Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Only  with Status meaning everyone health wise is good minus Milano, Johnson and Thompson

I would Sit all three questionables.  They will not be needed this week.  Will be interesting who the Healthy Scratches are

Interesting that Johnson is questionable even though he's been a full participant in practice every day this week.

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I see some folks saying they'd be happy with a minimal win (1-2 pts.?,overtime?). You are seriously going to be pleased come Monday that we beat one of the worst teams in the NFL recent history, at home, as a 17 pt fav, and coming off the bye? Oh Really

Really. Margin of victory only matters in college. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I see some folks saying they'd be happy with a minimal win (1-2 pts.?,overtime?). You are seriously going to be pleased come Monday that we beat one of the worst teams in the NFL recent history, at home, as a 17 pt fav, and coming off the bye? Oh Really

Yes.

I'd very much prefer a real butt whippin' . But, at games end, I will be happy with ANY win. Because they all count the same. 

Now I may have complaints/criticisms.  But I'll still be happy. Why wouldn't I?

• Like (+1) 2

I’m surprised any Bills fan  *wouldn’t* be happy with a 1 point win. As a Bills fan I take any win I can get. I hope we are a playoff team this year but we have no idea at this point. 

Thats not to say that Miami isn’t a a bad team. They are. It doesn’t mean I won’t be happy with a 1 point win. It’s a week to week league, that’s not just a cliche. It’s different in college where you have to prove yourself to a committee to get in to the playoff and W-L record isn’t enough 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You really think the Bills will stub their toe on the Dolphins?

Stranger things have happened to the Bills. One thing being a lifelong Bills fan has taught me: Do take any win for granted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Really. Margin of victory only matters in college. 

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Yes.

I'd very much prefer a real butt whippin' . But, at games end, I will be happy with ANY win. Because they all count the same. 

Now I may have complaints/criticisms.  But I'll still be happy. Why wouldn't I?

Ok then for you. Personally, I look at it as a barometer of where the team is, if they win by 1 point it is not a good sign. You're right, never apologize for winning, in this case ,I don't think it will feel very good.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really dont like that so many ppl are just counting this in the "W" column

Players have pride....even backup players......

Just go out and execute your game plan.....limit your turnovers.....come out of it healthy please

I think it has more to do with the state of the Dolphins than it has to do in confidence in the Bills but I agree. I think they absolutely should win but I’ll be nervous as hell on Sunday and the spread is way too big imo 

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Ok then for you. Personally, I look at it as a barometer of where the team is, if they win by 1 point it is not a good sign. You're right, never apologize for winning, in this I don't think it will feel very good.

I just have no idea how good we are especially on offense so not expecting a blowout. I don’t  use any game’s score as a barometer.  Also Fitz is always a wild card. 

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

Stranger things have happened to the Bills. One thing being a lifelong Bills fan has taught me: Do take any win for granted.

The bills haven't been coached this way, or prepared week to week with game plans, since the early 90s. 

This isnt the same old bills. 

2 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Ok then for you. Personally, I look at it as a barometer of where the team is, if they win by 1 point it is not a good sign. You're right, never apologize for winning, in this case ,I don't think it will feel very good.

A MUCH better barometer of where the team is, is the WL record. Margin of victory means, well not nothing, but next to nothing.

6 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

The bills haven't been coached this way, or prepared week to week with game plans, since the early 90s. 

This isnt the same old bills. 

I've been through many of those very transitions.  Trust me:

Don't take any win for granted.

(and now I just saw that I typed "Do take any win for granted")  :wacko:  Well, that's embarrassing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This Dolphins team is worse than the 1984 Bills, which was the least talented team in NFL history.

But even those bad Bills found a way to win two games in 1984. So miracles happen.

I sweat EVERY Bills game, but this thing is a 17 point spread for a reason.

There really isn’t a scenario where the Bills can lose this game, so, hopefully, it plays out that way.

The Bills are physical and have played hard each week. Turnovers are what kept their previous games close. I don’t think we have seen a team that was just going through the motions. That’s what they are likely to get on Sunday.

A highly motivated, rested, home team against a team who don’t care? Bills by 3 plus touchdowns. 

........from PFT:

Dolphins at Bills

MDS’s take: The Bills keep marching toward the playoffs thanks in large part to an easy schedule.

MDS’s pick: Bills 38, Dolphins 14.

Florio’s take: Even the Bills are 16.5-point favorites against the Gang That Couldn’t Tank Straight. The Dolphins won’t win in Ryan Fitzpatrick’s return to Buffalo, but they’ll keep it interesting.

Florio’s pick: Bills 20, Dolphins 10.