Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

this 100%. I refuse to bring my son to a game until he is 11 because of the drunks. While it’s few and far between virtually every game I’ve seen people like, fight, and do a laundry list of stupidity because they treat the tailgate as an all out bender. If you want to drink a ton awesome but keep within a limit where it doesn’t effect others.

probably the biggest reason I want a stadium downtown is because it would reign in some of that stupidity. The idea of bars or restaurants to go to before and party at is pretty cool also

the reason I love to tailgate there is because of the unique experience it provides.... I have no desire to sit down in a restaurant or packed bar like any other weekend out and about. and if they were to team that up with a dome they would lose most of my attendance all together. 

my son is browns fan. took him when he was 10 a couple years ago to watch them play the bills. set up a tailgate and had a really nice time. I obviously explained to him that if he happened to see any less than stellar behavior that it wasn't to be emulated or commended ... was in the rowdy lot for this years opener didn't witness any fights. in fact it was nothing but people having a good ole time. 

I think maybe the people bothered so much by this are actively looking for it. i'm not trying to single you out with that comment. just people noticing in general.

i'm don't de-railing the thread though. so i'll agree to disagree.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Curious to know, which one is the "rowdy lot"?

the couple of gravel lots that's straddle hwy 20 there just as you cross over abbott. always been some real characters down there..... and i thoroughly enjoy it.

i guess i should have worded it "A" rowdy lot and not "the" rowdy lot. as there are plenty around.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

this 100%. I refuse to bring my son to a game until he is 11 because of the drunks. While it’s few and far between virtually every game I’ve seen people like, fight, and do a laundry list of stupidity because they treat the tailgate as an all out bender. If you want to drink a ton awesome but keep within a limit where it doesn’t effect others.

probably the biggest reason I want a stadium downtown is because it would reign in some of that stupidity. The idea of bars or restaurants to go to before and party at is pretty cool also

This ^^^  hitting a pub or restaurant  for a drink and some food before and after games is quite appealing imo, let the traffic clear while having a bite to eat can only be a good thing.

Fans that tailgate need to wrap their heads around this drunken behavior issue before tailgating on team owned lots is heavily restricted, it is becoming a self inflicted wound. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This ^^^  hitting a pub or restaurant  for a drink and some food before and after games is quite appealing imo, let the traffic clear while having a bite to eat can only be a good thing.

Fans that tailgate need to wrap their heads around this drunken behavior issue before tailgating on team owned lots is heavily restricted, it is becoming a self inflicted wound. 

Tailgating will continue even with a stadium downtown. Lot owners are likely already planning for this. It won't be the vast fields of tailgates like you see walking to New Era Field now. It will be smaller lots spread around the city.

But a lot of people will go the bar and restaurant route. Others might switch between the two. Some will drive, some will take public transport. Two years in it will be normal and no one will care.

This reminds me of the "controversy" when Baltimore discussed building Camden Yards. A lot of locals said the same things. Can't have a stadium downtown. Too much traffic. It'll paralyze the city. (They have two now.) 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Tailgating will continue even with a stadium downtown. Lot owners are likely already planning for this. It won't be the vast fields of tailgates like you see walking to New Era Field now. It will be smaller lots spread around the city.

But a lot of people will go the bar and restaurant route. Others might switch between the two. Some will drive, some will take public transport. Two years in it will be normal and no one will care.

This reminds me of the "controversy" when Baltimore discussed building Camden Yards. A lot of locals said the same things. Can't have a stadium downtown. Too much traffic. It'll paralyze the city. (They have two now.) 

I agree with this, well stated to boot,  if a new stadium is built I would like to see it downtown, the traffic argument is massively overblown. It’s mostly a fear of change, you are right, in two years no one will care.

41 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The OP tailgating atmosphere is special. Hate to see it go. I think it's part of the Bills appeal honestly. 

• Thank you (+1) 1