Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, ALF said:

The fin fan forum expect a big win for the Bills

https://finheaven.com/threads/final-score-miami-dolphins-v-buffalo-bills.357213/

game time weather looks ideal for football , low 60s , little wind

A refresher course

Even though they live in the ocean all of the time, dolphins are mammals, not fish. Like every mammal, dolphins are warm blooded. Unlike fish, who breathe through gills, dolphins breathe air using lungs. Dolphins must make frequent trips to the surface of the water to catch a breath.

I've always hated the "squish the fish" chants. It makes Bills fans come across as ignorant, slack-jawed yokels instead of the refined folding table jumpers that the rest of the NFL has come to know and admire.

• Haha (+1) 8

48 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Good Morning from the Super 8 in Hamburg! No bills fans here, every shower and alarm clock in the place didn't go off between 630 and 7. Nope.

Seeya at Hammers!

+1 for the username ???

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KayAdams said:

I've always hated the "squish the fish" chants. It makes Bills fans come across as ignorant, slack-jawed yokels instead of the refined folding table jumpers that the rest of the NFL has come to know and admire.

and your point is??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KayAdams said:

You need a frameshift in your viewpoint to appreciate it.

There is a fish known as the Dolphin.  Since consumers don't want to chow down on Flipper, it shows up in restaurants called "Mahi-Mahi" or "Dorado". 

So to love those "Squish the Fish!" chants, the subtle concealed put-down must be fully appreciated. 

First, Bills fans are stating that the Dolphins Team are not, in fact, marine mammals closely related to humans who drink Mother's Milk just like we do, but a lowly Coryphaena gill-breather that lays eggs like a chicken.  Second, they are saying these lowly creatures have the short lifespan appropriate to their species (2-4 yrs vs 40 years), and are due for a squishin'. 

Thus, Bills fans who chant "Squish the Fish" are erudite wordsmiths with a turn for phylogeny, and should be admired as the refined folding-table jumpers that the rest of the NFL has come to admire.

As a perceptive and attractive young lady, it is also possible you lack the historical perspective to fully appreciate this chant.  When I think of ten freakin' years of getting our Bills butts whipped 20 straight times through the 70s, then 2 years of W-L splits followed by 10 more losses in the subsequent 5 years,  Well.  In addition to "sucks to be us sometimes" and "Why yes, I do suffer from BBFS (Battered Buffalo Bills Fans Syndrome), why do you ask?"  all I can say is:

SQUISH THE FISH!  SQUISH THE  @#$ ^%$# F^*&($@ FISH!

PS "Mutilate the Marine Mammals just doesn't have the same ring to it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You need a frameshift in your viewpoint to appreciate it.

There is a fish known as the Dolphin.  Since consumers don't want to chow down on Flipper, it shows up in restaurants called "Mahi-Mahi" or "Dorado". 

So to love those "Squish the Fish!" chants, the subtle concealed put-down must be fully appreciated. 

First, Bills fans are stating that the Dolphins Team are not, in fact, marine mammals closely related to humans who drink Mother's Milk just like we do, but a lowly Coryphaena gill-breather that lays eggs like a chicken.  Second, they are saying these lowly creatures have the short lifespan appropriate to their species (2-4 yrs vs 40 years), and are due for a squishin'. 

Thus, Bills fans who chant "Squish the Fish" are erudite wordsmiths with a turn for phylogeny, and should be admired as the refined folding-table jumpers that the rest of the NFL has come to admire.

As a perceptive and attractive young lady, it is also possible you lack the historical perspective to fully appreciate this chant.  When I think of ten freakin' years of getting our Bills butts whipped 20 straight times through the 70s, then 2 years of W-L splits followed by 10 more losses in the subsequent 5 years,  Well.  In addition to "sucks to be us sometimes" and "Why yes, I do suffer from BBFS (Battered Buffalo Bills Fans Syndrome), why do you ask?"  all I can say is:

SQUISH THE FISH!  SQUISH THE  @#$ ^%$# F^*&($@ FISH!

PS "Mutilate the Marine Mammals just doesn't have the same ring to it

To truly maintain the current reputation, I was thinking “F$@# the Fins”. Might be a bit much for the families in attendance, but....

10 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Pats fans strike me as superficial...lets see how they act when the empire falls. There...I said it.

Well, perhaps I can shed some light on the subject. I lived in the Boston area for a few years in the late 80's. The Pats* had basically stunk for many years. At that time you could stroll down Commonwealth ave firing a machine gun and not hit a Pats* fan.  The Giants were the area's favorite NFL team, judging from the conversations I had with many sports fans. I think "fairweather" is an excellent adjective for them.

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ve gambled my left nut on Dolphins +17...

It just seems like too much.. 

I will never understand a Bills fan betting against the Bills. Now you may not be a Bills fan, so I get that.

I would simply never bet on a Bills game, as it's hard to be objective. But in the rare instances when you have to pick every game, I always pick the Bills to win. You know how crappy I'd feel about myself if the reason I lost is because the Bills WON? I'd have to stop considering myself a fan. At that point I'd be more of a fan of money than I am the Bills. And I'm not a huge fan of money.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You don't shower on game day!

But I just got out of the shower. How do I reverse it?

Actually I shower, but don't shave on game day.

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

It sure is A LOT for an NFL games! Especially with the Bills on the right side of the equation....it’s almost disorienting! 

8 hours ago, Heitz said:

It’s Gameday Baby - Let’s Go Bills!

fwiw, I’m in Barcelona and the game won’t be on until 7pm.  Seems like a loooong wait, also not quite sure where I’m even going to watch, but I’ll figure it out ???

Go stroll that beach and look at old man junk all over the place! Naked old ladies one thing, naked old man with their junk exposed for all to see...now that takes guts!

6 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Umm, i will hope for a 16pt Bills win for ya...but i must say dont like the bet.I  Having said that, cant find anything i really like today. Maybe the 9ers beating the Skins by 20 or more, as Shannahan gunna want to lay a whoppin on Snyder and will not let up today...but i just find it almost impossible to bet a favorite

40 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Go stroll that beach and look at old man junk all over the place! Naked old ladies one thing, naked old man with their junk exposed for all to see...now that takes guts!

You are unusually fixated on old man junk. I worry about you at times. Feel free to PM someone else about this if you want to get it off your chest!

We were in Barcelona last month and LOVED it!  Never went to the beach, I didn’t want to scare anyone. 

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

'Tis clear you have never been to Germany, especially northern Germany.  It doesn't seem to be as big with the younger generation, but people my age...it's the health-conscious middle-aged or old man thing to do to go to a park on lunch hour, strip butt naked (fold up your clothes neatly) and lie down in the sun for 20 minutes.  Get up, put your clothes on, and go back to work. 

It's considered gauche to notice, much less look directly, much less point and snicker.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Dean said:

I will never understand a Bills fan betting against the Bills. Now you may not be a Bills fan, so I get that.

I would simply never bet on a Bills game, as it's hard to be objective. But in the rare instances when you have to pick every game, I always pick the Bills to win. You know how crappy I'd feel about myself if the reason I lost is because the Bills WON? I'd have to stop considering myself a fan. At that point I'd be more of a fan of money than I am the Bills. And I'm not a huge fan of money.

Firstly.. I didn't bet the Bills to lose.. I bet them to win by less than 17 which ultimately happened...

I am a Bills fan, but that's not going to stop me having a bet when I see what I feel is a ridiculous proposition like this line..

I think there has been some over rating of this team going on, and its even reached Vegas...

On 10/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I see some folks saying they'd be happy with a minimal win (1-2 pts.?,overtime?). You are seriously going to be pleased come Monday that we beat one of the worst teams in the NFL recent history, at home, as a 17 pt fav, and coming off the bye? Oh Really

So, I'm just curious. On a scale from 1-10, how furious are you that the Bills are 5-1 (1 = Happy as a baby kitten and 10 =Hulk on a bad day)?

Right now, I'm about a 3. Then again, I've been drinking, live with an opiate patch and have a good dose of thc in me---so my top end is about 6.