Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

I am having trouble getting excited for this one.

We are expected to win, win easily, and win in dominant fashion.

I'll take an easy win no doubt, but games where the winner is decided in the first quarter are boring.

Anyone else feeling a little "down" about the game in this sense?

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'll take an easy win no doubt, but games where the winner is decided in the first quarter are boring.

No

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not until the Bills screw the pooch and start to lose 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Not until the Bills screw the pooch and start to lose 

I have confidence that the game won't go that way, but I guess it could.  Maybe Fitz will be inspired.  

What I meant was that an easy win in which we are in control from beginning to end is a boring type of game and I'm not really looking forward to watching that, even though I'll take the W all day long.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I personally feel like it would be a ton of fun to stomp our opponent every game. I'd watch those games over and over. One of the more exciting games last year was when we dominated the Vikings.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I personally feel like it would be a ton of fun to stomp our opponent every game. I'd watch those games over and over. One of the more exciting games last year was when we dominated the Vikings.

Not sure how old you are, but we did a lot of that sort of thing during the Super Bowl years and it gets old pretty fast.  

I was at a game in those days against the Jets.  Kelly threw 3 bombs, and at the end of the first quarter we were ahead 21-0.  That part was really exciting and fun.  The rest of the game was a boring affair as everyone in the building knew who the winner was going to be that day.  

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I have confidence that the game won't go that way, but I guess it could.  Maybe Fitz will be inspired.  

What I meant was that an easy win in which we are in control from beginning to end is a boring type of game and I'm not really looking forward to watching that, even though I'll take the W all day long.

It is funny how fans see and want different things.

I want exactly want to see a game like that if for no other reason than we haven't had one yet this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure how old you are, but we did a lot of that sort of thing during the Super Bowl years and it gets old pretty fast.  

I was at a game in those days against the Jets.  Kelly threw 3 bombs, and at the end of the first quarter we were ahead 21-0.  That part was really exciting and fun.  The rest of the game was a boring affair as everyone in the building knew who the winner was going to be that day.  

That's your personal view. A lot of fans really enjoy when your team goes out and dominates. Count me among those. It never gets old for me.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

It is funny how fans see and want different things.

I want exactly want to see a game like that if for no other reason than we haven't had one yet this year.

Fair enough!  My point is that games of that type are boring, even when we are on the right end of the final score.

I was much more pumped up for the Patriots game.  I prefer the anticipation of a difficult challenge to the expectancy of an easy win.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

That's your personal view. A lot of fans really enjoy when your team goes out and dominates. Count me among those. It never gets old for me.

Right.  We all express our personal views in pretty much every post on this forum.

I thought that was implied.

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

i could not disagree more... the first 5 games aged me about 10 years.

i'm soooo ready to sit back, relax and enjoy a good ole fashion romp.

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I have no problem getting up for this. I would enjoy a game that doesn’t go down to the wire for once and I would love to see our offense build some confidence in point scoring going into phily! 

let get kroft involved and see what he can provide! 

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I get it. 

On the other hand ---   It allows me to "relax" and enjoy the game with much less anxiety  

Some might say that the Pats game was boring due to the lack of scoring.  while happy the Pats O looked pedestrian 

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

the reason I love to tailgate there is because of the unique experience it provides.... I have no desire to sit down in a restaurant or packed bar like any other weekend out and about. and if they were to team that up with a dome they would lose most of my attendance all together. 

my son is browns fan. took him when he was 10 a couple years ago to watch them play the bills. set up a tailgate and had a really nice time. I obviously explained to him that if he happened to see any less than stellar behavior that it wasn't to be emulated or commended ... was in the rowdy lot for this years opener didn't witness any fights. in fact it was nothing but people having a good ole time. 

I think maybe the people bothered so much by this are actively looking for it. i'm not trying to single you out with that comment. just people noticing in general.

i'm don't de-railing the thread though. so i'll agree to disagree.

And this is what your not getting. The team honestly could care less about the few of you who would pack it up and not go because the tailgating is limited in stupidity that regularly occurs. Having parents and families far more willing to come will out number the people whose party is “ruined” because the team no longer wants all out mayhem.

The tailgating seen is unique and the Bills understand that and seem fine with doing what they can not to alter too much. I assume downtown they’d still want a good amount of lots for the same thing while happily giving fans more options such as bars and restaurants.

I would LOVE this Miami game to be like last years game against the Vikings.

However, I fear it will be MORE LIKE last weeks game against the Titans.

The Dolphins aren't just going to roll over on this game.

I pray that no one on the Bills team (coaches or players) are going to let this be a TRAP game.