Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, fansince88 said:

I may or may not be there. Havent bought the tickets yet because my son isnt sure if he can make it home.....so I guess Im a game day decision. 

Meaning you could still score 10th row, 50 yd line seats for $25 a piece?

The line is Bills by 17 right now. As bad as the Fins are, they are starting Fitzmagic. Or will he be turned into Fitztragic by the excellent Buffalo defense? 

Seventeen is a lot to cover. If Buffalo can get plus three in takeaways, then I say it's possible. However, I think it'll probably be closer than previously expected.

Take Dolphins (+17) to cover the spread. 

Final Score Prediction

Dolphins 13

Bills 27

Total points btw is 40.5. ?

That could be close. 

1 hour ago, fansince88 said:

Not sure where you are seing those prices. 70 for nosebleeds.

I didn't look at prices, It's more of a sarcastic shot at the Miami fans. That place is never full. $70 for nosebleeds in 85 humid degrees? No thanks. Now $6 for nosebleeds in 30 snowy degrees is more doable, lol.

Edited by Bubba Gump

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I do because the stadium isn't going to be right downtown. It will likely be between the Cobblestone district and Larkinville. Lots of parking lots spread across the area. It won't be like it is now but a good chunk of people will take their tailgating indoors to the dozens of bars and restaurants nearby. Personally I'd probably do that. Gene McCarthy's one week, Belt Line the next, Swannie House after, and so on. But the red Pinto will find it's spot and the tradition will live on.

You nail it right here! There will def. still be parking lot tailgating and LOTS OF IT, there will be entreprenuers our there like Hammer who already own or will own parking lots and make money off tailgaters. And then there will be a vibrant bar tailgate scene, thats how it is in Green Bay (I tailgated in lot there last year AND did a buffet/open bar at a distillery out there, super fun). 

Dont forget Pressure Drop bro, worth a tailgate stop! Maybe even ballyhoo if they are serving up that mac n cheese pre game! 

• Like (+1) 1

apologies if duplicated 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bills-confident-not-under-estimating-winless-dolphins-000940992--nfl.html

Bills confident but not under-estimating winless Dolphins

JOHN WAWROW (AP Sports Writer),The Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Bills tight end Lee Smith makes a distinction when it comes to overconfidence and Buffalo preparing to face the winless Miami Dolphins.

''I don't think there can be overconfidence, not to me personally,'' Smith said Wednesday. ''There's a big difference between being overly confident in yourself and under-estimating an opponent. And we sure as hell aren't going to be under-estimating any opponent.''

So long as the Bills (4-1) - off to their best start since Smith's rookie season in 2011 - focus on their preparation and ignore the outside noise of the 0-5 Dolphins and Buffalo being 16+-point favorites, then everything should turn out fine.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, The Dean said:

If you saw the most recent new stadium thread (moved to OTW), it's clear many fans prefer to have the sterile experience (pregame and game).  I think that's crazy.

I think you are over stating this a bit, people by and large just don’t want to be around unruly drunk people, that’s not much to ask for... tailgating is a lot of fun, but some fans are ruining that experience by being over the top with their alcohol consumption, we all like a buzz but...

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I think you are over stating this a bit, people by and large just don’t want to be around unruly drunk people, that’s not much to ask for... tailgating is a lot of fun, but some fans are ruining that experience by being over the top with their alcohol consumption, we all like a buzz but...

I honestly do get this.... over the last couple years we've tailgated every where from the community college lot right there to the rage lots down below the stadium...

are their drunks doing dumb things? sure. are they part of my tailgate or ruining my experience in any manner at all? NOPE. in fact my mom loves coming to the opener with us every year. she doesn't drink one bit. wont even say a curse word. she personally just sits back and laughs at some of the stuff we see around the stadium and always asks for the invite the next season.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

26 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I honestly do get this.... over the last couple years we've tailgated every where from the community college lot right there to the rage lots down below the stadium...

are their drunks doing dumb things? sure. are they part of my tailgate or ruining my experience in any manner at all? NOPE. in fact my mom loves coming to the opener with us every year. she doesn't drink one bit. wont even say a curse word. she personally just sits back and laughs at some of the stuff we see around the stadium and always asks for the invite the next season.

Understand your view, but it’s the owners view that counts the most, they, Without saying it, want the unruly behavior reined in, we can help with that, or force their hand, it’s our play as fans, how are we gonna play the hand?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Pic?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

this 100%. I refuse to bring my son to a game until he is 11 because of the drunks. While it’s few and far between virtually every game I’ve seen people like, fight, and do a laundry list of stupidity because they treat the tailgate as an all out bender. If you want to drink a ton awesome but keep within a limit where it doesn’t effect others.

probably the biggest reason I want a stadium downtown is because it would reign in some of that stupidity. The idea of bars or restaurants to go to before and party at is pretty cool also

• Like (+1) 3