Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

Just now, gobills1212 said:

You are both wrong, that Beth M chick that sounds like a dude is the wost!!

I don't get the Beth Mowins hate. She is a play-by-play announcer, not an analyst. What do you find objectionable about the way she calls the play-by-play? Is she screwing up the players/calls? 

• Like (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I don't get the Beth Mowins hate. She is a play-by-play announcer, not an analyst. What do you find objectionable about the way she calls the play-by-play? Is she screwing up the players/calls? 

When a voice grates on you, you just know.  There are male broadcasters I can't stand to listen to also.  Mowins' voice and inflection are, to me, like nails on a chalkboard.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

30-6 will be the final

2 FG's by the fish

I was hoping 20-2.  It would be fitting if the Fins' offense was responsible for negative points.

But I honestly think FitzMagicUntilThere'sFilmOnHim is going to put up 450 yards against the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Her voice is brutal.  There's plenty of women out there that could call a good game.  She isn't one of them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Graham sounds like a JAG at the bar chatting folks up pregame. ?

He obviously hasn't been doing much research on Allen since he talked about how good his decision making is and I've heard nothing of the sort from anywhere else. 

(this is not a pro/anti Allen post. This is a legit Allen needs to make better decisions post).

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

He obviously hasn't been doing much research on Allen since he talked about how good his decision making is and I've heard nothing of the sort from anywhere else. 

(this is not a pro/anti Allen post. This is a legit Allen needs to make better decisions post).

Allen has about one play per game (or three vs. the Pats***) where he gets "lost in the moment" and tries to run around and play hero ball.  It's the primary reason why several of these wins have been closer than they should have been.  I think he needs to take that number down to one play out of every four games.

3 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

Me too!

Sounds like a Badge of Honor! Congrats! 

But somebody needs to teach them some football!

Do they not realize there is a plan, and where they are in their little Phishy Process? 

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

But what I'm saying is, if Flores has ANY sense (and I suspect he does) there is no believeale promise the Miami management could make to get him to obviously tank. Unless the Fins agreed to pay him more money than he would make being a long term respected coach in this league, you just can't risk your entire future on purposely throwing games. Coaches make bad calls all the time. Even Belicheat has made a few inexplicable bad calls. Using that call as "proof" or even "solid evidence" against Flores is the worst kind of conspiracy theory logic. The Fins are not likely his long term future. He HAS to know that.

Plus, the main issue with the play itself was that at least 3 blocks were whiffed - both receivers out in front plus the LT.  I don't think any team has a play that will succeed if literally every block at the point of attack fails miserably...

2 hours ago, eball said:

When a voice grates on you, you just know.  There are male broadcasters I can't stand to listen to also.  Mowins' voice and inflection are, to me, like nails on a chalkboard.

Gotcha. Well, not much you can do about that. Some people have voices that grate on some other people. I don't care for a lot of the voices in sports. But if they are competent, I learn to live with it. It's incompetence I can't take.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Bills are now favored by 17.  And averaging 18 points per game.  :lol:

I'm pretty sure the oddsmakers found out the Fins have found a way to get negative points on the----um--- scoreboard?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Dean said:

4 words. Nails on a chalk board.

Its nice if she wants to be a play by play announcer, and more power too her. 

Fouts and his Maddenisims are one thing, but that just has me rolling my eyes. Beth on the other hand is just hard to listen to. Like literally difficult. You may not agree, and thats fine. Everyone has their opinions. The above is mine and im equally entitled. And fwiw just incase this illicits some female/male job debate - we passed labeling MAN and WOMAN jobs a lone time ago. Be what ya wanna be. As far as she goes, i wish she was narrating braille in braille.

12 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

4 words. Nails on a chalk board.

Its nice if she wants to be a play by play announcer, and more power too her. 

Fouts and his Maddenisims are one thing, but that just has me rolling my eyes. Beth on the other hand is just hard to listen to. Like literally difficult. You may not agree, and thats fine. Everyone has their opinions. The above is mine and im equally entitled. And fwiw just incase this illicits some female/male job debate - we passed labeling MAN and WOMAN jobs a lone time ago. Be what ya wanna be. As far as she goes, i wish she was narrating braille in braille.

You  must have missed my post just before yours:

Gotcha. Well, not much you can do about that. Some people have voices that grate on some other people. I don't care for a lot of the voices in sports. But if they are competent, I learn to live with it. It's incompetence I can't take.

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

The real answer? She's a woman. Nothing more.

• Like (+1) 2