Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

McDermott needs to ---Win. That's all he needs to do. Just win. However it comes, just win. Doesn't matter how much you win by, unless it comes down to some serious tiebreakers. 

Period.

Wrong. Winning 14-13 isn’t good enough. He needs to set a tone that we will trounce teams we should trounce at home The best teams go for the throat and keep the pressure on. If we want to be that team we can’t be 4 yards and a cloud of dust and win every game by 7 points. 

Edited by Locomark

21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The bills are on their way to a 2nd playoff appearance in 3 years and it’s rubbing so many people the wrong way. People that live to crack jokes on the low hanging fruit like the bills of the last 20 years.... they are all sorts of confused and butt hurt over it. 

My favorite response to that tweet is this:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

McDermott needs to start showing us he has a killer instinct. Miami is the worst team against the rush so he will probably run 70% of the time and make it a 24-13 game. Be merciless and go for the jugular and go open set and put up 21 in the first half and put your foot on their neck like real playoff teams at home would do!!! This game could be 38-13 if we stop playing not to lose. 

It’s a balancing act. You’re winning on the fly with a young QB that’s still learning and making mistakes sometimes. McD has a top defense and he’s facing a low powered offense. He’s not going to be tempted to give that team any short fields or cheap points. Point differential can come into play at the end, but it’s way down the line. Win the game, and don’t give them anything easy. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

NFL writer, 22k followers. He’s annoying as hell too.

I wonder why he didn't mention the Pats* offense was outscored by the Bills O, and they needed a blocked punt to win the game. That's not relevant, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Wrong. Winning 14-13 isn’t good enough. He needs to set a tone that we will trounce teams we should trounce at home The best teams go for the throat and keep the pressure on. If we want to be that team we can’t be 4 yards and a cloud of dust and win every game by 7 points. 

All wins count the same. Thinking about score differential is a losers mindset. All about the W.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I didn’t realize the nfl playoffs were now being determined by the CFP committee. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s a balancing act. You’re winning on the fly with a young QB that’s still learning and making mistakes sometimes. McD has a top defense and he’s facing a low powered offense. He’s not going to be tempted to give that team any short fields or cheap points. Point differential can come into play at the end, but it’s way down the line. Win the game, and don’t give them anything easy. 

So keep them in the game by being conservative??? Seems like a bad strategy to me. The kid isn’t the problem, the attitude that we have to play run first football is. You can control the game with short and play action passing also. The kid can do that. I trust he will turn it over less than Rosen 100% .

Edited by Locomark

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t realize the nfl playoffs were now being determined by the CFP committee. 

It’s about establishing a culture of expectation on offense not just defense. Winning by scoring 17-20 points won’t get us anywhere in meaningful games. 

Just now, Locomark said:

It’s about establishing a culture of expectation on offense not just defense. Winning by scoring 17-20 points won’t get us anywhere in meaningful games. 

Just play the games and see who wins. They will win or they won’t. Doesn’t matter by how much. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

So keep them in the game by being conservative??? Seems like a bad strategy to me. The kid isn’t the problem, the attitude that we have to play run first football is. You can control the game with short and play action passing also. The kid can do that. I trust he will turn it over less than Rosen 100% .

The Bills haven’t been playing run first football this year. 

The lack of scoring hasn’t come from conservative playcalling. It’s been turnovers and poor execution. 

• Like (+1) 1

You win with whatever strategy get you a win. They all count the same. Winning close games may  actually make the team TOUGHER. But the score differential in any given game is only important in the sense one team won, and the other lost. Except for gamblers. But I don't give a crap about that.

Some weeks you have to sit on the ball and make it a low scoring win. Other times you have to win with  the offense. The best teams can play, and win, any style of game. 4-1 so far. So I- think I'll trust McDermott for now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, StHustle said:

What does he have to gain??????? The #1 overall pick! He was told when hired that they wouldn't hold this year against him *wink wink

You are delusional if you think tanking in sports isnt a real thing. This isnt some conspiracy theory.

Organizations gain from #1 picks, coaches only gain if they are still around.

Being told that this year would not be held against a coach and being told to lose games intentionally are two different things. 

45 minutes ago, The Dean said:

If you think the players and coaches are tanking I think you are the one who is delusional. 

What he said.

20 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Where did you get the idea the Bills play run-first football? They most definitely do not, not this season. 

Saying such a clueless thing undermines anything you have to say. 

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Just a friendly reminder that the spread has nothing to do with what Vegas thinks the final score will be and everything to do with getting the same number of people to bet on both sides.

Every time a missed extra point blows the spread "the fix is in".  But nobody talks about a game like tonight where the Chargers are laying 6.5 and are down 24-0 at home with a quarter left.

It'll be interesting to see which way the spread moves.  People usually want nothing to do with Miami but 16.5 is enticing with a Josh Allen led offense.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it down to 15.5 by next Sunday.

I think I’m on the record of saying...........

What the hell..........

give up a number one and get Mike Evans.

The Bills might actually have a shot at this thing, so get a young stud WR from a crap franchise and give them a first rounder to help their rebuild.

Mike Evans is young enough so that giving up a number one won’t hurt. And, most importantly, it really helps Allen.

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I think I’m on the record of saying...........

What the hell..........

give up a number one and get Mike Evans.

The Bills might actually have a shot at this thing, so get a young stud WR from a crap franchise and give them a first rounder to help their rebuild.

Mike Evans is young enough so that giving up a number one won’t hurt. And, most importantly, it really helps Allen.

There's no way the Bucs get rid of Evans.  He's the type of player you rebuild your franchise around as he's still only 26.  Plus, it will take multiple firsts if he is on the trading block.

• Like (+1) 2