Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t care if we Ever see it. We don’t need him. At all. Signing him was a knee jerk reaction after kicking Clay to the curb, leaving only Croom on the roster. Lee & the Draft not only make him completely expendable, it screams to trade him for a later round pick. 

-though I guess we have to get some film on him to show would be buyers he’s actually alive..

I don't know, it's not like we're an offensive juggernaut.  I'm hopeful he can contribute.  Why not, it's found money at this point?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The winless Miami Dolphins are coming to town and the Buffalo Bills had an extra week to prepare for the tanking team.

Some fans believe in the “Any Given Sunday” mantra, but it should not apply to this Dolphins team. This is not a star studded “Who’s Who” roster in Miami. No, looking up and down this roster should cause football fans to say, “Who’s that?!"

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/10/buffalo-bills-will-score-40-plus-on-miami-dolphins-6-predictions-for-week-7.html

I'm all in for "the general thread getting a bit unwieldy, new topics might help" but this blog by JAG ain't the one to go there with

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm tellin' ya, the more I look at this matchup the more I'll be disappointed if the Bills don't win by something like 50-3.  The Fish are bad -- like, really bad -- and this Bills team is actually pretty damn good.

42 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t care if we Ever see it. We don’t need him. At all. Signing him was a knee jerk reaction after kicking Clay to the curb, leaving only Croom on the roster. Lee & the Draft not only make him completely expendable, it screams to trade him for a later round pick. 

-though I guess we have to get some film on him to show would be buyers he’s actually alive..

I think Daboll's ideal would be to have 2 really good quality pass catching TE, so I don't think he would agree that it was 1) a knee jerk reaction 2) expendable.

Knox is showing great promise, but he's also buttering his fingers at inconvenient times.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think Daboll's ideal would be to have 2 really good quality pass catching TE, so I don't think he would agree that it was 1) a knee jerk reaction 2) expendable.

Knox is showing great promise, but he's also buttering his fingers at inconvenient times.

Sweeney May even be better and few if any block better than Lee Smith. Still have the future Mr. Pegula. It’s Knee jerk! I tell ya! 

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm tellin' ya, the more I look at this matchup the more I'll be disappointed if the Bills don't win by something like 50-3.  The Fish are bad -- like, really bad -- and this Bills team is actually pretty damn good.

Wow, folks gettin' high-falutin.

I'll be happy if the Bills just take a solid win - no 4th Q comeback dramatics, no costly miscues that must be overcome, just get in control and stay in control all day.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll be happy if the Bills just take a solid win - no 4th Q comeback dramatics, no costly miscues that must be overcome, just get in control and stay in control all day.

I JUST want a win. No disappointment in a 7-6 victory over Anybody!

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Any Bills fan who is not extremely confident about this game is simply suffering from longstanding BBFS.

6 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Sweeney May even be better and few if any block better than Lee Smith. Still have the future Mr. Pegula. It’s Knee jerk! I tell ya! 

Agree on Lee Smith's blocking, but the few times they've thrown to him it's a mixed bag.  And Smith comes with a cost - costly false start and PF penalties.

Like I said, I believe Daboll's ideal is to have two really good pass catching TE.  If you're thinking "knee jerk", they did sign Kroft in the FA period well before the draft.  I think the move fits the prototype Beane strategy for positions he decides are really important like OL: 1) sign one or more FA who have asterisks - injury, were backups but showed flashes.  Think Morse, Nsekhe 2) draft a couple guys.  Think Ford 3) bring in some lower tier or limited FA - that would be Lee Smith 4) hope you get a couple guys who can get it done out of the mix

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Any Bills fan who is not extremely confident about this game is simply suffering from longstanding BBFS.

Well, yeah, What's Your Point?  We're suffering from BBFS for good reason - 'cuz we've seen it before xmany

If the Bills are legit, they really need to win this one, but look at the Vikes last season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2