The AFC is a dumpster fire this season

8 hours ago, dous21 said:

The Bills aren't even top 3 in the AFC

Pats, Chiefs and Texans all better. Watson is playing at a MVP level right now. we have struggled to beat 4 of the worst teams in the NFL

Have you read your own post?   

Who has NE played?  5 teams with a Losing record.  Steelers 2 W,  Dolphins 0 W, Jets 1 W,  Deadskins 1 W, (compliments of Miami) Giants 2 W.

Who has HOU played?  3 teams with a Losing record. Jags 2 W, Chargers 2 W,  Falcons 1 W, Chiefs 4W

Who has KC  played?   Losses to Colts and Texans the rest ...   Jaguars 2 W, @ Raiders 3 W, Ravens 4 W, Lions 2 W

Arguably NE beat 4 of the worst teams in the NFL

The others are not that far behind.                                          Imagine being a Cowboys fan losing to Mono Darnold 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Maybe. The NFCE however, is..

DC3F8AE7-0934-4C84-A307-CC06D17089E8.jpeg

You need to add flames to the last trash can.  

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Have you read your own post?   

Who has NE played?  5 teams with a Losing record.  Steelers 2 W,  Dolphins 0 W, Jets 1 W,  Deadskins 1 W, (compliments of Miami) Giants 2 W.

Who has HOU played?  3 teams with a Losing record. Jags 2 W, Chargers 2 W,  Falcons 1 W, Chiefs 4W

Who has KC  played?   Losses to Colts and Texans the rest ...   Jaguars 2 W, @ Raiders 3 W, Ravens 4 W, Lions 2 W

Arguably NE beat 4 of the worst teams in the NFL

The others are not that far behind.                                          Imagine being a Cowboys fan losing to Mono Darnold 

You need to add flames to the last trash can.  

buddy. we barely won in those games. NE, Hou, and KC have all blown out teams this season. our offense is nowhere near good enough right now to be considered a top team in the NFL. 

13 hours ago, BakersDozen said:

No it is impossible to finish with a better record than the division winner because if you have the better record you ARE the division winner. 

He is talking about being a wildcard team facing a winner from another division. 

20 minutes ago, dous21 said:

buddy. we barely won in those games. NE, Hou, and KC have all blown out teams this season. our offense is nowhere near good enough right now to be considered a top team in the NFL. 

Our offense is not. Our defense is. It’s a team sport. NE didn’t blow us out. We were in it until the very last drive. They won from a blocked punt. 

14 hours ago, mannc said:

It's not a stretch to say we're the second best team in the AFC right now.  I can't think of a team other than NE that we wouldn't beat on a neutral field. 

I hate to tell you, but that cliche is not a thing for fans.

No one watched the Texans the past 2 weeks?  Watson has 17 TDs so far, including 5 rushing.  Hopkins and Fuller.

I think the Texans could beat NE in NE right now.

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one watched the Texans the past 2 weeks?  Watson has 17 TDs so far, including 5 rushing.  Hopkins and Fuller.

I don't disagree.  You could definitely make a case for the Texans and maybe even the Colts, as well.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, mannc said:

So if their fans start looking ahead, it could affect how the Bills play against, say, Miami, even if the team remains focused?  How does that work?

You'd be surprised ... there's a large portion of kum by yah, only positive thought fans out there who will call you a hater at the drop of a hat should you dare say anything even remotely negative

Remember, our assessment of how good teams are is skewed by the fact that we're only 1/3 of the way into the season. In 6 weeks we'll have a different picture. Some teams we think suck will have turned it around, and vice versa.

Imagine if 2 weeks ago someone predicted the Chefs would lose consecutive games to the Colts and Texans, Denver would beat TN, SF would beat LA, and NJJ would beat Dallas. That guy would have been derided as an idiot and a fool, but here we are.

• Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe they watched the Texans the first 4 weeks too and saw a team struggle to put up double digit points against the Jags and Panthers.  Which Deshaun Watson is showing up week to week?

1 hour ago, dous21 said:

We WON!!! 

period.  NE struggled against the Bills

and for the most part The Giants.   Turnovers saved the Pats bacon. 

The Pats thus far are not what they used to be offensively 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1

As the old saying goes, "Defense wins championships..."  In recent years much has been made of the new modern offenses and high powered attacks.  But they all have flaws and once the defensive minds are able to break them down and find the weaknesses, they can be and will be stopped.  With the strength of the Bills defense I believe that anything is possible and that this team has the potential to take down anyone out there this year.  Even though we might not be the "better team".  

• Like (+1) 1

The AFC sets up well for the Bills this year. I dont see a game on the docket that they can't win. 

Philly should be a challenge

Browns on the road could be a tough game

Dallas if they decide to show up

Baltimore will be tough, but winnable especially at home

Could week 16 be for the division? Honestly it wouldn't shock me. If Josh learns how to take care of the football better, this team could be very very good

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Haven't you guys heard? The second coming of Darnold is here after the long suffering of Jets fans. They are going to win out now and ride the wave to the SB. :rolleyes:

I wouldn’t mind them winning a bunch of games and handing some teams losses that might be in the WC picture.  Hell, maybe they surprise NE next week.  

Theyre clearly a decent team when healthy, and much better than their 1-4 record.   

Best case scenario is them missing the playoffs but not being in position to draft Chase Young or Jerry Jeudy.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Patriots>Houston>Chiefs>Bills

Bills can make a jump if the offense improves over the course of the year.... think they need to make a big move for a top WR for that to happen, IMO.

I like Houston a lot but their secondary does concern me and they suffered some key injuries yesterday. The rookie RT went down and since they moved him from LG to RT and inserted the other rookie at LG the line has taken a very big step. Cunningham was hurt for a period too and Robey who is having a good year at corner went down. They are not the deepest team because they have a lot of money tied up in their stars so that hurts. I also just wonder about whether they have a mental block with the Patriots similar to the Bills.

13 hours ago, dous21 said:

Pats, Chiefs and Texans all better. Watson is playing at a MVP level right now. we have struggled to beat 4 of the worst teams in the NFL. 

Unfortunately you're right about us and the "worst teams" that we've beaten.

13 hours ago, dous21 said:

Pats, Chiefs and Texans all better. Watson is playing at a MVP level right now. we have struggled to beat 4 of the worst teams in the NFL. 

That’s a purely subjective argument. Most would put Pats and Chiefs as 1 and 2 , and I still would as well. While Watson is excellent and the best player on that team, it’s not clear that HOU would beat the Bills head to head. In fact, last year’s edition of the Bills ( much worse) seemed well on their way to upsetting the Texans at home until Allen was injured. Pickerman came in and we all know the rest. Anyway, it’s about matchups and I think if HOU and BUF played each other the home team would be a slight favorite. 

• Like (+1) 1

It seems like a weird season.  Teams look unbeatable and fall to earth hard (Dal, Ten).  Other teams look like they are out of it, then somehow look good (Pit, Den, Min).

Might have some shakeup for the playoffs this season with some new entrants and teams advancing.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dous21 said:

Pay little attention to this attention whourse. He’s a reincarnation of banned posters XaB164 & LFC064. He’s on such a short leash, it’s clipped to my belt loop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1