The AFC is a dumpster fire this season

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Defensively they were.

Offensively they didn't do much of anything outside of the big pass to Benjamin that Allen got hurt on.... no idea why people feel that's an Allen would've won that game. Bills offense was awful all game.

Really?  NO idea?  C'mon, man, they lost because Peterman threw a pick six!  Yes, Josh would have had to lead a TD drive but he's better than Peterman, for crissake.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I agreed with that,   

IIRC, I believe that the Bills were in control of the game in the 2nd half, until well, Nate gave us Nate. 

I assumed the N Peterman to Zay TD to take a 13-10 lead indicated that 

Yes but I never said the Bills never led. I said this often repeated line that we were in position to win when Josh left the field.... it isn't true. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Really?  NO idea?  C'mon, man, they lost because Peterman threw a pick six!  Yes, Josh would have had to lead a TD drive but he's better than Peterman, for crissake.

I have an idea. I just think it is a stretch. Allen wasn't playing that well even before he got hurt. They had mustered 6 points all day. If people want to say "they still had a shot" when he left the field then I can see that. It is phrases like "were on their way to winning" that I don't understand. 

On 10/13/2019 at 6:11 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Teams Bills have beaten are a combined 5-18. And Bills struggled for long stretches in each of those four wins. 

I would say the Bills could beat any team in AFC including New England (maybe 1 out of 5 times on the road). I think they drop one of the games against Ravens or Browns. As long as they beat Miami twice and Jets again, they will be fine to make the playoffs. They will cobble together enough wins over the likes of Denver, Pittsburgh, and Washington to earn the 5th seed.

Have the Bills ever won in Pittsburgh?

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Exactly.

No they weren't. They were losing when he left the game. They may or may not have won the game.

Peterman was OBVIOUSLY god awful..... but that was a beautiful throw. I'll give him credit for that.

Dude’s smoking those Mile High doobies.

5 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If Mahomes is out for any length of time with this injury,  just go ahead and throw another log on the AFC Dumpster Fire.

Just said this.   It's like the football gods are saying let's just give the bills a break. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If Mahomes is out for any length of time with this injury,  just go ahead and throw another log on the AFC Dumpster Fire.

Based on the initial call of a patellar dislocation, he will be probably out a month minimum and offseason surgery. 

Edited by The Wiz

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Based on the initial call of a patellar dislocation, he will be probably out a month minimum and offseason surgery. 

I assume you know a bit about it- if he comes back in December will he be mobile or more like Drew Bledsoe? His mobility is important

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I assume you know a bit about it- if he comes back in December will he be mobile or more like Drew Bledsoe? His mobility is important

Everything's going to depend on what they find but I'd imagine when he comes back he will likely have a brace for the rest of the season. 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:50 AM, ColeB said:

Have the Bills ever won in Pittsburgh?

They won there in the 92 playoffs divisional round, Frank Reich at QB. I honestly can’t think of another Bills win @ PIT. That game in December is not going to be easy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

They won there in the 92 playoffs divisional round, Frank Reich at QB. I honestly can’t think of another Bills win @ PIT. That game in December is not going to be easy. 

I’ve got Pittsburgh down as our second toughest remaining game, but things change week to week in this sport.  Who the hell knows?

Edited by mannc