Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

YoloinOhio

33 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I would normally agree that a HC would not tank on purpose, but that call was terrible and seemed to be called intentionally to not work.  They had the momentum.  Flores knows it takes a top QB to win in the NFL.  He saw what having a QB like Brady is like.  They are doing everything than can to get a chance to get one.  Just like Buffalo and Kelly, Miami hasn't had a top QB since Marino.  I would imagine Flores knew what he was getting into when he took the job, just like McDermott did.

That's where I'm at too.

• Like (+1) 2

No injury report from McDermott until Wednesday.

During the practice open to the public media saw this:

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

I'm really not worried at all about losing this one, but I could see the Dolphins putting up some points, especially if Fitz sees the field. It just feels like a scenario where some Fitzmagic gets sprinkled and he finds DeVante Parker or whoever for a couple of scores. Just enough to keep it competitive. Really want to see Allen put up some points and show some domination so that any random Fitz td or two doesn't really matter.

I would really like to see Fitzy air it out and our guys get some picks.  We've been getting a fair number of batted balls and deflected receptions but they haven't "come to Papa"

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No injury report from McDermott until Wednesday.

yeah, nothing new there.   

Wednesday, then Thursday then Friday ....  Something is always changing 

2 weeks to get "healthy"   They should be in relatively good health if you look at last weeks IR 

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

wouldn't mind seeing it but I think brown goes off for about 110 and 2 td

Well, the good news is that Miami appears to be just as charitable through the air as they are on the ground.  They're giving up 270 passing yards per game (likely underestimated since teams have been up so big in the 2nd half) and 170 rushing yards.

As they say nowadays, it would appear that many Buffalo offensive skill players are "about to eat."

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Well, the good news is that Miami appears to be just as charitable through the air as they are on the ground.  They're giving up 270 passing yards per game (likely underestimated since teams have been up so big in the 2nd half) and 170 rushing yards.

As they say nowadays, it would appear that many Buffalo offensive skill players are "about to eat."

potentially for the next 3 weeks. eagles are allowing 280 a game through the air and then the skins obviously are struggling.

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not bad. Archuleta is informative without being overbearing. I think the Bills have a decent record in games called by Spero over the years. 

I dont mind that duo at all. They are pretty neutral. Fouts is the absolute worst.

3 hours ago, PIZ said:

I would normally agree that a HC would not tank on purpose, but that call was terrible and seemed to be called intentionally to not work.  They had the momentum.  Flores knows it takes a top QB to win in the NFL.  He saw what having a QB like Brady is like.  They are doing everything they can to get a chance to get one.  Just like Buffalo and Kelly, Miami hasn't had a top QB since Marino.  I would imagine Flores knew what he was getting into when he took the job, just like McDermott did.

I wouldn't confuse Flores situation with McDermott's in his first year. Yes they both had QB issues. But that's about it.  Besides, what good does it do Flores to lose a winnable game on purpose? Do you think he believes drafting a QB in 2020 instantly turns his crappy team into a contender?  I can't see any college QB in the draft I'd count on to turn things around--at least not quickly and not with that roster.

And don't forget, McDermott took the Bills to the playoffs in his first year.

Edited by The Dean

For all of this talk about tanking, suggesting the Fish actually called a play they knew wouldn't work on Sunday may be the most bizarre take I've ever read on a message board.  Do you know what would happen in a locker room if the players sensed that the coaches don't want to win?  Do you think Fitz and the other veterans on that team would put forth any effort at all in that situation?

Tanking is done by the front office.  Coaches only operate one way -- they try to win.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, The Dean said:

The idea that Flores is purposefully tanking is preposterous. That's a career destroyer right there, and he's just getting started. Maybe you could hire Rex and get him to tank.

I would normally agree with you, but perhaps he has word from above which would negate the career threat.  That game on Sunday...if you want to win, you kick and go to OT, or you call a 2 point conversion play that has a chance of succeeding.  All evidence pointed to the contrary.