a cosmic theory about the Bills losing Super Bowl 25. They were supposed to beat the 49ers that year. That was god's plan. But Satan (Belichick) screwed it up when the Giants upset the Niners. And the devil's team (Pats) have been having their way since. This year if we make it to Miami (Tampa would have been too coincidental) if we face San Francisco, we may well set the universe back on it's righteous path.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I've just heard that they were banged up and not very good when healthy except for the center who is solid.  I saw the tweet from the Miami beat writer today (it's on the pre-game thread) quoting Flores as sounding pessimistic that their center will be able to go Sunday.

You generally only see Baldy break down good play. Says something that he felt compelled to break down how bad they are

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think he was just happy the guy was out of shoes! 

Probably slightly hopeful nothing else was coming off the body... Also, not that he should have been, but I've always been amazed that the Secret Service didn't just shoot this guy as soon as he started the first throw... Kinda crazy to think about how much time he had to get two shots at it. :P

• Like (+1) 1