YoloinOhio

Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless he breaks something else he will be making his season debut on Sunday 

Somebody wrap him in bubble wrap, please!!

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I don't think Fitz is just blowing smoke up our butts here.  Belichick said a similar thing and I suspect that there is a growing sense among players & coaches that something is being lost in these Taj Mahal  football palaces that resemble super malls more then stadiums.  New Era field is one of only a few NFL stadiums on any given Sunday that has that college football vibe going on. 

If you saw the most recent new stadium thread (moved to OTW), it's clear many fans prefer to have the sterile experience (pregame and game).  I think that's crazy.

49 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Agreed. I was focused on the opponent at hand.....

I agree. Just experience talking!

44 minutes ago, The Dean said:

If you saw the most recent new stadium thread (moved to OTW), it's clear many fans prefer to have the sterile experience (pregame and game).  I think that's crazy.

You don't have to be freezing and sopping wet to be into a game. Tailgating and Bills football will evolve but never die out. Indoors or out, in OP or downtown.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That is a significant injury report. The bye came at an excellent time, both teams really beat each other up in that Titans game. Hopefully they can stomp out the Fins and get out with limited injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You don't have to be freezing and sopping wet to be into a game. Tailgating and Bills football will evolve but never die out. Indoors or out, in OP or downtown.

You think there will be real tailgating downtown? 

And I suppose all the stadiums in Florida should be enclosed and air conditioned. It's hot as ##$% here. It's murder sitting outside at a game. Still the fans (real fans, tough fans) tough it out. I just can't take artificial atmosphere's for watching an outdoor sporting event. 

Edited by The Dean

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

You think there will be real tailgating downtown? 

I do because the stadium isn't going to be right downtown. It will likely be between the Cobblestone district and Larkinville. Lots of parking lots spread across the area. It won't be like it is now but a good chunk of people will take their tailgating indoors to the dozens of bars and restaurants nearby. Personally I'd probably do that. Gene McCarthy's one week, Belt Line the next, Swannie House after, and so on. But the red Pinto will find it's spot and the tradition will live on.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I do because the stadium isn't going to be right downtown. It will likely be between the Cobblestone district and Larkinville. Lots of parking lots spread across the area. It won't be like it is now but a good chunk of people will take their tailgating indoors to the dozens of bars and restaurants nearby. Personally I'd probably do that. Gene McCarthy's one week, Belt Line the next, Swannie House after, and so on. But the red Pinto will find it's spot and the tradition will live on.

I love the Swannie House, but it isn't something I want to do before a game. Maybe afterward though. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

McDonalds should have a 2 for 1 deal on filet o fish this week😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

I would be curious to see what YouTubes automated closed caption would make of that.

I would imagine something along the lines of

[speaking jive]

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I would imagine something along the lines of

[speaking jive]

Yet, still more eloquent than Lester Hayes (who was an AWESOME CB). 

I may or may not be there. Havent bought the tickets yet because my son isnt sure if he can make it home.....so I guess Im a game day decision. 

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Yet, still more eloquent than Lester Hayes (who was an AWESOME CB). 

Awesome CB and second only to Fred Biletnikoff in the use of stickum. 

Did Leodis say "point-blank-blank-period"? Man was ahead of his time.

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I may or may not be there. Havent bought the tickets yet because my son isnt sure if he can make it home.....so I guess Im a game day decision. 

Meaning you could still score 10th row, 50 yd line seats for $25 a piece?

The line is Bills by 17 right now. As bad as the Fins are, they are starting Fitzmagic. Or will he be turned into Fitztragic by the excellent Buffalo defense? 

Seventeen is a lot to cover. If Buffalo can get plus three in takeaways, then I say it's possible. However, I think it'll probably be closer than previously expected.

Take Dolphins (+17) to cover the spread. 

Final Score Prediction

Dolphins 13

Bills 27

Total points btw is 40.5. 😱

That could be close. 

4 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Meaning you could still score 10th row, 50 yd line seats for $25 a piece?

Not sure where you are seing those prices. 70 for nosebleeds.