The AFC is a dumpster fire this season

18 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

You're still hanging on to the "4 straight Super Bowls" thing?

am i still hanging on the only achievement that our football team has earned above any other team?...... yes...yes i am.

i guess ill hang on greatest comeback if we lose that one.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

And a lazy response from Deion’s compadre.... “ Bills offense has long way  to go.” If you looked into their stats and not just the point total you’d realize the offense is closer than you think. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

Its a long season, teams that start out like trash you sometimes dont want to play down the stretch, that will happen with at least 1 or 2 teams in the AFC.  The Ravens, Colts and Texans are solid teams.  A team like SD could turn in it around.   I would not get too excited about 4-1 being ahead of 4-2 so the 4-1 team is obviously better......let this thing play out.  it is advantageous for the Bills though, the schedule is not bad BUT they are likely going for 1 of 2 WC positions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The AFC is pretty trash as far as depth is concerned. The Patriots are at the top of the heap. I would put the Ravens, Chiefs, Texans and Bills as the only other legit contenders and as much as I love us being in the mix all of those teams have major flaws. There are some other decent teams like the Raiders and Colts who will compete for a wild card spot but the AFC is very mediocre this year. Even the Pats aren't as strong as they usually are given Brady's age and the injuries to their offense.

7 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

It seems like a weird season.  Teams look unbeatable and fall to earth hard (Dal, Ten).  Other teams look like they are out of it, then somehow look good (Pit, Den, Min).

Might have some shakeup for the playoffs this season with some new entrants and teams advancing.  

I am glad that I am not a betting man. Games that were once predictable, are no longer predictable.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:18 AM, mannc said:

So if their fans start looking ahead, it could affect how the Bills play against, say, Miami, even if the team remains focused?  How does that work?

No, if fans look ahead it could affect how many nutsy, wacky, incorrect predictions they make.

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The redskins are a dumpster fire. I don't consider the Cowboys or Eagles bad teams.... both are capable football teams of doing damage in the playoffs.

I will agree with the Iggles.   

The Boys played 3 cream puffs teams and won.  Then they lost 3 in a row to TWO legit teams and the NYETS!!!!!  Ergo I'll hold off on credit Dallas anything 

Dallas has a rough schedule ahead past the Eagles

Giants, Vikes, Lions, Pats*** and Bills on Turkey day 

Closing out with Bears, Rams,  Iggles and Skins.   

I can see 6 possible losses 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

This is said a lot but we were behind when Allen left the field. 

Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have said well on their way, but more like right there with. The feel of the game was one that the Bills could definitely win ( they were all over Watson that day, and I’m a big fan) until the Peterman came in. I absolutely contend that this season the home team would be a slight favorite if the teams were to play. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/13/2019 at 8:15 PM, Buffarukus said:

your right and whats really concerning about this is it seems patriots have a easy pass to go to there 4rth straight superbowl and eclipse our record because they acctually won them.

GOD DO I HATE THEM!!!

we are in prime position to stop them so i guess its put up or shut up. no more rebuild. no more next year. NOW!!

The play 2 tougher teams the Bills don't - Texas and KC.  Both could beat them.  Now I think the Pats will win the division but it may be close.  The Bills must win in Foxboro to have a chance.

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have said well on their way, but more like right there with. The feel of the game was one that the Bills could definitely win ( they were all over Watson that day, and I’m a big fan) until the Peterman came in. I absolutely contend that this season the home team would be a slight favorite if the teams were to play. 

Yea it was the day Watson played with a partially collapsed lung and the Bills really hassled him. They were right there with the Texans. That is fair. They were in the game for sure. People try and give Allen that as a quasi win though quite often which is a bit of a stretch. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was the day Watson played with a partially collapsed lung and the Bills really hassled him. They were right there with the Texans. That is fair. They were in the game for sure. People try and give Allen that as a quasi win though quite often which is a bit of a stretch. 

Yes, definitely not a quasi- win. There was still some game left to go and it certainly could have broken either way. Seemed too close to call right up to  Allen’s injury, but definitely not like a mop-up for the backup to just hold on. There was still work to be done ;  the Bills defense was strong that day. When Peterman came in, it felt over. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This is said a lot but we were behind when Allen left the field. 

True to an extent ...  The momentum was swinging Buffalo's way 

The Bills had a 13 to 10 lead 

4 13:00 Bills Zay Jones 16 yard pass from Nathan Peterman (Stephen Hauschka kick) 13

Quarter Time Tm Detail BUF HOU
1 4:43 Texans DeAndre Hopkins 13 yard pass from Deshaun Watson (Ka'imi Fairbairn kick) 0 7
2 8:33 Texans Ka'imi Fairbairn 33 yard field goal 0 10
3 10:12 Bills Stephen Hauschka 23 yard field goal 3 10
  2:12 Bills Stephen Hauschka 52 yard field goal 6 10
4 13:00 Bills Zay Jones 16 yard pass from Nathan Peterman (Stephen Hauschka kick) 13 10
  1:34 Texans Ka'imi Fairbairn 27 yard field goal 13 13
  1:23 Texans Johnathan Joseph 28 yard interception return (Ka'imi Fairbairn kick) 13 20
Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

9 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

True to an extent ...  The momentum was swinging Buffalo's way 

The Bills had a 13 to 10 lead 

4 13:00 Bills Zay Jones 16 yard pass from Nathan Peterman (Stephen Hauschka kick) 13

Quarter Time Tm Detail BUF HOU
1 4:43 Texans DeAndre Hopkins 13 yard pass from Deshaun Watson (Ka'imi Fairbairn kick) 0 7
2 8:33 Texans Ka'imi Fairbairn 33 yard field goal 0 10
3 10:12 Bills Stephen Hauschka 23 yard field goal 3 10
  2:12 Bills Stephen Hauschka 52 yard field goal 6 10
4 13:00 Bills Zay Jones 16 yard pass from Nathan Peterman (Stephen Hauschka kick) 13 10
  1:34 Texans Ka'imi Fairbairn 27 yard field goal 13 13
  1:23 Texans Johnathan Joseph 28 yard interception return (Ka'imi Fairbairn kick) 13 20

They didn't have a lead when Allen left the field. They had a lead after Peterpick managed to throw to one of his own guys for a change. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They didn't have a lead when Allen left the field. They had a lead after Peterpick managed to throw to one of his own guys for a change. 

I agreed with that,   

IIRC, I believe that the Bills were in control of the game in the 2nd half, until well, Nate gave us Nate. 

I assumed the N Peterman to Zay TD to take a 13-10 lead indicated that