Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

Unlike previous Buffalo Bill's fast starts the ball really hasnt bounced their way.  The stars didnt align for Buffalo to be 4-1.  Sure NYJ and NYG have poor records.  The Jets are a different team with Darnold and Barkley makes the Giants dangerous.  

The offense has not put together a complete game yet.  Heck, maybe not even a half.  They fall into laulls and Allen tries to do too much to pull them out of it.  

I remember the Fitzmagic start.  Every 50/50 ball he lobbed it fell into Bill's arms.  Gailey schemed a nifty role for Spiller.  Every, tipped pass or dropped ball land into the Bill's arms on defense.  The league caught onto Fitz, Gaileys offense, and the paper thin run d.  Buffalos season turned into a pumpkin by Halloween.  

This week possibly facing Fitz it's made me compare.  Buffalo is a for real team in a league of flawed teams.  The defense is the tops in the league.  They just haven't gotten the tipped balls to land in their hands yet.  Allen hits a deep ball or 2 now the Bill's have an offense that can drive it 75 yards in 9 plays or 1.  With his arm and the speed of Brown, Foster or McKenzie its inevitable.  That deep ball returns Sunday.  Buffalo more than covers and the defense scores more points than Miamis offense.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 4

Just now, Augie said:

The Jags use tarps, but they are very life-like! 

Now the Chargers, they are in LA where wanna-be actors are waiting every table! 

Life like! ha! Yep, most waiters in LA claim to be actors. Serving requires acting as well! 

45 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think the Dolphin fans might be more positive about this game for the Bills than we are.

https://finheaven.com/threads/final-score-miami-dolphins-v-buffalo-bills.357213/

They know Miami doesn't want to win this game.  Maybe the players don't want to tank, but the coaches do.  That two point conversion play yesterday was evidence of that.   It had no chance of succeeding. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

They know Miami doesn't want to win this game.  Maybe the players don't want to tank, but the coaches do.  That two point conversion play yesterday was evidence of that.   It had no chance of succeeding. 

The idea that Flores is purposefully tanking is preposterous. That's a career destroyer right there, and he's just getting started. Maybe you could hire Rex and get him to tank.

8 hours ago, gregor7777 said:

What a play by Oliver, wow.

He's got media presence too.  Check out this interview:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/ed-oliver-i-was-ready-to-get-back

3:12, someone invites him to generate locker room bulletin board fodder: "How does your team not overlook the Dolphins, knowing how bad they are?" 

Oliver kind of gets a glazey look and sticks his tongue out "Um" like "Crap!.  How do I answer this dumb question?"  Then he nails it: "I mean, same way the Jets won this week.  You can't overlook any one, any given Sunday and that's very true.  It comes down to who played a better game that way or who is a better team that day"

Other Monday interviews

Jordan Poyer           https://www.buffalobills.com/video/jordan-poyer-no-team-in-the-nfl-that-you-can-look-past

Lorenzo Alexander https://www.buffalobills.com/video/lorenzo-alexander-it-s-been-a-pleasure-to-play-here

15 minutes ago, The Dean said:

The idea that Flores is purposefully tanking is preposterous. That's a career destroyer right there, and he's just getting started. Maybe you could hire Rex and get him to tank.

Yeah, 0-16 may help a franchise, but I’m not sure it’s EVER been good for a coach

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm really not worried at all about losing this one, but I could see the Dolphins putting up some points, especially if Fitz sees the field. It just feels like a scenario where some Fitzmagic gets sprinkled and he finds DeVante Parker or whoever for a couple of scores. Just enough to keep it competitive. Really want to see Allen put up some points and show some domination so that any random Fitz td or two doesn't really matter.

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

I'm really not worried at all about losing this one, but I could see the Dolphins putting up some points, especially if Fitz sees the field. It just feels like a scenario where some Fitzmagic gets sprinkled and he finds DeVante Parker or whoever for a couple of scores. Just enough to keep it competitive. Really want to see Allen put up some points and show some domination so that any random Fitz td or two doesn't really matter.

You're entitled to your opinion but there are really no facts to support the notion that Miami will be able to move the ball consistently and score against this Bills D.  If Milano can't go that's a big loss but with as much as this D is dialed in it may not make a difference.

I'd like to see Singletary return and get a good number of touches, and obviously I'd like to see the Bills' O dominate and score 28+.

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

I would normally agree that a HC would not tank on purpose, but that call was terrible and seemed to be called intentionally to not work.  They had the momentum.  Flores knows it takes a top QB to win in the NFL.  He saw what having a QB like Brady is like.  They are doing everything they can to get a chance to get one.  Just like Buffalo and Kelly, Miami hasn't had a top QB since Marino.  I would imagine Flores knew what he was getting into when he took the job, just like McDermott did.

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2