One down. Next coach canned?

BmarvB

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Quinn somehow still hanging on in Atlanta.

His defense has been the problem lately, but now his team has found some balance. Now the offense sucks too. Oh, and Matt Ryan is injured.

Flush these turds already.

He got the owners "vote of confidence".   

Ryan has a 75% completion ration.  How many other QB's would love those #'s ...  

It's more than just a "crappy QB imo

I think Quinn and Kitchens are the only other coach who will get fired this year. Whether it be in season or after idk. That is unless the Bengals throw the towel in on Zac Taylor after one year or Denver does the same with Fangio. 

43 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

He got the owners "vote of confidence".   

Ryan has a 75% completion ration.  How many other QB's would love those #'s ...  

It's more than just a "crappy QB imo

I would say it's anything BUT crappy QB play. Especially when the defensive-minded HC takes over DC duties, and the defense becomes the biggest problem.

I think he has Blank's "vote"... for now. But we'll see if he uses the Bye coming up in 2 weeks to say "Bye" to Quinn.

The only reason I can see waiting until the end of the season is that he is going to fire Dimitroff too, and wants to get rid of everyone at the same time. So Dimitroff isnt asking about whether he should look for a new coach, and that awkward conversation.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is this a Match Game question?  ?

?

Good one. Can’t wait to see what the natives are saying today. My two favorite sports guys in Atlanta are on now. 

Seattle coming to town next weekend . Then the bye. Quinn won’t make it past the bye the way the D has given up.

I think it's a race between Quinn and Lynn

Most of the others being mentioned are in their first years so I don't think that happens. Outside of Kitchens, none of them had taken over solid teams so they aren't really underachieving yet. Tomlin may end up traded or resigning (mutual parting at the end of the year) to take the Redskins job (apparently they really want him). But Tomlin may get the benefit of the excuse that his QB went down early.

A surprising candidate could be Pederson if the Eagles continue to drop. I don't see Garrett getting canned unless they miss the playoffs

14 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Lynn putting in Gordon was one of the worst coaching moves of the year

I get that in hindsight, yes Gordon fumbled the ball.

But why is putting in your #1 back on the goal line one of the "worst coaching moves of the year?"

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Good one. Can’t wait to see what the natives are saying today. My two favorite sports guys in Atlanta are on now. 

Seattle coming to town next weekend . Then the bye. Quinn won’t make it past the bye the way the D has given up.

The Seahacks got crushed by Baltimore ...  they are not what they used to be. 

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think it's a race between Quinn and Lynn

Philip Rivers is long in the tooth and needs to be replaced .. I'd start there 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The Seahacks got crushed by Baltimore ...  they are not what they used to be. 

Philip Rivers is long in the tooth and needs to be replaced .. I'd start there 

I hear ya, but the Falcon players have quit on Quinn. Peter Carroll might be talking with Quinn about coming back as a defensive coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I hear ya, but the Falcon players have quit on Quinn. Peter Carroll might be talking with Quinn about coming back as a defensive coach. 

I've heard rumors ...  Peter Carroll being the topic and how much longer he will coach.  

Seattle isn't what it used to be and maybe if not for the Rams 3 game losing streak would be 3rd in that division

...miraculously healed AGAIN, Urban is interested........

Jerry Jones: It’s a “compliment” for Urban Meyer to be interested in Cowboys job

Posted by Mike Florio on October 22, 2019, 10:23 AM EDT

Urban Meyer recently talked publicly about his interest in coaching the Cowboys. Other coaches (including the one who currently coaches the Cowboys) would regard that as a faux pas. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones regards it differently.

“For Urban Meyer to say that is a compliment,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. “Period. I really know that. The job is a great job. Now, that’s not implying that I made it that way or I don’t make it that way. It’s just the place to be.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/22/jerry-jones-its-a-compliment-for-urban-meyer-to-be-interested-in-cowboys-job/