Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm I see a bunch of Ws. So much salt.

I know right?  Could easily make a similar post about the Pats.  Something like “The best team in the AFC currently, needed a fluke blocked punt that was returned for a TD against the Bills to beat them”.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just a friendly reminder that the spread has nothing to do with what Vegas thinks the final score will be and everything to do with getting the same number of people to bet on both sides.

Every time a missed extra point blows the spread "the fix is in".  But nobody talks about a game like tonight where the Chargers are laying 6.5 and are down 24-0 at home with a quarter left.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol... so a tipping an INT to your defensive teammate is now a “ less than “ play ? I suppose you must beat all opponents by 2/or more TDs to be a valid win ? What a crock....

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Just a friendly reminder that the spread has nothing to do with what Vegas thinks the final score will be and everything to do with getting the same number of people to bet on both sides.

Every time a missed extra point blows the spread "the fix is in".  But nobody talks about a game like tonight where the Chargers are laying 6.5 and are down 24-0 at home with a quarter left.

It's obvious some people will NEVER understand that.  But it isn't about getting the same number of people to bet, but balancing the money bet on both sides.

Edited by The Dean

39 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Dang, with how Buffalo likes to play every game close, that is quite a spread. I mean, Miami almost tied, today. Not sure they are serious about that #1 overall.

I mean, Miami almost beat the also winless Redskins. I don't think we will play them close. Even if Allen struggles, which would be a shock, how are they going to move the ball on our defense? 

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

What does the coach have to gain from tanking? What does he have to lose from tanking?

Believe what you want, personally I don't think that players and coaches tank.

What does he have to gain??????? The #1 overall pick! He was told when hired that they wouldn't hold this year against him *wink wink

You are delusional if you think tanking in sports isnt a real thing. This isnt some conspiracy theory.

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

What does he have to gain??????? The #1 overall pick! He was told when hired that they wouldn't hold this year against him *wink wink

You are delusional if you think tanking in sports isnt a real thing. This isnt some conspiracy theory.

If you think the players and coaches are tanking I think you are the one who is delusional. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

BTW Miami will be set up VERY nice to turn things around big time IF (a very BIG IF) they can hit on most these draft picks. Its actually well worth the tanking if it equals years and years of being a perennial contender. I almost fell to the point where I hoped the Bills would tank after so many years of middling and missing out on top picks. Im glad we finally have a competent GM who seems to know how to build a contender without doing that. Time will tell.

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The bills are on their way to a 2nd playoff appearance in 3 years and it’s rubbing so many people the wrong way. People that live to crack jokes on the low hanging fruit like the bills of the last 20 years.... they are all sorts of confused and butt hurt over it. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

BTW Miami will be set up VERY nice to turn things around big time IF (a very BIG IF) they can hit on most these draft picks. Its actually well worth the tanking if it equals years and years of being a perennial contender. I almost fell to the point where I hoped the Bills would tank after so many years of middling and missing out on top picks. Im glad we finally have a competent GM who seems to know how to build a contender without doing that. Time will tell.

If the players and coaches are tanking, the Fins will have to completely replace the entire team and all the coaches. There is no building a team with guys who willingly lose. Tanking may help a team get a few better players (if they guess right on all the picks--which doesn't happen), but the culture is shot to hell. And TEAMS win, not a collection of individual players.

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The bills are on their way to a 2nd playoff appearance in 3 years and it’s rubbing so many people the wrong way. People that live to crack jokes on the low hanging fruit like the bills of the last 20 years.... they are all sorts of confused and butt hurt over it. 

Who the fuc# is Scott Kacsmar? 

• Like (+1) 1

McDermott needs to start showing us he has a killer instinct. Miami is the worst team against the rush so he will probably run 70% of the time and make it a 24-13 game. Be merciless and go for the jugular and go open set and put up 21 in the first half and put your foot on their neck like real playoff teams at home would do!!! This game could be 38-13 if we stop playing not to lose. 

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

McDermott needs to start showing us he has a killer instinct. Miami is the worst team against the rush so he will probably run 70% of the time and make it a 24-13 game. Be merciless and go for the jugular and go open set and put up 21 in the first half and put your foot on their neck like real playoff teams at home would do!!! This game could be 38-13 if we stop playing not to lose. 

McDermott needs to ---Win. That's all he needs to do. Just win. However it comes, just win. Doesn't matter how much you win by, unless it comes down to some serious tiebreakers. 

Period.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

If the players and coaches are tanking, the Fins will have to completely replace the entire team and all the coaches. There is no building a team with guys who willingly lose. Tanking may help a team get a few better players (if they guess right on all the picks--which doesn't happen), but the culture is shot to hell. And TEAMS win, not a collection of individual players.

Who the fuc# is Scott Kacsmar? 

NFL writer, 22k followers. He’s annoying as hell too.