Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure how old you are, but we did a lot of that sort of thing during the Super Bowl years and it gets old pretty fast.  

I was at a game in those days against the Jets.  Kelly threw 3 bombs, and at the end of the first quarter we were ahead 21-0.  That part was really exciting and fun.  The rest of the game was a boring affair as everyone in the building knew who the winner was going to be that day.  

Works for me, I hope that is the outcome of the first quarter, I'll take it every time!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the crew of 15-20 of us that head up together(and don't get belligerent) have all discussed this and really all feel the same way.... but ya... it must just be our little group ?

I've literally taken my kids up. I've taken my non-drinking non-swearing, church going mother.... we've tailgated in numerous areas. we don't get crazy and we've never had it ruined for us. and i can speak for a large group that have had this discussion that aren't thrilled about the idea of changing it to just another urban stadium experience.

what you're "not getting" is that in my experience i'm not the "few". i think you may projecting your feelings as what the masses feel. maybe its no me that's in the minority. If anything I think it’s much more split than what you’re implying.... food for thought.

no worries though man. go bills.

Completely agree.  Unless I walk over to an area where fans are getting a bit too crazy,  the tailgating experience in most of the stadiums lots is perfectly fine for most families I think. You will see a little drinking and some swearing (God forbid!), but the crazy antics are pretty confined. And of course, like virtually every stadium, there will be a few morons (some drunk, some just morons all the time) loudly disturbing others. It's a very good teaching lesson for younger fans, IMO. They will encounter rude ####### throughout their lives.  Teach them how not to be one, how to avoid confrontations and how to properly deal with situation if/when avoidance is impossible

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Actually, I rarely drink at the games anymore. Got sick of paying $14 for a beer and not remembering the game afterwards, lol. 

I have had possible 2 or 3 alcoholic beverages in my adult life. And I have survived. I hear you about the 14$ Nuts. So back to my original story. My son may be stuck restoring power in Plattsburgh so most likely will watch the filleting of the fins at home.

• Like (+1) 1

The winless Miami Dolphins are coming to town and the Buffalo Bills had an extra week to prepare for the tanking team.

Some fans believe in the “Any Given Sunday” mantra, but it should not apply to this Dolphins team. This is not a star studded “Who’s Who” roster in Miami. No, looking up and down this roster should cause football fans to say, “Who’s that?!"

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/10/buffalo-bills-will-score-40-plus-on-miami-dolphins-6-predictions-for-week-7.html

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, eball said:

I'll believe it when I see it.  [Kroft on field]

I don’t care if we Ever see it. We don’t need him. At all. Signing him was a knee jerk reaction after kicking Clay to the curb, leaving only Croom on the roster. Lee & the Draft not only make him completely expendable, it screams to trade him for a later round pick. 

-though I guess we have to get some film on him to show would be buyers he’s actually alive..

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t care if we Ever see it. We don’t need him. At all. Signing him was a knee jerk reaction after kicking Clay to the curb, leaving only Croom on the roster. Lee & the Draft not only make him completely expendable, it screams to trade him for a later round pick. 

-though I guess we have to get some film on him to show would be buyers he’s actually alive..

The guy has legitimate talent he's just always hurt.  I'm open-minded about him but he'll have to prove he can play for the rest of the season.  You know what they say about ability vs. availability.

• Like (+1) 2