One down. Next coach canned?

BmarvB

I think Mike Vrabel coached one of his last games in Tennessee. They don’t have a rabid fan base but something has got to give. They had so many chances to win against us and Denver. There were high expectations to improve this year and the regression of Mariota throws water on any perceived progress offensively. Plus the unfortunate history with similar coaches i.e. Munchak and Mularkey, I see his bags already packed. 

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The 2-4 Steelers with 3rd string QB are going to beat the Ravens in the Division?

nah...

yep.   It's gonna happen.  That D is nasty and underrated.  The O-line is still very good, letting Benny Snell run wild after Connor came out--after putting up monster numbers himself.  When Rudolph gets back, they will go more conservative with him, allowing some deeper passes to JuJu at some points.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Garrett, kitchens, quinn, ( might be a long shot but depending how bad there season gets)-Anthony Lynn. Chargers we’re listed as a playoff and possible Super Bowl contender and they look completely lost and unfocused and undisciplined. Brian Flores honestly is a dead man walking he’s gonna be Cam Cameron 2.0.

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Jerry Jones: Jason Garrett would be very sought after on open market

Posted by Josh Alper on October 15, 2019, 1:43 PM EDT

Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett’s job security has been a frequent topic of conversation over the last decade and the team’s current three-game losing streak has brought it back to the forefront once again.

Garrett has gotten votes of confidence from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and executive vice president Stephen Jones this month and he got another one from the elder Jones during an appearance on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. Jones was asked to address the thought that Garrett is on the hot seat.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/15/jerry-jones-jason-garrett-would-be-very-sought-after-on-open-market/

and a sample comment...LMAO.....

ridusofreid says:

Whole Foods Market? Boston Market? Stock Market? A farmer’s market?

i

Ra

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Jerry Jones: Jason Garrett would be very sought after on open market

Posted by Josh Alper on October 15, 2019, 1:43 PM EDT

Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett’s job security has been a frequent topic of conversation over the last decade and the team’s current three-game losing streak has brought it back to the forefront once again.

Garrett has gotten votes of confidence from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and executive vice president Stephen Jones this month and he got another one from the elder Jones during an appearance on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. Jones was asked to address the thought that Garrett is on the hot seat.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/15/jerry-jones-jason-garrett-would-be-very-sought-after-on-open-market/

“I want to talk about our team, talk about coach,” Jones said. “I have felt that we got a lot invested in Jason Garrett. He’s had a lot of years that he’s been a part of the Cowboys and he evolved into what, I think, is a top coach. He would be a very sought after coach if he were out here in the open market. So, there’s a lot of pluses there. He brings a lot to the table and I can genuinely say that that is not a thought that I am having. So, it would be unfair to our fans for me to have any indication about what I may think the future is as far as head coach.”

This all sounds more like weasel-y Jerry Jones BS than actual votes of confidence. I understand that he said pretty much the same thing the last time Garrett's contract was up, and they did re-sign him. But none of this is a clear "we want him back and will make it happen" vote of confidence.

Saying "he would be heavily sough after on the open market" doesnt mean anything really. Could be just as easily seen as a knock when its coming from your current employer.

That all said, I also understand he isnt going to sink his negotiations by showing his hand to the fans.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Bengals coach 

Never happen, Bengel's way to cheap to ever fire a coach with more than one year left on his contract.  Even then it's questionable. 

That's how Lewis lasted so long, then when the contract ran out, he'd have a good year, so would get renewed, then was guaranteed at least 3 years as too much money left to fire him.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

This all sounds more like weasel-y Jerry Jones BS than actual votes of confidence. I understand that he said pretty much the same thing the last time Garrett's contract was up, and they did re-sign him. But none of this is a clear "we want him back and will make it happen" vote of confidence.

Saying "he would be heavily sough after on the open market" doesnt mean anything really. Could be just as easily seen as a knock when its coming from your current employer.

I think it means, "He'll land on his feet somewhere, after I fire him."