Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Still not bad, can’t recall Bills track record with that duo.Superstitious, I know...

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I would normally agree with you, but perhaps he has word from above which would negate the career threat.  That game on Sunday...if you want to win, you kick and go to OT, or you call a 2 point conversion play that has a chance of succeeding.  All evidence pointed to the contrary.

Exactly. Normally, most would agree that a HC ( and absolutely players) would not tank. It definitely is higher up in the organization. However, that 2 point try was so hilariously bad it makes you wonder if Flores has been given a total pass for a couple years. HC $$ is a huge pay raise, and lots of these guys get NFL assistant jobs when their HC stint comes to its ( usually early) end. It was bad enough to stir up the conspiracy theories. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not bad. Archuleta is informative without being overbearing. I think the Bills have a decent record in games called by Spero over the years. 

Yeah, I like Spero Dedes and Adam Archuleta. 

At one point I was just in a "listen mode" and thought I heard a young Al Michaels when Spero was speaking 

Apparently they are remembering Allen running all over them last year and thinking it will be the same again this week.  A bunch of them at finshaven saying he will rush for over 100 easy.

Not saying he wont but he has been better at not relying on taking off more this season than he did last.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

I wouldn't confuse Flores situation with McDermott's in his first year. Yes they both had QB issues. But that's about it.  Besides, what good does it do Flores to lose a winnable game on purpose? Do you think he believes drafting a QB in 2020 instantly turns his crappy team into a contender?  I can't see any college QB in the draft I'd count on to turn things around--at least not quickly and not with that roster.

And don't forget, McDermott took the Bills to the playoffs in his first year.

I was referring to the QB issues, but also all the trades they made to accumulate picks.  The Bills traded away some good players in order to have extra picks, so they had a chance at getting a top QB.  I don't mind if you disagree.  I like a good back and forth.  I just think Flores is on board with all of the changes and management has told him that his career with the Dolphins doesn't depend on the results of the 2019 season.

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I know Miami sucks, but 17 points is a lot given the production of the Bills offense so far this year.

Bills put up 41 in the last Dolphins game, plus the Bills put up 28 on the Giants this season, so I wouldn't doubt seeing the Bills score 30 points or more on the Dolphins.

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I think the Dolphin fans might be more positive about this game for the Bills than we are.

https://finheaven.com/threads/final-score-miami-dolphins-v-buffalo-bills.357213/

Man, things over there in Fishland are GRIM. Those guys need big-picture perspective, like we do. I’ve only ever seen TBD get so miserable after truly catastrophic events, like Josh Allen going three and out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Bills put up 41 in the last Dolphins game, plus the Bills put up 28 on the Giants this season, so I wouldn't doubt seeing the Bills score 30 points or more on the Dolphins.

A laugher would be great.  These games coming down to the final drive every week are stressful!

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Man, things over there in Fishland are GRIM. Those guys need big-picture perspective, like we do. I’ve only ever seen TBD get so miserable after truly catastrophic events, like Josh Allen going three and out. 

Has anyone read Omar Kelly's tweets recently.  I would but I'm blocked.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

A laugher would be great.  These games coming down to the final drive every week are stressful!

Exactly.  The bye week gave me enough time to get most of my fingernails back for this week.  Hopefully I won't need them for anything other than opening a beer.

40 minutes ago, eball said:

Has anyone read Omar Kelly's tweets recently.  I would but I'm blocked.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Me too!

He seems to be talking about the weather a lot.  

I did get a kick out of this one though.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I was referring to the QB issues, but also all the trades they made to accumulate picks.  The Bills traded away some good players in order to have extra picks, so they had a chance at getting a top QB.  I don't mind if you disagree.  I like a good back and forth.  I just think Flores is on board with all of the changes and management has told him that his career with the Dolphins doesn't depend on the results of the 2019 season.

But what I'm saying is, if Flores has ANY sense (and I suspect he does) there is no believeale promise the Miami management could make to get him to obviously tank. Unless the Fins agreed to pay him more money than he would make being a long term respected coach in this league, you just can't risk your entire future on purposely throwing games. Coaches make bad calls all the time. Even Belicheat has made a few inexplicable bad calls. Using that call as "proof" or even "solid evidence" against Flores is the worst kind of conspiracy theory logic. The Fins are not likely his long term future. He HAS to know that.

• Like (+1) 1