Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They don’t roll out the all reds for a nothing game. They see it as a division rival in their house. There is no love lost between  these teams. 

Catalon and Lofton 

Am I missing something? Wasn’t the lions game last year sort of a “nothing” game? 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t remember 1975 because I was a newborn and I don’t think anything is relevant about Bills history to the present and future prior to say, 2017. Maybe even 2018. That said, yes I worry about every game!  I’m also a neurotic sports fan.  Miami sucks. I’m worried about the game. Both things can be true. 

I agree that week 5 of 1975 is not necessarily relevant to week 6 (7) of 2019. But if you've been following just about anything for 56 years (sports, stock market, politics) you should gain enough experience that you get a little shiver that says, "Not so fast. I've seen something like this before."

We also tend to remember negative experiences more than positive ones. I don't remember anything about the wins in weeks 1, 2, 3 or 4 of 1975, but I sure remember the loss in week 5.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

You  must have missed my post just before yours:

Gotcha. Well, not much you can do about that. Some people have voices that grate on some other people. I don't care for a lot of the voices in sports. But if they are competent, I learn to live with it. It's incompetence I can't take.

You asked me a question, i answered?‍♂️?

2 minutes ago, John Gianelli said:

I agree that week 5 of 1975 is not necessarily relevant to week 6 (7) of 2019. But if you've been following just about anything for 56 years (sports, stock market, politics) you should gain enough experience that you get a little shiver that says, "Not so fast. I've seen something like this before."

We also tend to remember negative experiences more than positive ones. I don't remember anything about the wins in weeks 1, 2, 3 or 4 of 1975, but I sure remember the loss in week 5.

As I said, I’m neurotic. I remember all negative events that happen to my teams and they eat away at my soul. Ohio state has lost to northwestern once in about 50 years but I remember the game vividly, even though it was 15 years ago, and have replayed it in my mind all week. Not all the wins. Just the loss. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The real answer? She's a woman. Nothing more.

Nah. I mean maybe there are people out there who feel that way but ive actly been impressed w the answers. If someone is upset about a chick announcing in this day and age where each and every network employs chicks then its a much deeper issue than not liking her bc shes a woman

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I like Joe, but Jack Buck was one of my favorites for years. But as he started to get older, he really started to slip. It happens to the best of them, if they stick around a bit too long.

He was calling Monday Night Football with Hank Stram as his analyst. I love me some Hank, but even he was getting a bit long in the tooth. Still had a lot more on the ball than Buck by that time. Here is my (only very slightly exaggerated) recreation of a typical play-call exchange between the two:

Buck: The quarterback drops back and, and it's caught by the.....receiver guy...for a big gain. Hank?

Stram: A nice 3-yard completion for (x QB) to (X WR).

Many of them stay on a little too long. It tends to happen in professions when people love what they do, especially when their identity is tied to it. 

As for Joe... He’s knowledgeable and never screws up. He’s just better suited to baseball, golf, etc. He just doesn’t bring any passion and personality to the more exciting sports which IMO is a necessity for football, basketball, boxing... Being paired with Troy doesn’t help either. 

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t remember 1975 because I was a newborn and I don’t think anything is relevant about Bills history to the present and future prior to say, 2017. Maybe even 2018. That said, yes I worry about every game!  I’m also a neurotic sports fan.  Miami sucks. I’m worried about the game. Both things can be true. 

The year the Jets beat the Colts in the SB, we beat the Jets for our only win of the season. I will gladly lose to the Dolphins if it means we win the SB! If it also means Miami drops out of #1 in the draft and misses the only sure fire HOF QB, all the better!

But I don’t live in that fantasy world. Take care of business and crush the Dolphins....... Or at the very least, squeak out a win, but a resounding victory is better for my heart!

The point is, I worry every week, because anything can happen. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Every week we find out about our team.  This year just feels different.  I do not think that we will win every week, but I do think we will play well.  Prior to McD we saw lackluster performances after they bye.  But if my memory is correct under McD we have had some of our best games after the bye.  I love the we are trying to go 1-0 this week attitude.

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Many of them stay on a little too long. It tends to happen in professions when people love what they do, especially when their identity is tied to it. 

As for Joe... He’s knowledgeable and never screws up. He’s just better suited to baseball, golf, etc. He just doesn’t bring any passion and personality to the more exciting sports which IMO is a necessity for football, basketball, boxing... Being paired with Troy doesn’t help either. 

Many stay too long. Others start to over-rely on a catchphrase that gained them some popularity---especially if they can sponsor said catchphrase. 

As to passion...I bring enough passion to the game. Passion tends to lead to perceived bias (which is fine for home team announcers). Give me cold, efficient competence any day of the week. Mostly give me the info and stay the hell out of the way of my enjoyment. I really don't need you telling stories during the play. And they are looking to see if he bobbled the ball, not if his feet were in bounds, you bozos. Pay the Fuc# attention instead of babbling you fuc#tards!  Harrumph! 

Woah! Did I just go off there?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Juice_32 said:

This is without T. Johnson for most of the season too. McD has done a hell of a job on the D, very impressive.

If T. Johnson ever stayed healthy, he could very well be the best slot CB in the game at the grand old age of 23.

But, since he can’t stay on the field, he isn’t even in the discussion.

Apologies if already posted (I've been slacking in this thread .. damn work :)

Week 7 Flames: Ageless wonders ready to shock the fantasy world

Venerable veterans Frank Gore and Jason Witten are among Brad Evans' list of under-started options this week. Who else is set to surprise?

Fearless Forecast: 19 attempts, 101 rushing yards, 1 rushing touchdown, 0 receptions, 16.1 fantasy points

2 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

This is without T. Johnson for most of the season too. McD has done a hell of a job on the D, very impressive.

its been a lot of neal in there right? or kevin Johnson? both?

either way what a DEEP group. kudos to mcd for making it work and beane for signing and drafting these guys.

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

its been a lot of neal in there right? or kevin Johnson? both?

either way what a DEEP group. kudos to mcd for making it work and beane for signing and drafting these guys.

Both are playing.  Neal's more of the "big nickel"