Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, yeah, What's Your Point?  We're suffering from BBFS for good reason - 'cuz we've seen it before xmany

If the Bills are legit, they really need to win this one, but look at the Vikes last season.

I really don't see a parallel besides the point spread.  Buffalo was an unknown entity last season but it's clear they were talented.  There is nothing talented about the roster Miami will trot out onto the field at The Cap on Sunday.

37 minutes ago, eball said:

I really don't see a parallel besides the point spread.  Buffalo was an unknown entity last season but it's clear they were talented.  There is nothing talented about the roster Miami will trot out onto the field at The Cap on Sunday.

At the time of the Vikes game, Buffalo was an entity that had totally laid an egg against the Ravens and looked like a national joke with a guy quitting before halftime and pulling their "won the competition" starting QB at the half.  They followed it up with a game against the Chargers where Josh Allen looked lost - 2 INT, 5 sacks, 209 net passing yards.

Miami has been steadily whittling down the points they give up by game.  They don't beat themselves - they're reasonably disciplined in their play.  I'm not saying they have the talent to win the game, but the Bills known Achilles heel so far is trying to beat themselves with miscues and turnovers.  Miami probably can't win, but the Bills can lose if they don't bring a focused mindset.

That's the parallel I see.  The Vikes looked at the media portrayal of the Bills and yukked it up.  They felt they could phone it in.  Wrong number.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Three things I want to see on Sunday Besides the Win of course and they are all on Offense.

1.  I want Singletary featured and watch the Rookie just destroy this pathetic Defense that the Fins Field.  

2.  I want Allen to Break the 300 yard game drought, Just end that stupid thing already so it is no longer talked about.

3.  I want to see at least 2 connected Deep passes, Allen has missed them a couple times this year, I would love to see one or Two hit this game.

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At the time of the Vikes game, Buffalo was an entity that had totally laid an egg against the Ravens and looked like a national joke with a guy quitting before halftime and pulling their "won the competition" starting QB at the half.  They followed it up with a game against the Chargers where Josh Allen looked lost - 2 INT, 5 sacks, 209 net passing yards.

Miami has been steadily whittling down the points they give up by game.  They don't beat themselves - they're reasonably disciplined in their play.  I'm not saying they have the talent to win the game, but the Bills known Achilles heel so far is trying to beat themselves with miscues and turnovers.  Miami probably can't win, but the Bills can lose if they don't bring a focused mindset.

That's the parallel I see.  The Vikes looked at the media portrayal of the Bills and yukked it up.  They felt they could phone it in.  Wrong number.

Yeah, I'm not buying what you're selling.  I completely agree the Vikings overlooked the Bills and were punched in the mouth quickly by Buffalo in the 1Q and never recovered.  Still, that Bills roster is nothing at all like the Fish roster, and I think the Bills this year are a (much) better team than the Vikings were last year.

We can agree to disagree -- I'm on the 10-step BBFS recovery plan and not worrying about games the Bills clearly should win is step 3.

• Thank you (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Three things I want to see on Sunday Besides the Win of course and they are all on Offense.

1.  I want Singletary featured and watch the Rookie just destroy this pathetic Defense that the Fins Field.  

2.  I want Allen to Break the 300 yard game drought, Just end that stupid thing already so it is no longer talked about.

3.  I want to see at least 2 connected Deep passes, Allen has missed them a couple times this year, I would love to see one or Two hit this game.

I love you all (OK, well, most of you) but you guys crack me up.

1) Just Win, Baby!

2) Clean game, no big errors.  No fumbles, no blocked punts,  no muffs, no INTs

3) No significant injuries

40 minutes ago, eball said:

We can agree to disagree -- I'm on the 10-step BBFS recovery plan and not worrying about games the Bills clearly should win is step 3.

Haha I guess I'm stuck on step 2.7183.  Fair enough.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I love you all (OK, well, most of you) but you guys crack me up.

1) Just Win, Baby!

2) Clean game, no big errors.  No fumbles, no blocked punts,  no muffs, no INTs

3) No significant injuries

I want to see Josh Allen have a "clean" game. No INTs, take what the defense gives him, no unnecessary risks running the ball.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I bet John Brown is as well. No need to push them. Save it for the Eagles.

maybe, but Sal Cap said this morning on WGR that Brown was just tight two days ago, and he was limited yesterday due to field conditions...

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

like I said, this is Miami’s Super Bowl.  The Bills will win, no doubt, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s isn’t a blowout.

That being said, I’m sticking with 38-10 Bills.

How is this Miami's Superbowl? So it could be a blowout or it couldn't

Edited by nucci

2 hours ago, eball said:

One of the Miami reporters (I believe, could have been a national reporter) said that most of the starters on their roster would be lucky to be backups on other teams they are so bad.

Edited by The Wiz

Buffalo Bills

What we’ve learned: Their run blocking has been outstanding. According to Football Outsiders’ adjusted line yards metric, the Bills have been the best run-blocking group in the league. They’ve also had the best red-zone offense, converting touchdowns 71.4% of the time.

https://theathletic.com/1298838/2019/10/18/by-the-numbers-32-things-weve-learned-about-the-32-offenses/

love to see this.  Good f*****g riddance Juan Castillo.  McDermott’s biggest mistake to date.  The influx of talent didn’t hurt either.....but I don’t think Juan would’ve had us in this position 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1