Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I think I’m on the record of saying...........

What the hell..........

give up a number one and get Mike Evans.

The Bills might actually have a shot at this thing, so get a young stud WR from a crap franchise and give them a first rounder to help their rebuild.

Mike Evans is young enough so that giving up a number one won’t hurt. And, most importantly, it really helps Allen.

When you tank you don't get rid of young talent, you get rid of old talent. That's why Miami is so screwed, because they are even losing their young talent because they want out. That's why they traded Minkah Fitzpatrick even though he's the type you build around.

Tanking is not worth it if you lose your young talent.

Got to take Miami Seriously , these are trap games !! I think the Bills know it and they will not take this game as an easy game . I still think we will win but we got to be super prepared . Any team can win against any team at any giving Sunday 

Bills 21 Dolphins 16 is what I see 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cygnus99 said:

Got to take Miami Seriously , these are trap games !! I think the Bills know it and they will not take this game as an easy game . I still think we will win but we got to be super prepared . Any team can win against any team at any giving Sunday 

Agree this game scares me big time.  I am hoping that coach can keep these guys grounded during prep etc especially since coming off the bye.  Really hoping we have a healthy singletary and foster so we can start seeing the offense potential 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Hhhhmmmm. Thanks Sal, pretty sure the Bills stunk that game and lost. I’d have to check though lol. Anyway, I don’t think the Bills will cover that spread, but should win the game. 

Yes, they lost 24-17 on a 4th Quarter Kelly pick 6 after they had just tied the game with a TD pass to Metzelaars earlier in the quarter.  

Browning Nagle was the Jets QB that day and the Bills were favored by 17 points. Bills had 4 turnovers, and Brad Baxter had a pair of TD runs for the Jets.

Bills went to 9-4 with the loss and Jets to 4-9.  Bills then rebounded with 2 straight wins over Denver and New Orleans before losing badly on the road to Houston in the season finale and having to face them the next week again in the Wildcard game at home.

We all know how that ended...

One thing I do miss from that era...the refs and their crew didn't try to be the star attraction by calling penalties on every other play seemingly.  Teams looked like they averaged 5 or 6 penalties a game back then, with some games only having 6 total penalties called...now we get that on the first drive of the game sometimes. It's ridiculous. If everything is a penalty, nothing is a penalty.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NC Book said:

Fitz magic to start? He could either put up 300 yards and 4 tds or 100 yards and 4 picks... 

I highly doubt he puts up 300 yards against this defense with that OLine. Flores already said Rosen is the starter.

Edited by matter2003

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no way the Bucs get rid of Evans.  He's the type of player you rebuild your franchise around as he's still only 26.  Plus, it will take multiple firsts if he is on the trading block.

From what I saw yesterday, Evans didn't look like he could catch a cold. On that performance, I wouldn't even give up a 2nd for him tbh.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

There's no way the Bucs get rid of Evans.  He's the type of player you rebuild your franchise around as he's still only 26.  Plus, it will take multiple firsts if he is on the trading block.

Mike Evans actually was pretty bad yesterday despite the yards he put up on a ton of targets.  

That being said, he’s a guy I’d absolutely go all in on trading for.  

I doubt theyd trade him, but if they’re looking for a new QB, they’re going to want premium draft ammo and there’s not a ton of guys on that team that would get them that, outside of Evans.  

Edited by SCBills

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Mike Evans actually was pretty bad yesterday despite the yards he put up on a ton of targets.  

That being said, he’s a guy I’d absolutely go all in on trading for.  

I doubt theyd trade him, but if they’re looking for a new QB, they’re going to want premium draft ammo and there’s not a ton of guys on that team that would get them that, outside of Evans.  

I think I’d take Chris Godwin over him at this point 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Yes, they lost 24-17 on a 4th Quarter Kelly pick 6 after they had just tied the game with a TD pass to Metzelaars earlier in the quarter.  

Browning Nagle was the Jets QB that day and the Bills were favored by 17 points. Bills had 4 turnovers, and Brad Baxter had a pair of TD runs for the Jets.

Bills went to 9-4 with the loss and Jets to 4-9.  Bills then rebounded with 2 straight wins over Denver and New Orleans before losing badly on the road to Houston in the season finale and having to face them the next week again in the Wildcard game at home.

We all know how that ended...

One thing I do miss from that era...the refs and their crew didn't try to be the star attraction by calling penalties on every other play seemingly.  Teams looked like they averaged 5 or 6 penalties a game back then, with some games only having 6 total penalties called...now we get that on the first drive of the game sometimes. It's ridiculous. If everything is a penalty, nothing is a penalty.

That was also the game after the Dennis Byrd injury.  Everybody expected the Jets to just mail it in.  Obviously they didn't.

3 hours ago, Cygnus99 said:

If the dolphins can put up 16 points against the Bills when they barely squeaked 16 against the 0-5 Redskins, I for one will be extremely disappointed in the defense (and more so the coaching for likely going into prevent so they can march the ball down the field).

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

That was also the game after the Dennis Byrd injury.  Everybody expected the Jets to just mail it in.  Obviously they didn't.

It obviously inspired them. They had no business winning that game.