Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

No it's not. 

They had a nine play 75 yard drive to put themselves in position to tie or win. What part of that drive was proof of the tank? 

Or maybe the Redskins allowing that drive is proof of the Redskins tank?

Believe what you want, personally I don't think that players and coaches tank.

They had a chance toe tie the game and force OT. Ok they went for the win. Fine. THAT PLAY CALL? Clearly wasnt one you call in that situation. Im not gonna say Drake dropped it on purpose but even had he caught it there was no chance he scored. Say what you want but that play call was a clear "set up for failure" call

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, StHustle said:

They had a chance toe tie the game and force OT. Ok they went for the win. Fine. THAT PLAY CALL? Clearly wasnt one you call in that situation. Im not gonna say Drake dropped it on purpose but even had he caught it there was no chance he scored. Say what you want but that play call was a clear "set up for failure" call

What does the coach have to gain from tanking? What does he have to lose from tanking?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I saw on SNF pregame that Flores says Rosen will still be the starting QB going forward....must preserve the tank!

the Dolphins announced it early last week that Rosen would be the starter for the rest of the season. So they aren’t changing anything up. Doesn’t mean Fitz won’t come out of the bullpen from time to time as he did today.  And of course Rosen could get injured as well. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then why bench Rosen’s butt for Fitzy in the 4th?  Makes no sense.

Destroy his psyche, make him even more mistake-prone and unsure of himself going into an away game against the #3 defense in the league.

Again...the only reason that makes sense is that the Dolphins franchise wants to kill him.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It wasn't very long

Don’t the bills usually mic up one of their own though for each week? I can see how you read my post for wanting to see the titans mic’d up. I meant the titans game. Not the actual titans. Haha 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

12 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Don’t the bills usually mic up one of their own though for each week? I can see how you read my post for wanting to see the titans mic’d up. I meant the titans game. Not the actual titans. Haha 

That makes more sense and yeah Micah Hyde this game.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, honestly, the only way the Bills blow a team out is if they get accidental TDs that McDermott can't avoid (like defensive, special teams, or breakaway runs). Extremely frustrating but true.

Typically this has been true.  I wonder if McD is starting to change his tune after the Jets and Bengals games.  The Bills had a good sized lead and let them back in the game in the 3rd quarter.  McD was a lot more aggressive against Tennessee going for a TD earlier in the 4th quarter rather than a FG.  He also seemed a little uncomfortable after the Bengal game when we let them stay in it.  This is why I suggest he might have changed his view on nursing leads.  I hope I'm right about this.

53 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

What does the coach have to gain from tanking? What does he have to lose from tanking?

100% correct. Players and coaches are always thinking about game tape. Front office and management might make moves to leverage the present for the future or vice versa. Coaches want to win and so do players. Nobody makes it to the NFL that isn’t a competitor. 

• Like (+1) 4